rwitre
#3041 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:00:25 AM

mufasa wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:
Is the market looking up, chartists what do you say

Taking positions in anticipation of full year results and dividends in the financial sector and for companies whose FY ended 31 December

SCOM, EQTY, KCB, ICDC taking off.

BRIT, JUB, KEGN on queue

NMG yet to be cleared

Come rally, come!

Applause Applause

Market has been consolidating for the last three months or so. This is after erasing the whole 2017 rally and puncturing the Feb 2017 low of 2789. Generally, I don't expect 2019 to be good for EM/FMs but there are always some exceptions.

The resistance at these 2700 levels has held for a while now. To the point we can start feeling a new social mood kicking in.

Post Dusit attack, Kenyans are beginning to feel more resilient and foreigners are gaining more confidence with our economy. We've overtaken Ethiopia, GDP wise again. The likelihood of them catching up again is not soon.

Handshake is bearing fruit.

Grand corruption cases have gone down... We're now just dealing with thieves of yester-years.

So, yes. A small upward spike is expected.

NMG is that one sheep that keeps going back to the pen when the rest of its pals are being herded out to graze in the morning.

How does it fall to an all-time low of 60 just when the bull is picking up. d'oh! d'oh!

Anyway...we welcome the discount.
mlennyma
#3042 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:29:55 AM

A bull doesn't look like this for those who saw the bull years however it starts small,people argue the second year after elections is usually good for markets
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Angelica _ann
#3043 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:51:40 AM

mlennyma wrote:
A bull doesn't look like this for those who saw the bull years however it starts small,people argue the second year after elections is usually good for markets

the bulls we saw in Kibaki years were real Spanish ones - charged and raged and went back for their brothers. These ones of Jubilee are weak but better than nothing. CC. Equity Drool Drool Drool
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VyaBureSiachi
#3044 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:55:20 AM

rwitre wrote:
mufasa wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:

Taking positions in anticipation of full year results and dividends in the financial sector and for companies whose FY ended 31 December

BRIT, JUB, KEGN on queue

NMG yet to be cleared

Come rally, come!

Applause Applause

Market has been consolidating for the last three months or so. This is after erasing the whole 2017 rally and puncturing the Feb 2017 low of 2789. Generally, I don't expect 2019 to be good for EM/FMs but there are always some exceptions.

The resistance at these 2700 levels has held for a while now. To the point we can start feeling a new social mood kicking in.

Post Dusit attack, Kenyans are beginning to feel more resilient and foreigners are gaining more confidence with our economy. We've overtaken Ethiopia, GDP wise again. The likelihood of them catching up again is not soon.

Grand corruption cases have gone down... We're now just dealing with thieves of yester-years.

NMG is that one sheep that keeps going back to the pen when the rest of its pals are being herded out to graze in the morning.

How does it fall to an all-time low of 60 just when the bull is picking up. d'oh! d'oh!

I think NMG is overvalued in my book. Steady declining earnings over the years, depletion of their reserves, PB of 1.43, PE of 8.7, savage cut in dividend.
I think the only plays here are the dividend rally then you jump out or strap up for the long haul and wait for a buyout(risking massive capital erosion)
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
rwitre
#3045 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 11:36:36 AM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
rwitre wrote:
mufasa wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:

BRIT, JUB, KEGN on queue

NMG yet to be cleared

Come rally, come!

Applause Applause

I think NMG is overvalued in my book. Steady declining earnings over the years, depletion of their reserves, PB of 1.43, PE of 8.7, savage cut in dividend.
I think the only plays here are the dividend rally then you jump out or strap up for the long haul and wait for a buyout(risking massive capital erosion)

Looking at the dividend yield at current price:

DPS 10 - DY 16% (last year's total dividend, but can only be wishful thinking this year)
DPS 7 - DY 11.6% (30% down from last year, but general expectation for FY2018)
DPS 5 - DY 8% (50% down, but if the board suggests anything lower than this there'll be a storm)

So with a DPS of 5 (very drastic cut from last year), Nation Media Group still has a higher dividend yield than nearly every other company on the NSE. Akina Barclays/ABSA are at 8.7%.

So yes, there will be a dividend rally.

mnandii
#3046 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:11:23 PM

NSE 20 Share Index

I see no bottom yet. Don't let the rally fool you. Bottom targets remain sub-2000s. Pole.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Ebenyo
#3047 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:51:39 PM

mnandii wrote:
NSE 20 Share Index

I see no bottom yet. Don't let the rally fool you. Bottom targets remain sub-2000s. Pole.

The chart was for close of business on Friday 18th Jan 2019.

