Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<161162163164165>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
VituVingiSana
#3241 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 1:25:40 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK

This Bank stock fell from a high of 356.44 to 182.40 in wave (A). It then traced a triangle wave (B) i.e the converging trend lines, which amounted to 23.6 % Fibonacci retracement of wave (A) - a common retracement point for B waves.

After completing wave (B) at 224.13 SCBK then promptly fell to 174.30 to form the next wave 1. Wave 2 was then in three waves i.e UP, CONSOLIDATION THEN FINAL UP to 219.41.

SCBK appears to have resumed the downtrend. A move below 174.30 in the coming days will be good confirmation of this.
SCBK will likely drop to 50.00

Whoa! At 50 bob the dividend yield would be beyond juicy assuming no drastic cuts are effected.

50/-? Come, Baby, Come!
Of course, the catch is if the 50/- is as a result of an economic collapse that devastates banks, consumers and the country's economy,
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mnandii
#3242 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 2:12:33 PM

DIAMOND TRUST BANK (DTB K)

From its all time high of 280.00, DTB fell in three wave to 101.80 completing green wave (W). From the wave (W) low DTB then rallied in another three wave formation to 219.70 completing wave (X). From 219.70 DTB then fell to 107.26 in five waves completing blue wave A. I now expect DTB to rally in three waves to the targets shown by the blue trend lines on the right side i.e 159.93, 163.25 or to 176.90 where DTB will find resistance, complete blue wave B then fall off in five waves.

The eventual downward target for DTB is 43.84 where wave (Y) [which will be composed of the blue waves ABC on the right side] will be Fibonacci 1 times of wave (W).

Summary: DTB should stage a weak rally to complete wave B then fall as depicted by the arrows.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#3243 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 2:17:49 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK

This Bank stock fell from a high of 356.44 to 182.40 in wave (A). It then traced a triangle wave (B) i.e the converging trend lines, which amounted to 23.6 % Fibonacci retracement of wave (A) - a common retracement point for B waves.

After completing wave (B) at 224.13 SCBK then promptly fell to 174.30 to form the next wave 1. Wave 2 was then in three waves i.e UP, CONSOLIDATION THEN FINAL UP to 219.41.

SCBK appears to have resumed the downtrend. A move below 174.30 in the coming days will be good confirmation of this.

Whoa! At 50 bob the dividend yield would be beyond juicy assuming no drastic cuts are effected.

50/-? Come, Baby, Come!
Of course, the catch is if the 50/- is as a result of an economic collapse that devastates banks, consumers and the country's economy,

But Pray we are in an economic collapse already.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#3244 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 2:19:39 PM

mnandii wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK

50/-? Come, Baby, Come!

See how Kenyans are now confronting the political leadership boldly and directly? That is the result of negative social mood
mnandii
#3245 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 3:32:23 PM

Applying Elliott waves can sometimes result in unbelievable forecasts. But Elliott Waves is simply the rigorous application of rules and guidelines and you have to then follow where they lead you.

So I am surprised by the forecast I am getting on KENYA AIRWAYS (KQ)

From a top of 18.43 on 20th DEC. 2017 KQ fell in three waves to complete an ABC pattern ending at 1.89. By rules and guidelines of Elliott Waves, three wave moves are usually more than fully retraced by the subsequent wave pattern.

In our case here KQ has found a bottom at 1.89. I now expect KQ to rally to an interim target of 12.90 being the end of blue wave B. An immediate move to 5.5 should be good indication that the rally scenario is playing out. As the pattern stand now, blue wave C is Fibonacci 1 times blue wave A. So I am bullish KQ. The very negative news on KQ should serve as sentiment extreme from whence KQ should rebound. [ Buy when there is blood on the streets]

If on the other hand KQ manages to fall further below 1.35 then there will be no helping it. My Elliott forecast will have been invalidated and I will look to apply an alternate.

whiteowl
#3246 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 4:30:33 PM

@mnandii Thanks for the analysis. I need a huge war chest for this buying season. Its getting hard everyday deciding what value stocks not to buy.
lochaz-index
#3247 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 4:46:26 PM

mnandii wrote:

From its all time high of 280.00, DTB fell in three wave to 101.80 completing green wave (W). From the wave (W) low DTB then rallied in another three wave formation to 219.70 completing wave (X). From 219.70 DTB then fell to 107.26 in five waves completing blue wave A. I now expect DTB to rally in three waves to the targets shown by the blue trend lines on the right side i.e 159.93, 163.25 or to 176.90 where DTB will find resistance, complete blue wave B then fall off in five waves.

The eventual downward target for DTB is 43.84 where wave (Y) [which will be composed of the blue waves ABC on the right side] will be Fibonacci 1 times of wave (W).

Summary: DTB should stage a weak rally to complete wave B then fall as depicted by the arrows.

Expecting more or less the same thing from a fundies perspective. Currently long this one and shorting Equity. @mnandii would you kindly do the equity chart.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
xtina
#3248 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2020 5:04:16 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Expecting more or less the same thing from a fundies perspective. Currently long this one and shorting Equity. @mnandii would you kindly do the equity chart.

yap mnandii, crtoons are much appreciated. share za equity bank tuone. I am glad BAT has such a positive outlook.
mnandii
#3249 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 2:54:30 PM

Let's turn our attention to FTSE NSE KENYA 15 and consider the wave counts from the high point labelled TOP above.

