wazua Wed, May 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<143144145146147>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
mnandii
#2881 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:13:13 PM

Lemme make things easy for the unconvinced. What Socionomics implies is that FINANCE and ECONOMICS are two completely separate fields. The tools you use in Finance are NOT the same ones you use in Economics. Economics is governed by Demand and Supply leading to Equilibrium price. In Economics higher prices lead to lower demand and lower prices lead to higher demand. This is a fundamental tenet of economics.

Finance is governed by social mood. In finance higher prices lead to higher demand and lower prices lead to lower demand. This is the complete opposite of what is found in Economics. e.g when the price of a stock rises more people buy in expectation of higher prices unlike in economics where e.g if the price of bread rises then fewer people would demand it.

So do not use the tools in economics to try to forecast financial markets.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
VituVingiSana
#2882 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:45:21 PM

mnandii wrote:
Lemme make things easy for the unconvinced. What Socionomics implies is that FINANCE and ECONOMICS are two completely separate fields. The tools you use in Finance are NOT the same ones you use in Economics. Economics is governed by Demand and Supply leading to Equilibrium price. In Economics higher prices lead to lower demand and lower prices lead to higher demand. This is a fundamental tenet of economics.

Finance is governed by social mood. In finance higher prices lead to higher demand and lower prices lead to lower demand. This is the complete opposite of what is found in Economics. e.g when the price of a stock rises more people buy in expectation of higher prices unlike in economics where e.g if the price of bread rises then fewer people would demand it.

I gotta admit I am baffled.
After the interest rate cap law was passed, the price of most listed banks dropped precipitously.
After my "back of the envelope" calculations, I made a call and bought (demand) more of the banks eg Equity.
When the price of Equity went to 50+, I sold out - for other reasons than just coz the price had reason - and isn't this supply? [I sold Equity but I could have sold KK or KenRe since the gain of 100% was spectacular]

I held onto KK and sold Equity on the basis of the "value" [I saw more value in KK at 16 over Equity at 50] at the time.
I am a long-term shareholder (not a trader) and I advocate (WB as a mentor) buying good firms on the "cheap" but I am not averse to selling if the price is right or overblown to re-invest in a cheaper replacement.

If I get the right price (not 40) for Unga, I will sell and reinvest the funds into something else BUT I (nor do I believe most Wazuans) will buy shares at a crazy high price relative to fundamentals eg EPS, NAV, potential growth, etc.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Mukiri
#2883 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:55:02 PM

mnandii wrote:
Quote:

What you call Socioeconomics in essence is, the fundamental analysis. They are mutually exclusive. If a company's fundamentals flop, it doesn't really matter what TA you come up with, it could be just one marubozu, and case closed. That, and sometimes TA is not picture perfect. When applying it historically, one can force it, however real-time, you need fundies. Fib can give target points, but a break-out is in essence governed by FA

You could do well to point any data that has been forced as you claim. Please note that the data I use I did not generate. Both the price chart and the profit figures are publicly available data. What I have done is to put them in context - which is what Elliott is all about.

Maybe 'force' is a harsh word. I'm also a TA adherent. What I meant is, sometimes different people can come up with different graphs on the same data.. even if the differences are slight.

Either way, to be a successful trader, you need both. You also need to be up to date on news. A TA guy looking down on a FA guy and vise versa is funny. Be two in one

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#2884 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:57:16 PM

mnandii wrote:

This is interesting. Simply put and easy to grasp... but very very interesting. Yes, I can relate to what you've written. So, how do you marry the two?

Proverbs 19:21
mnandii
#2885 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:14:33 AM

Hehe smile

Safcom is falling even after the stellar results! Fundies, how do you explain that?

I stated earlier on that Safcom should fall in circle wave ((iv)) which is what it is doing presently. The bottom should be in place at the range 27 - 24.75 . To respect Elliott's rule of fourth waves (Wave four should not overlap wave one) I don't expect the current fall to reach 21.70, the wave ((i)) top.

Once wave ((iv)) completes, expect a move back up above 33.50. You can as well BUY with your SL at 21.70 and target a move to above 33.50. Since wave 5 is extending Safcom will likely move significantly higher that the last high at 33.50, to likely above 40s.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
obiero
#2886 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:26:55 AM

mnandii wrote:

Hehe smile

Safcom is falling even after the stellar results! Fundies, how do you explain that?

I stated earlier on that Safcom should fall in circle wave ((iv)) which is what it is doing presently. The bottom should be in place at the range 27 - 24.75 . To respect Elliott's rule of fourth waves (Wave four should not overlap wave one) I don't expect the current fall to reach 21.70, the wave ((i)) top.

