Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<2627282930>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
mnandii
#541 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:42:25 PM

hisah wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:
@mnandii, good stuff.

Looking at the long term chart drawing a straight line under the troughs from Sept 02, March 09 and point X(2011), then 4000(or slightly below that) looks like the point at which the current correction will terminate. I would go with the alternate count that we are falling in wave[iii] targeting the 4,000 mark(although that depends if we breach 4,700 with no bounce back and then on how aggressive CBK is in shielding the kenya shilling from further loss- today we are 102.55 with no intervention)

Happy trading

My expectation is for the slide to continue towards 4400 where the oversold conditions will be prime since there are no legs at 4500 - 4700 level after that 300bps rate hike by CBK. Then a bounce towards 4700 to retest former support and down again towards 3800 - 4000. There are still bullish hopefuls around. Below 4400 I expect these hopefuls to send the index in a steep dive towards 4000 or lower as capitulation hits the peak.

Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
hisah
#542 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:15:20 AM

Nairobi bourse sheds 3 percent value in a fortnight

And breaks below 4700 handle.

Banking H1 results will be out soon. SCBK already hiked by a massive factor its provision for bad loans in Q1. Will the rest do so in H1? CBR has been hiked 35% as Q3 (July started) together with a KBRR hike. This will start reflecting in Q3 which feeds into the H2 period as the FY ends. Watch out for NPL curveballs for they'll definitely spike. Next is the bonds portfolio. Will the same trick like in 2011 be used again? Bonds for income changing to mark to maturity instead of mark to market to hide losses? Financial engineering aka book cooking aka creative accounting will be back with a bang in the financials sector. You'll need a keen eye to see the magic to avoid those stocks smile

As for remaining hopeful bulls, sit tight. I'm relying on you to trigger that sizable selloff in order to reset frothy valuations to sweet discounts.

For those attending the golden handcuffs class wish you all the best in learning the lessons. There is no hurry. If you don't pass you'll repeat the class till you graduate. But truth be told, many quit this class (market) now, which is the best time to learn!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Mainat
#543 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:57:59 AM

Cash-king for now.

The good thing about +254 is we continue to attract lots of solicited and unsolicited FDI. Just need to figure out how to deal with muslims and Kenya will be the emerging economy of 2020s
Sehemu ndio nyumba
mnandii
#544 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:41:50 PM

mnandii wrote:
To ensure consistency in labelling with our long term chart, I have also updated the wave counts in this short term chart.

So there we are.

We have our impulse wave drop from 5499 level in March and with wave counts (i) (ii) (iii) (iv) and (v) making up minute wave [i] at 4744.66.

We now have wave (a) at 4906.07 and a developing wave (b), which has already broken below the low of our impulse. This suggests that the entire wave [ii], which should consist of waves (a) (b) and (c), will be an expanded flat. We therefore expect wave (b) to bottom soon and our wave (c) to move up above 4906 level.

An alternate count would suggest that wave [ii] is already complete at 4906.07 and we are now falling in wave [iii]. There is a level which, if broken, would suggest that is the case. See below:

Number Crunching:

Length Wave [i] = {5499.64 - 4744.66} = 754.98

Length Wave (a) = {4906.07 - 4744.66} = 161.41

So wave (a) was close to Fibonacci 23.6% of wave [i].

Since we expect a flat, we can predict a target for wave (b) as shown below.

B waves of expanded flats are usually 123.6% of the A wave.

Therefore:

123.6% of 161.41 = 199.50

Subtracting this value from the end of wave (a) gives us:

{4906.07 - 199.50} = 4706.57

And we don't expect wave (b) to be more than 138.2% of wave (a).

138.2% of 161.41 = 223.07

Thus, wave (b) should not go below: {4906.07 - 223.07} = 4683

As stated before, if 4683 is broken to the downside then we'll know that we are in the wave [iii].

SUMMARY:

NSE 20 Share Index is expected to bottom at (or near) 4706.57 then start a powerful move up in wave (c).

NE 20 Share Index closes at 4676.16 on 16th July, '15. Alerts us that we are in wave [iii] or [c] . I'll post a chart soon to explain.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#545 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 8:27:23 AM

Bitcoin. This preferred count calls for a move below $150.
mnandii
#546 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 9:22:52 AM

Learning Elliott Waves_ Wayne Gorman Interview Part II
Angelica _ann
#547 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 9:29:13 AM

mnandii wrote:

This belongs to Bitcon thread!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mnandii
#548 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 9:30:56 AM

In this new interview, Elliott Wave International's Mark Galasiewski discusses the panic in China over the Shanghai Composite's recent decline.

