wazua Wed, May 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<146147148149150>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
mnandii
#2941 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 9:50:08 AM

The NSE 20 Share Index is falling in wave [c] of Y. Targets for the current bear market are between 1700 - 1370. The 1700 target should also coincide with a touch of the parallel trend channel.

I will give a breakdown of wave [c] later.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
lochaz-index
#2942 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:26:06 AM

mnandii wrote:

The NSE 20 Share Index is falling in wave [c] of Y. Targets for the current bear market are between 1700 - 1370. The 1700 target should also coincide with a touch of the parallel trend channel.

Now we are on the same page. Sub 2000 but above the 2002 bottom of 1000 points.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
wukan
#2943 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:45:47 AM

Let's hope things will unravel quite rapidly a slow bear will skin wazuans alive. Below 2K is regime change scenarios
lochaz-index
#2944 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 3:03:54 PM

wukan wrote:
Let's hope things will unravel quite rapidly a slow bear will skin wazuans alive. Below 2K is regime change scenarios

As much as I would fancy a fast and furious kinda of bear run I highly doubt it will be the scenario this time round. Unless at the very least one of US, Europe or China (with Europe and China being more likely) hits an economic iceberg - next year at the very earliest - this will be a slow and steady decline. Perhaps a small bounce/pause around 2500 then its back to death by a thousand cuts.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mnandii
#2945 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:35:59 PM

mnandii wrote:

Today 20th September the NSE 20 Share Index is at 2858.46
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#2946 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:40:50 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

The 3275 level is holding. Expect upward reversal to above 4110. Once the index exceeds 3400 I'll give targets.

Market broke below the your stated support level. Is this analysis still valid?

Would also like to get your take on KE's social fabric particularly on citizens vs the govt.

I would also want to hear his take. Told him there was no liquidity for 4000 level.

Sorry for late reply. I updated the wave labelling once the 3275s support level didn't hold.
mnandii
#2947 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:47:16 PM

mnandii wrote:

I expect Safcom to continue dropping in circle wave ((iv)) and find support at about 25.00. Thereafter it should rise in wave circled wave ((v)) to above 33.00.

25.00 level reached today 20th September. I expect a bounce to above 33.00 level to complete circled wave ((v)). If the drop continues any further down below 25.00 then it should not touch 21.70 (being the circled wave (((i))) high). NB: Elliott's rule states that a fourth wave should not overlap the wave one.
mnandii
#2948 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:52:40 PM

Updated Safcom chart. I'll give targets for circled wave ((v)) once the market turns bullish and reaches above 30.00.
lochaz-index
#2949 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:21:06 PM

mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:

A mere 69 points difference with the Feb 2017 low. It is worth noting that the EM/FM rout has paused a bit and it was never KE centric to begin with but rather just a contagion of the risk off environment developing. It is scary to think what would become of KE if investors actually turned their lasers to the mess being baked into the fundies and then came to the conclusion that KE assets aren't worth holding.
VituVingiSana
#2950 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:37:34 PM

mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:

I expect Safcom to continue dropping in circle wave ((iv)) and find support at about 25.00. Thereafter it should rise in wave circled wave ((v)) to above 33.00.

25.00 level reached today 20th September. I expect a bounce to above 33.00 level to complete circled wave ((v)). If the drop continues any further down below 25.00 then it should not touch 21.70 (being the circled wave (((i))) high). NB: Elliott's rule states that a fourth wave should not overlap the wave one.
What if it does?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Superprime1
#2951 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:29:44 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:

What if it does?

Good question @VVS! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
mnandii
#2952 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:34:54 AM

Superprime1 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:

What if it does?

Good question @VVS! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If it does overlap then it means that my preferred wave labelling is in error and will require another look.
mnandii
#2953 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:36:34 AM

mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:

mnandii
#2954 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:42:51 AM

NSE 20 SHARE INDEX

Breakdown for wave [c] of Y.

Wave [c] started at the point labelled wave [.b.] (extreme right).So far we have green waves (i) and (ii) complete. Green wave (iii) is in progress and has a target of 2560s (being Fibonacci 2.618 X green wave (i)). Once the target is achieved then I expect the index to go sideways for some time before eventually continuing down.
mnandii
#2955 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:57:57 AM

Venezuela city turned to ghost town after massive migration

Quote:
CARACAS,

Three years ago, asphyxiated by Venezuela's economic meltdown, Francisco Rojas and his wife Elena packed up four suitcases with the barest of essentials and walked out of their Caracas apartment.