Monday 21 Jan 2019 it closed at 2863.75
Tuesday22nd January 2019 it closed at 2870.73
resistance level at 2700? projected support level at 3000?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#3048 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:29:47 PM

rwitre wrote:
VyaBureSiachi wrote:
rwitre wrote:
mufasa wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:

BRIT, JUB, KEGN on queue

NMG yet to be cleared

Come rally, come!

Applause Applause

Looking at the dividend yield at current price:

DPS 10 - DY 16% (last year's total dividend, but can only be wishful thinking this year)
DPS 7 - DY 11.6% (30% down from last year, but general expectation for FY2018)
DPS 5 - DY 8% (50% down, but if the board suggests anything lower than this there'll be a storm)

So with a DPS of 5 (very drastic cut from last year), Nation Media Group still has a higher dividend yield than nearly every other company on the NSE. Akina Barclays/ABSA are at 8.7%.

So yes, there will be a dividend rally.

It has run out of steam
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mnandii
#3049 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 2:06:00 PM

Stated Sept. 20, 2015

Post Link

mnandii wrote:
Pensions fund probed over Sh10bn revenue loss claim

Quote:
The anti-corruption commission is investigating allegations that at least Sh10 billion in workers’ contributions to the giant National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is at stake following migration to a new information management system.

According to documents seen by Sunday Nation — which have been surrendered to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and the Labour ministry — the amount in question includes unpaid contributions by employers, uncollected penalties and accrued penalties between 1998 and June 2013.

link

Expect to read about more scandals like these. It is sad, but if you depend on your pension to cater for you in your old age, the Sad you better think again.

Pension firms invest in stocks, real estate and other financial assets. With a bear market in all these assets expect them to bleed badly. The government ones are also a cash-cow for the politicians. Pray

Read 'Conquer the Crash' which you should have read yesterday.

Retirees’ cash at risk as NSSF makes costly blunders

Quote:
The sunset years of millions of employees is at risk following investment blunder by the very agency meant to safeguard and grow their nest eggs.

Flagged by the Auditor-General Edward Ouko in his annual general reports, the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) has hit hard ground in projects running into billions of shillings with legal and other barriers occasioned by bad decisions.

The auditor, for example, could not understand why NSSF sold land in November 2011 and only earned a tenth of the sale price without taking any action to get the rest of the money paid.

link
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mlennyma
#3050 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 8:40:14 PM

The big 3,safcom,kcb and equity are charging slowly.centum too .....is the bull here?
lochaz-index
#3051 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:08:25 AM

mlennyma wrote:
The big 3,safcom,kcb and equity are charging slowly.centum too .....is the bull here?

More of a bounce.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Ericsson
#3052 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 8:48:31 AM

No more live price lists on wazua
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
rwitre
#3053 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 9:26:44 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

More of a bounce.

Will rally cautiously as the result season approaches. Then based on what is released we'll either fall back or charge forward full throttle
mlennyma
#3054 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:01:33 AM

rwitre wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

More of a bounce.

Will rally cautiously as the result season approaches. Then based on what is released we'll either fall back or charge forward full throttle

Some stocks have already made a good return for those who bought at bottom if they were to sell....centum 25 kcb...36 equity 33 kenya power 3.10 safcom 22...Nic 22 etc
muandiwambeu
#3055 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:25:32 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Why is that.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Fyatu
#3056 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:40:27 AM

mlennyma wrote:
rwitre wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

More of a bounce.

Some stocks have already made a good return for those who bought at bottom if they were to sell....centum 25 kcb...36 equity 33 kenya power 3.10 safcom 22...Nic 22 etc

You can say that again my brother....also notice that this season there are fewer profit warnings. I dare say the ndegwa is slowly growing into a full bull
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
muandiwambeu
#3057 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 12:53:47 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Why is that.

Definitely,the chart was not so accurate.
Almost got a shocker after checking online platforms. I get bored signing in every now and then, xaxa!!!!🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
My worry over password phishing due to frequent usage became real.
Wazua admin!!!!???
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
sparkly
#3058 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 1:56:45 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Why is that.

Almost got a shocker after checking online platforms. I get bored signing in every now and then, xaxa!!!!🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Wazua admin!!!!???

Btw how does Wazua owners make money from the site?
Life is short. Live passionately.
drogon
#3059 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 2:08:09 PM

sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Why is that.

Wazua admin!!!!???

Of course, google adsense.
I count 3 advertising banners on every page.
mamilli
#3060 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 4:00:11 PM

drogon wrote:
sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Why is that.

Wazua admin!!!!???

Of course, google adsense.
I count 3 advertising banners on every page.

In the CRYpto circles,we use a browser called BRAVE,blocks ads by default but you can enable ads if you wish.By end of Q2 2019,you will be paid to view those ads...pana ng'ang'ana na chrome tu fuaaa smile
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.