Learn why, from the Elliott wave perspective, the Shanghai Composite's recent decline is a relatively normal occurrence -- and what it implies for the future of Chinese stocks. Watch.

link

mnandii
#549 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 9:34:27 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mnandii wrote:

This belongs to Bitcon thread!!!

Yawa!

smile

I guess I need to change the title of this thread to encompass Elliott Waves and Socionomics.

Bitcoin is important as a currency. Reason for my interest. And I want it to be at a place I can easily update analysis on it.
Aguytrying
#550 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 12:43:37 PM

hisah wrote:
Nairobi bourse sheds 3 percent value in a fortnight

And breaks below 4700 handle.

Banking H1 results will be out soon. SCBK already hiked by a massive factor its provision for bad loans in Q1. Will the rest do so in H1? CBR has been hiked 35% as Q3 (July started) together with a KBRR hike. This will start reflecting in Q3 which feeds into the H2 period as the FY ends. Watch out for NPL curveballs for they'll definitely spike. Next is the bonds portfolio. Will the same trick like in 2011 be used again? Bonds for income changing to mark to maturity instead of mark to market to hide losses? Financial engineering aka book cooking aka creative accounting will be back with a bang in the financials sector. You'll need a keen eye to see the magic to avoid those stocks smile

As for remaining hopeful bulls, sit tight. I'm relying on you to trigger that sizable selloff in order to reset frothy valuations to sweet discounts.

For those attending the golden handcuffs class wish you all the best in learning the lessons. There is no hurry. If you don't pass you'll repeat the class till you graduate. But truth be told, many quit this class (market) now, which is the best time to learn!

lol @ golden handcuffs class. I think this is the first cry for help/ hand cuffs tightening http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...aspx?g=posts&t=32582
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
hisah
#551 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:54:54 AM

NSE foreign investor weekly outflow hits new high of Sh1.7bn

The hopium language used in this article confirms that the index still has room to fall lower! Hope has never and will never be an investment strategy.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#552 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:11:33 AM

Treasury sees number of banks falling to 30

Banking consolidation alert.

@mnandii - I see plenty of opportunities coming up when the bear will be most powerful. The next bull cycle will be charged by this banking M&A frenzy.
VituVingiSana
#553 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:48:04 AM

hisah wrote:

@mnandii - I see plenty of opportunities coming up when the bear will be most powerful. The next bull cycle will be charged by this banking M&A frenzy.

Aren't all the listed banks above the 5bn shareholder capital proposal?
Unless a few small banks list in an attempt to raise funds to make it to 5bn, why the M&A excitement?

Some banks are quite close to 5bn [by 2017] and 3 years of zero dividends can get them there. Most Kenyan banks easily make 10% ROE so a bank with 3.75bn shareholders funds (31 Dec 2014) can make it to 5bn with just 10% (per year) ROE with all earnings being retained.
3.75 x 1.1 = 4.13
4.13 x 1.1 = 4.54
4.54 x 1.1 = 5.08

Some banks have ROEs of 15% and that means a bank with 3.25bn Shareholder Funds [31 Dec 2014] could make it by 31 Dec 2017.

I suspect many small banks will revalue their properties or enter into sale-leaseback deals [so the asset realizes cash used to bolster Core Capital] or capitalize expenses [instead of running them through the P&L] ... instead of being forced into a M&A deal.

I expect a few Private Placements to bridge the difference/shortfall for those slightly short of the 5bn.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
hisah
#554 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:53:07 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

Unless a few small banks list in an attempt to raise funds to make it to 5bn, why the M&A excitement?

Some banks are quite close to 5bn [by 2017] and 3 years of zero dividends can get them there. Most Kenyan banks easily make 10% ROE so a bank with 3.75bn shareholders funds (31 Dec 2014) can make it to 5bn with just 10% (per year) ROE with all earnings being retained.
3.75 x 1.1 = 4.13
4.13 x 1.1 = 4.54
4.54 x 1.1 = 5.08

Some banks have ROEs of 15% and that means a bank with 3.25bn Shareholder Funds [31 Dec 2014] could make it by 31 Dec 2017.

I suspect many small banks will revalue their properties or enter into sale-leaseback deals [so the asset realizes cash used to bolster Core Capital] or capitalize expenses [instead of running them through the P&L] ... instead of being forced into a M&A deal.

I expect a few Private Placements to bridge the difference/shortfall for those slightly short of the 5bn.