It has remained empty ever since.

DESERTED

Toothbrushes are still perched on the bathroom sink, the refrigerator runs with only ice and tomato sauce inside, and the bar is empty except for a lone bottle of rum.

Deserted homes, desolate apartment blocks and stagnant markets for both renters and buyers are yet another disheartening by product of the South American country's dire economic straits, which have prompted a mass exodus.

Quote:
When the couple left Venezuela, they simply locked the doors to the apartment rather than selling it, even though the money would have helped. Bought for $100,000 in 2014, their home had already lost half of its value.

Quote:
Roberto Orta, president of the Metropolitan Chamber of Real Estate in Caracas, says properties have lost 70 to 80 percent of their value over the last five years.

"An apartment that cost $170,000 is worth no more than $70,000 today. Someone offers $50,000 and the owner prefers to leave it locked," real estate broker Carolina Quintero told AFP.

Article Link

Sad

Be careful as the NSE 20 Share Index goes sub 2000s. The Crises that will accompany that fall will be devastating.

As a start buy a Safe and keep your hard cash under the mattress. Avoid debt and divest from the NSE. Be safe.
mnandii
#2956 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 10:12:05 AM

USDKES

I expect the pair to slide down with a target of 99.06 or 97.62s. Thereafter a weakening of the KES to levels above 106.00s . A move above 101.80s will be indication that the weakening of the KES is underway.
wukan
#2957 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 10:54:36 AM

bartum wrote:
wukan wrote:
bartum wrote:
NSE 20 now at 3333,where are headed, will kcb come below 40

Largely depends on the outcome of the cat fight between treasury and the CBK. From what I see in the longer NSE 20 chart 2500 is a possibility to complete the double bottom

I pray day and night we get 2500

@mnandii, thanks for your analysis. I was more of the view of a double bottom at 2500 but it looks like that will be a temporary stop. Sub 2K will really be nasty especially for a generation that grew up in Kibaki boom years.

lochaz-index
#2958 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 11:18:43 AM

Just had a quick look at the finance bill (now law), the implications of the taxes will be devastating:

1. Money velocity is about to go to the dogs. Deflation in earnest really and it won't be kind to any asset class including the NSE.

2. Looks like KE won't be dodging a debt/fiscal crisis.

3. KES devaluation is now almost a certainty, the only question is when.

4. Political and civil upheaval is expected coz the only language treasury understands is increasing taxes. The other half of the 8% VAT will be imposed at the very latest in the 2019/20 budget.

5. Capital gains tax especially on real estate will be increased substantially.
Liv
#2959 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 11:50:27 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Just had a quick look at the finance bill (now law), the implications of the taxes will be devastating:

1. Money velocity is about to go to the dogs. Deflation in earnest really and it won't be kind to any asset class including the NSE.

4. Political and civil upheaval is expected coz the only language treasury understands is increasing taxes. The other half of the 8% VAT will be imposed at the very latest in the 2019/20 budget.

I agree with your conclusion point 1 above based on the new law.

A). How do you come to the other 4 points in your conclusion based on the new law?

B) How does KES devaluation become a certainty in an environment of deflation?

C) conclusion point 4 is just wishful thinking in my view.... It will not happen in Kenya as we are so divided by tribe and we follow our tribal leaders.
lochaz-index
#2960 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 12:48:52 PM

Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

I agree with your conclusion point 1 above based on the new law.

A). How do you come to the other 4 points in your conclusion based on the new law?

B) How does KES devaluation become a certainty in an environment of deflation?

C) conclusion point 4 is just wishful thinking in my view.... It will not happen in Kenya as we are so divided by tribe and we follow our tribal leaders.

Note that the finance bill is only making a bad situation worse, it therefore must be viewed in context. As for your queries I will let reality do the talking...it is a hell of a lot more eloquent. That said, I've expressed my thinking in other threads and I will add that GoK may be forced to sell its stake in some assets (eg safcom) at throw away prices if push comes to shove.