186 Pages«<164165166167168>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
Ericsson
#3301 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2020 2:26:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:
mnandii wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Remember our 36/- target on Safaricom. Be ready to SHORT then.

Watching this one closely.

Safcom may have topped out at 33.50.

A move below 25.00 will be conformation that a top is set at 33.50. If that happens then expect Safcom to fall much further to at least 14.00.

Safaricom is holding above 30.

Bounce back yesterday and today.
@mnadii
What time interval are you looking at in your analysis.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
wukan
#3302 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2020 3:18:53 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
How does this China virus Coronavirus fit with the waves Bw. @mnandii? Any comment on how it is likely to fit into our local scenario.

Central banks will overreact, pump liquidity into the system and markets will not be able to price the risk correctly. And then the end will come
AndyC
#3303 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2020 11:58:09 AM

Secret investors no longer a secret
https://www.businessdail...77794-l4qauyz/index.html
sparkly
#3304 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2020 1:14:00 PM

[quote=AndyC]Secret investors no longer a secret
https://www.businessdail...7794-l4qauyz/index.html[/quote]

Which regulations are they referring to, under what Act?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#3305 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2020 4:54:15 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mnandii wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

A move below 25.00 will be conformation that a top is set at 33.50. If that happens then expect Safcom to fall much further to at least 14.00.

@mnadii

Heavy volumes been traded on Safaricom since beginning of the week.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
shiznit
#3306 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 9:23:19 AM

sparkly wrote:

Which regulations are they referring to, under what Act?

The Companies (Beneficial Ownership Information) Regulations, 2020. Gazetted last Friday. They've been in the works since 2018 when they changed the law because of the NYS scandals (multiple directorships and proxies). Has quite a downside to several companies.
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
Ebenyo
#3307 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2020 9:29:04 AM

Crooks have been unmasked
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mnandii
#3308 Posted : Saturday, March 07, 2020 2:15:02 PM

DAMN!

The market fell below my support level!

Targets for the end of this bear lie between 1700 - 1400 with the lower range more likely.

The social, economic and political situation in Kenya will increasingly become dire. Expect political violence as we head to 2022 elections.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#3309 Posted : Saturday, March 07, 2020 2:25:28 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mnandii wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

@mnadii

Heavy volumes been traded on Safaricom since beginning of the week.

Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#3310 Posted : Saturday, March 07, 2020 2:28:05 PM

Safaricom is falling as we have anticipated in the past.

Targets for the end of the bear lie at 13.09 or 8.34 or even below that. It is a wave two retracement afterall, it can fall to whatever level it likes so long as it does not go below zero.
mnandii
#3311 Posted : Saturday, March 07, 2020 2:30:03 PM

mnandii wrote:

Safaricom is falling as we have anticipated in the past.

Targets for the end of the bear lie at 13.09 or 8.34 or even below that. It is a wave two retracement afterall, it can fall to whatever level it likes so long as it does not go below zero.

I'll try to chart the smaller subdivisions of wave C to give us a clearer indication of waves two's extent.
mnandii
#3312 Posted : Saturday, March 07, 2020 2:38:07 PM

NASI ALL SHARE

Such a beautiful Elliott wave pattern. Followed our forecast to a t! And people still want to rely on 'fundamentals'?! smile Well, there are fundamentals, but it's not what the majority practice.

Expect NASI's fall to gain momentum on the downside.
VituVingiSana
#3313 Posted : Saturday, March 07, 2020 8:43:05 PM

mnandii wrote:

NASI ALL SHARE

Such a beautiful Elliott wave pattern. Followed our forecast to a t! And people still want to rely on 'fundamentals'?! smile Well, there are fundamentals, but it's not what the majority practice.

Expect NASI's fall to gain momentum on the downside.

I admit I do not understand the charts and they seem more likely to be produced after the fact and have lots of conditions e.g. it will rise to 40 or fall below 30. And that's OK given there are few guarantees.

And most (or experienced) "fundamental" investors know there are no guarantees. Things can change and one has to adapt.
Also they do not buy the "market" as much as specific stocks on fundamentals.

As an example (on the NSE), not all banks are equal. Not in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2007, 2012, 2017, 2020...
The same goes for most firms eg insurance firms or real estate firms.

There may be macro situations that affect all firms in a sector or the economy e.g. media.

Until recently, we could not buy indexes and even now it's not that simple/straightforward.

I remain curious about charting but there is little that shows its accuracy or benefits over good ol' fundamental investing given we (mostly) invest in individual stocks not the NASI or NSE.