Thanks for the analysis. What I meant is during the bear winter the M&A session will guarantee a floor for trend reversal. Then we will discuss your points above on who has made the best or worst acquisition.
VituVingiSana
#555 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:51:02 PM

hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

3.75 x 1.1 = 4.13
4.13 x 1.1 = 4.54
4.54 x 1.1 = 5.08

Thanks for the analysis. What I meant is during the bear winter the M&A session will guarantee a floor for trend reversal. Then we will discuss your points above on who has made the best or worst acquisition.

Are foreign banks interested in buying out Kenyan banks?
If yes, then there might be a floor. If no, then there is no floor.
Acquisitions are not easy. The lauded synergies hardly ever mature primarily due to cultural issues.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mnandii
#556 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:09:44 PM

Every market follows its own Elliott wave path. EWI.
mnandii
#557 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:10:15 AM

Focus!

And remember...

We have said, all along, that Stocks, commodities and real estate will ALL FALL.

The hard cash you have will have a bigger buying power.

Also, be prepared for a possibility of you lifetime savings being locked up in a banks vaults, like happening in GREECE now!

Prechter, my mentor, says the World's debts is UNPAYABLE!

Your own country has got a negative credit rating because of mounting debt.. Hmnh!

Aguytrying
#558 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:34:37 AM

@hisah, mnadii. From my inexperienced eyes it looks like the bear is coming faster than anticipated. Accelerated intake. Looks like it's a very swift trip to the bottom. Eg Barclays below 15.00!! That's gotta be more than a one year low
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mkonomtupu
#559 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:37:50 PM

Hopefully this is my last post on wazua(I have hit my target of 1,000 posts) it's been a wonderful five years ladies n gents. I have learnt a lot and taught a lot.
Let me give my accolades to the following:
@Vituvingisana-for prompting me to join wazua. Back in 2009 at the height of the bear run he was the only one actively posting and he looked he was just talking to himself.Thanks for sharpening my mind on the agric stocks moto moto thread.

@deal-for making me lots of cash on uchumi and saving me cash on Britam. Bright young fellow, good analyst when he want to be one but he gives up too easily.

@Njung'e-for saving me mad cash on mumias. I would be crying in the toilet.

@guru267-for showing me you can play the market long-term and short-term. Her early posts and market posts were really admirable. She got lost somewhere hope you find your way home.

@sparkly-an excellent stock picker good insights into good stocks but you never follow through. @mwekezaji-also a good stock picker with a bright future.

@Aguytrying and @smutaga-for being brilliant students of fundamental analysis. A bit of technical analysis will not harm you.

@Hisah-for teaching me macro-economics and inverse relation of the dollar and the commodities prices. I impressed my bosses when I told them oil would collapse from $115 to below $60.

@mnandii-for helping me re-discover technical analysis. It has saved me a lot of headache, misery and money. Keep up the spirit

@madam admin-for bestowing the rank of veteran. It would have such a shame to go out as a member.

@everyone else-knives sharpen knives. Keep up the spirit

@guests- when will you ever join and contribute to knowledge. You can't drink from the well and refuse to replenish the well.

Kwa hayo machache ladies n gents mkonomtupu has left the site
enyands
#560 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:07:31 PM

Sad
mkonomtupu wrote:
Hopefully this is my last post on wazua(I have hit my target of 1,000 posts) it's been a wonderful five years ladies n gents. I have learnt a lot and taught a lot.
Let me give my accolades to the following:
@Vituvingisana-for prompting me to join wazua. Back in 2009 at the height of the bear run he was the only one actively posting and he looked he was just talking to himself.Thanks for sharpening my mind on the agric stocks moto moto thread.

@deal-for making me lots of cash on uchumi and saving me cash on Britam. Bright young fellow, good analyst when he want to be one but he gives up too easily.

@Njung'e-for saving me mad cash on mumias. I would be crying in the toilet.

@guru267-for showing me you can play the market long-term and short-term. Her early posts and market posts were really admirable. She got lost somewhere hope you find your way home.

@sparkly-an excellent stock picker good insights into good stocks but you never follow through. @mwekezaji-also a good stock picker with a bright future.

@Aguytrying and @smutaga-for being brilliant students of fundamental analysis. A bit of technical analysis will not harm you.

@Hisah-for teaching me macro-economics and inverse relation of the dollar and the commodities prices. I impressed my bosses when I told them oil would collapse from $115 to below $60.

@mnandii-for helping me re-discover technical analysis. It has saved me a lot of headache, misery and money. Keep up the spirit

@madam admin-for bestowing the rank of veteran. It would have such a shame to go out as a member.

@everyone else-knives sharpen knives. Keep up the spirit

@guests- when will you ever join and contribute to knowledge. You can't drink from the well and refuse to replenish the well.

Kwa hayo machache ladies n gents mkonomtupu has left the site

Sad