Once wave ((iv)) completes, expect a move back up above 33.50. You can as well BUY with your SL at 21.70 and target a move to above 33.50. Since wave 5 is extending Safcom will likely move significantly higher that the last high at 33.50, to likely above 40s.

There is massive uncertainty in the Kenyan Telco space at the moment. Safaricom dominance while assured for this brief moment, is under heavy attack

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#2887 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:32:35 AM

mnandii wrote:

Hehe smile

Safcom, IMHO, was overpriced at 33/- based on the expected EBIT (85-89bn). Of course, circumstances may change.

I do believe Safaricom is a formidable firm but I found 33 pricey. I would buy at 22.

Of course, if Charts are the "way" then why share with us ;-) ... You can trade millions. Sterling will offer margin accounts and that could quickly vault you above folks like Kimani (Kakuzi), Adam (many firms), AB Patel (many firms), Ndegwas (NIC, Unga), etc quickly [if you are not already there!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
wukan
#2888 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:27:09 PM

Nairobi 20 decreased 20 points or 0.55% to 3582 on Monday May 14 from 3602 in the previous trading session.

Looks like 3450 will be sliced through...
muandiwambeu
#2889 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:35:13 PM

mnandii wrote:

@mnandii after babas maneno simmered and the so dull a market and a whacky work environment I feel so dull and lost out. How do I convert this negative energy to chums using socialnomics. I believe @obiero can echo this one after kq went mum on is golden card of open offer.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ericsson
#2890 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:45:41 AM

@wukan
Market rout is easing.
Gains are now being seeing in Safaricom and KCB today
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
wukan
#2891 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:02:50 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@wukan
Market rout is easing.

The charts show something else-breaking the trendline. Consolidation area is around the 3000 (+/-250) level
Ericsson
#2892 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:44:34 AM

wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@wukan
Market rout is easing.

The charts show something else-breaking the trendline. Consolidation area is around the 3000 (+/-250) level

Angalia today
wukan
#2893 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:47:41 AM

Ericsson wrote:
wukan wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@wukan
Market rout is easing.

Angalia today

Nairobi 20 decreased 28 points or 0.78% to 3533 on Wednesday May 16 from 3561 in the previous trading session.Liquidity is more important now than company fundamentals. Dollar short squeeze plus strong shilling is punishing the carry trades

I expect PPT to defend the 3450 level. Traders usually follow afternoon sessions not the morning sessions.
Ericsson
#2894 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:34:15 PM

Mumias sugar heading towards 50 cents per share
muandiwambeu
#2895 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:15:04 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Mumias sugar heading towards 50 cents per share

This one gave me a good lesson with my pesa ya Sukuma wiki. Went in at 3.8 on a chase, went up to 4.2 on 3+t. Nose dived to 2.5 by the time I evacuated from Mumias masinga gharika. Ever since I have watched it dance drop it like it's hot. Never be anxious with a troubled firm that has no clear strategy and a firm moat out if it's mess, many example abound kq with @obiero, Mumias with @Hahamaina, HAL with @sparkly, and similarly but inversely kk with @vvs. Always learn and grow your wealth happily.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
mnandii
#2896 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 9:31:01 AM

The NSE 20 Share Index. Though the index is falling, it should find support at 3500 - 3440 or extend further to 3280s (though the 3500 - 3440 is more probable). This is a zigzag formation where waves (a) (b) are complete. The index is now tracing out an impulsive wave (c). Once the bottom of wave (c) is established expect the index to rise above the previous high of 4100
mnandii
#2897 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 9:43:02 AM

mnandii wrote:

The NSE 20 Share Index. Though the index is falling, it should find support at 3500 - 3440 or extend further to 3280s (though the 3500 - 3440 is more probable). This is a zigzag formation where waves (a) (b) are complete. The index is now tracing out an impulsive wave (c). Once the bottom of wave (c) is established expect the index to rise above the previous high of 4100

If you want to view the image better: Right Click on it >View In New Tab
wukan
#2898 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 10:44:13 AM

mnandii wrote:

Pray “In God we trust; but all others must bring data.”
wukan
#2899 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 11:45:13 AM

Nairobi 20 decreased 17 points or 0.49% to 3477 on Monday May 21 from 3494 in the previous trading session.

Time to catch a break?
mnandii
#2900 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 4:36:01 PM

wukan wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Pray “In God we trust; but all others must bring data.”

Index is at 3445 on 22nd May, 2018.