I don't have the list that constitutes the NASI/NSE but I have not had Mumias, KQ, OCH, Uchumi, TCL, Cables, HAFR, etc (40 of 54) in my portfolio in any appreciable % for many years. They do not affect me.

5 constitute 85% (These affect me. Huge)
5-10 constitute another 10% (These affect me somewhat)
The rest constitute the balance of 5% (Little effect)
Then the "zero effect" shares which I do not own or have very, very few.

*Changes happen:
- KK was a top 5 and then went to 0% after the takeover.
- Centum replaced KK and was upgraded from "Tier 2" to "Core"
- ARM was Tier 2 and went to zero after it went into receivership.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#3314 Posted : Saturday, March 07, 2020 9:02:43 PM

New research going back 120 years backs up Warren Buffett’s simple advice for investing
https://www.cnbc.com/202...vice-for-investing.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
lochaz-index
#3315 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 10:53:50 AM

mnandii wrote:

DAMN!

Targets for the end of this bear lie between 1700 - 1400 with the lower range more likely.

The social, economic and political situation in Kenya will increasingly become dire. Expect political violence as we head to 2022 elections.

Sub-2000 it is. That 1400 target will be brutal to NSE bulls. Another 1000 points shave will be a thorough shake off if there ever was one. I fear for penny stocks...what is the lowest possible price? Suspension, delisting, forced consolidation?
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mnandii
#3316 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:01:56 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

DAMN!

Sub-2000 it is. That 1400 target will be brutal to NSE bulls. Another 1000 points shave will be a thorough shake off if there ever was one. I fear for penny stocks...what is the lowest possible price? Suspension, delisting, forced consolidation?

mnandii
#3317 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:03:42 AM

NSE 20 SHARE INDEX

It's a fifth wave (wave (v) of [c] of Y) down guys. There is no helping it.
mnandii
#3318 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:15:10 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
New research going back 120 years backs up Warren Buffett’s simple advice for investing
https://www.cnbc.com/202...vice-for-investing.html

@vvs, Elliott Waves is proven. It's scientific. It works.
And being elliotticians we understand the fundamental reasons why those who practice fundamental analysis reject it. The very 'rationalizations' of fundamental analysts is why traders will always make the same patterns over and over on charts.

Denying Elliott Waves is like denying that evolution is not fact. As Neil de Grasse Tyson says science is under no obligation to make sense to you. So whether the facts of Elliott are denied or not they still remain facts.

NB: Elliott Waves is based off of your prerational brain. So they are things which you do subconsciously and have little control over eg if you hear a rustling in the forest you imediately take off (run) just to ensure your survival in case it's a lion hunting you.
mnandii
#3319 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:24:55 AM

Fundamental analysts and especially macro-economists have been proven over and over never to have the ability to tell when a trend is likely to change. Eg Elliott Wave International (EWI) has been predicting the end of the bull run in the DOW for ages. Now the DOW has started it's long drop down and there's still more downside to come. But you know what fundamentalists are saying right now? They are advising people to buy, that the current drop is simply a correction. Well, many people will make that damn mistake and buy. And they'll lose.

In 2015 I predicted the end of the bull run in NSE 20 Share Index. The very first post in this thread is testament to that. But as always no one listened. The bulls were busy cheering on with the funadmentalists on the leading edge. Well, the index has fallen all the way from over 5000 to now 2300. I don't remember any fundamentalist having the audacity to call all that drop!
VituVingiSana
#3320 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:33:22 AM

mnandii wrote:
Fundamental analysts and especially macro-economists have been proven over and over never to have the ability to tell when a trend is likely to change. Eg Elliott Wave International (EWI) has been predicting the end of the bull run in the DOW for ages. Now the DOW has started it's long drop down and there's still more downside to come. But you know what fundamentalists are saying right now? They are advising people to buy, that the current drop is simply a correction. Well, many people will make that damn mistake and buy. And they'll lose.

In 2015 I predicted the end of the bull run in NSE 20 Share Index. The very first post in this thread is testament to that. But as always no one listened. The bulls were busy cheering on with the funadmentalists on the leading edge. Well, the index has fallen all the way from over 5000 to now 2300. I don't remember any fundamentalist having the audacity to call all that drop!

Fundamental investors look at fundamentals so when prices go out of whack, they stop/reduce buying or start selling.
I have sold shares/positions in the past when they seemed untenable in light of the prices vs the underlying performance.

BTW, I do not invest in an index but in specific shares/stocks with the top 5 constituting 80%+ and the top 10 would be 95%+.