From a top of 247.94 the index traced out an impulsive decline labelled 12345 to a low of 167.46 completing wave (A). The index then rallied in three waves labelled ABC to complete wave (B). The index, currently at 216.18 appears to have started its journey down with the sharp decline since topping at 227.11. This level, 227.11, is our resistance line above which the index should not go for this bearish wave count to remain valid. A move to below 205.23 in the coming days will be good indication that the count has validity.

I expect FTSE NSE 15 to fall with targets of 146.99 or lower at 97.21

We'll be tracking the progress of the counts in real time.
mnandii
#3250 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 3:00:36 PM

xtina wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

yap mnandii, crtoons are much appreciated. share za equity bank tuone. I am glad BAT has such a positive outlook.

Thanks.
Unfortunately I have searched for Equity Bank Chart on www.investing.com but I can't find it. If anybody has a long term chart of Equity Bank showing full data (i.e OPEN HIGH LOW CLOSE) then they can post it here so that I attempt to analyze it using Elliott Waves.

Regards.
mnandii
#3251 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 3:04:07 PM

mnandii wrote:
Applying Elliott waves can sometimes result in unbelievable forecasts. But Elliott Waves is simply the rigorous application of rules and guidelines and you have to then follow where they lead you.

From a top of 18.43 on 20th DEC. 2017 KQ fell in three waves to complete an ABC pattern ending at 1.89. By rules and guidelines of Elliott Waves, three wave moves are usually more than fully retraced by the subsequent wave pattern.

In our case here KQ has found a bottom at 1.89. I now expect KQ to rally to an interim target of 12.90 being the end of blue wave B. An immediate move to 5.5 should be good indication that the rally scenario is playing out. As the pattern stand now, blue wave C is Fibonacci 1 times blue wave A. So I am bullish KQ. The very negative news on KQ should serve as sentiment extreme from whence KQ should rebound. [ Buy when there is blood on the streets]

If on the other hand KQ manages to fall further below 1.35 then there will be no helping it. My Elliott forecast will have been invalidated and I will look to apply an alternate.

Where's @obiero?
mnandii
#3252 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 3:05:59 PM

whiteowl wrote:
@mnandii Thanks for the analysis. I need a huge war chest for this buying season. Its getting hard everyday deciding what value stocks not to buy.

mnandii
#3253 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 3:31:00 PM

CAR AND GENERAL

The data we have of Car and General is from March 2013 from when the share rose from a low of 17.50 to top at 61.91 in three waves here labelled as blue waves ABC.

From the high of 61.91, C & G then fell in five waves labelled here as blue waves 12345. I believe C & G completed a larger Elliott Wave Flat which has now bottomed at 16.49, the wave 5 low.

Accordingly I am now bullish C & G with a Stop Loss at 16.49 and targeting a move to above 61.91. A move to above 29.22 in the coming days will be good indication that this bullish scenario will play out as depicted. The structure of the developing pattern from the low of 16.49 will be key [ideally we want to have five wave impulse move which will indicate the potential for C & G to move higher UP]

We'll keep an eye out and do real time analysis as the pieces of the jigsaw fall in place.
winmak
#3254 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 4:51:20 PM

mnandii wrote:

What timeframe are we looking at to the 12.90?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
whiteowl
#3255 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 5:07:44 PM

mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Where's @obiero?

his plane is about to take off!!
sparkly
#3256 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 5:33:47 PM

@mnandii please do EABL; BAT; NMG and Kengen.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mnandii
#3257 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 5:35:14 PM

WILLIAMSON TEA

Williamson Tea Kenya fell from a high of 434.39 to 122.00 in five waves here labelled as blue waves 12345.

Having completed the five down move I am now bullish on this share. A move to above 166.12 will be good indication that a bull market in Williamson has started. This rally should take Williamson to above 434.39, the previous all time high, in several months to come.

This bullish stance will be rendered null if instead Williamson Tea drops significantly below our Support level of 122.00 in the coming days.
mnandii
#3258 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 5:39:27 PM

winmak wrote:
mnandii wrote:

What timeframe are we looking at to the 12.90?

In about 6 - 8 months time, but don't quote me on time frames. On the other hand six months will be enough time to confirm or negate our bullish view.
Angelica _ann
#3259 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 10:34:33 PM

sparkly wrote:
@mnandii please do EABL; BAT; NMG and Kengen.

BAT iko - post #3237, can't miss that one smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#3260 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 11:17:35 PM

mnandii wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK

50/-? Come, Baby, Come!

Then bring on the 50/-. ASAP. And also the 40s for DTB. Time to buy more while others are crying.
Despite the challenges, I find the management of SCBK and DTB to be above average esp SCBK.
DTB has challenges with NPLs but if I think the shares are "cheap" at 115/- then they are a huge bargain at 50/-.

Caveat: A complete collapse of the economy due to violence (PEV 2008), political turmoil (Venezuela) or economic mismanagement (Zimbabwe) means nothing is too cheap as prices head to zero.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett