186 Pages«<134135136137138>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
Hobitke
#2701 Posted : Saturday, September 02, 2017 1:29:34 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
the deal wrote:
bartum wrote:
[quote=the deal]Bra I was watching the bull run with envy eyes...now it has come to pick me...no one shall be left behind Applause Applause Applause

so you are entering now

Yep...2 months to cherry pick...[/quote

Foreigners are fleeing the market because of political uncertainty.Sasa wacha sisi locals tutawale kabisa.

Political uncertainities and risk at times crystalise with devastation and total despair. For the sake of unbelieving Tomases lets say syria is burnt, Somalia was berbecued, rwanda was multilated, libya was imasculated...... The list is long and real. Pray, if u like facing mt kenya, do it verily. If u like facing the earth, its the high time u do so. Do something, dont just sit there do something for the sake of countrymen of kenya.

Alarmist much?
muandiwambeu
#2702 Posted : Saturday, September 02, 2017 1:49:16 PM

Hobitke wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
the deal wrote:
bartum wrote:
[quote=the deal]Bra I was watching the bull run with envy eyes...now it has come to pick me...no one shall be left behind Applause Applause Applause

so you are entering now

Yep...2 months to cherry pick...[/quote

Foreigners are fleeing the market because of political uncertainty.Sasa wacha sisi locals tutawale kabisa.

Political uncertainities and risk at times crystalise with devastation and total despair. For the sake of unbelieving Tomases lets say syria is burnt, Somalia was berbecued, rwanda was multilated, libya was imasculated...... The list is long and real. Pray, if u like facing mt kenya, do it verily. If u like facing the earth, its the high time u do so. Do something, dont just sit there do something for the sake of countrymen of kenya.

Alarmist much?

Mbona radar zako azinyiti.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
winston
#2703 Posted : Saturday, September 02, 2017 7:34:11 PM

opportunity lies in adversity...if NSE falls...many of us will be saying Hallelujah!..what an entry opportunity.
Cde Monomotapa
#2704 Posted : Saturday, September 02, 2017 8:55:47 PM

sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:
shobiz wrote:
the deal wrote:
bartum wrote:
the deal wrote:
Bra I was watching the bull run with envy eyes...now it has come to pick me...no one shall be left behind Applause Applause Applause

so you are entering now

Yep...2 months to cherry pick...

Pondering whether to start hunting on Monday...too much blood on the streets! Eyeing the green monster but open to hunt KK and Kengen. What are you eyeing?

SCOM...KK is proving to be recession proof...Total as well...some insurance stocks with less exposure to the NSE...Banking stocks with high dividend yields...Monday is too early to start picking... I want to watch how deep this shake out will be...then BOOM!

Dear elder.. I would front that you wait upto November.. It's easy to loose cash right now

a stock market doesn't like an emotional approach. we are not at war .relax

People are asking if to enter now when we have already eaten Kengen profits of over 70% ytd?

Booking flippers under JAP has been quite a task. 0.7x KQ and 0.85x KPLC are the best I've done. Active management not quite my thing so had to learn that ~ NARC boomers understand.
mlennyma
#2705 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 8:39:41 AM

Panic will continue but at a reduced rate
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#2706 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 8:52:56 AM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:
shobiz wrote:
the deal wrote:
bartum wrote:
the deal wrote:
Bra I was watching the bull run with envy eyes...now it has come to pick me...no one shall be left behind Applause Applause Applause

so you are entering now

Yep...2 months to cherry pick...

Pondering whether to start hunting on Monday...too much blood on the streets! Eyeing the green monster but open to hunt KK and Kengen. What are you eyeing?

SCOM...KK is proving to be recession proof...Total as well...some insurance stocks with less exposure to the NSE...Banking stocks with high dividend yields...Monday is too early to start picking... I want to watch how deep this shake out will be...then BOOM!

Dear elder.. I would front that you wait upto November.. It's easy to loose cash right now

a stock market doesn't like an emotional approach. we are not at war .relax

People are asking if to enter now when we have already eaten Kengen profits of over 70% ytd?

Booking flippers under JAP has been quite a task. 0.7x KQ and 0.85x KPLC are the best I've done. Active management not quite my thing so had to learn that ~ NARC boomers understand.

Congratulations

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
bartum
#2707 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 12:14:45 PM

Is market u again
mlennyma
#2708 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 12:28:34 PM

bartum wrote:
Is market u again

I think the worst politically is coming,
winmak
#2709 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 4:22:44 PM

mlennyma wrote:
bartum wrote:
Is market u again

I think the worst politically is coming,

Fingers on the buying trigger!!!
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
lochaz-index
#2710 Posted : Friday, September 08, 2017 10:02:07 AM

Tier III banks are in a difficult position. Since the risk-return trade off was eliminated by the capping law, the going will be particularly nasty for them. If the situation is not corrected as soon as possible, we could be looking at a potentially catastrophic collapse of the banking sector and the economy as we know it. http://www.businessdaily...86660-dhppr8/index.html
These banks are getting squeezed in all manner of ways with nary a respite in any direction.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Ericsson
#2711 Posted : Friday, September 08, 2017 10:07:01 AM

The earliest the interest rates cap law can be reviewed is next year.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
lochaz-index
#2712 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:45:06 PM

Market is doing a funny seesaw in between 3800-3850 day in day out...looks to be taking a breather before resuming the downleg. October promises to be action packed on many fronts and could be the definitive month as pertains market direction at least in the short-term (till year close).
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
wukan
#2713 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 11:26:24 AM

Watching this credit crunch is most fascinatingsmile smile

Quote:
First, there is an almost complete evaporation of liquidity especially in smaller segments of the banking sector. The number of banks clinging on their licences through emergency injections of liquidity from the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) have increased from what we saw in quarter one.

Quote:
Secondly, a very high number of small banks are operating below minimum capital requirements and are muddling through with elevated non-performing loan levels that are eroding their capital bases and gradually driving some of them towards insolvency.

Quote:
Thirdly, we are now seeing a trend where banks are facing major challenges in terms of ability to operate the legacy model of accepting deposits from the public and lending them to businesses at a profit.When you look at the numbers closely, you will find that nearly ten banks cannot continue operating on the legacy business models because the cost structures are misaligned with revenues. They are not making money from intermediation.

Quote:
When you look at the statistics on cost income ratios, the inescapable conclusion is that the reason many of our banks are still in business is because they have resorted to the easy option of trading in government paper. They are not banks-anymore. They have become traders.
Clearly, the operating environment for the banking sector is slowly deteriorating by the month. Key statistics such as the percentage of non -performing loans to capital, earnings, revenue growth, cost to income ratio and return on capital, point to depressing times for large swathes of our banking sector.

http://www.businessdaily...36872-i1sblqz/index.html
mlennyma
#2714 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 11:49:16 AM

[quote=wukan]Watching this credit crunch is most fascinatingsmile smile

Quote:
First, there is an almost complete evaporation of liquidity especially in smaller segments of the banking sector. The number of banks clinging on their licences through emergency injections of liquidity from the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) have increased from what we saw in quarter one.

Quote:
Secondly, a very high number of small banks are operating below minimum capital requirements and are muddling through with elevated non-performing loan levels that are eroding their capital bases and gradually driving some of them towards insolvency.

Quote:
Thirdly, we are now seeing a trend where banks are facing major challenges in terms of ability to operate the legacy model of accepting deposits from the public and lending them to businesses at a profit.When you look at the numbers closely, you will find that nearly ten banks cannot continue operating on the legacy business models because the cost structures are misaligned with revenues. They are not making money from intermediation.

Quote:
When you look at the statistics on cost income ratios, the inescapable conclusion is that the reason many of our banks are still in business is because they have resorted to the easy option of trading in government paper. They are not banks-anymore. They have become traders.
Clearly, the operating environment for the banking sector is slowly deteriorating by the month. Key statistics such as the percentage of non -performing loans to capital, earnings, revenue growth, cost to income ratio and return on capital, point to depressing times for large swathes of our banking sector.

http://www.businessdaily...6872-i1sblqz/index.html[/quote]
rate cap must go as a mitigation measure in the short-term ,the cbk will find safety in saying we told you.
lochaz-index
#2715 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 6:35:49 PM

wukan wrote:
Watching this credit crunch is most fascinatingsmile smile

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.businessdaily...6872-i1sblqz/index.html

Quote:
It is most likely a reflection of stressed private sector balance sheets in the economy. However, the rate-capping law, has without a doubt- exacerbated the situation. We are witnessing the consequences of the folly of imposing interest rate caps in an environment of high non-performing loans in the banking sector.

The writer got that correct. Interest caps served to make a bad situation worse. However, the real culprit for high interest rates and the mess KE finds itself in is the govt. By introducing the capping regime it passed its cross to the banks and the private sector in general. It doesn't end well from there whichever way you slice it.

Assuming the interest caps are repealed, I expect a crisis on NPLs and liquidity fronts at least in the short term. If they are not repealed by end of 2018, KE is going to have a banking crisis which will force GoK's/parliament's hand in a quick about turn/repealing of the caps. Not pretty either way but the former is the more palatable option.

A short term-long term trade off structurally, fiscally and monetary wise is lurking in the shadows and will have to be dealt with very carefully. To steady the macros, public sector driven growth, the resultant borrowing and heavy taxation has to be dialed down significantly which will help with slimming the twin fiscal and current account deficits. This will afford the private sector some breathing space and thereafter enable it to thrive. Failure to do that will lead the govt into a strait jacket of uncomfortable/painful decisions followed by long term ugly consequences.
obiero
#2716 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:42:56 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Market is doing a funny seesaw in between 3800-3850 day in day out...looks to be taking a breather before resuming the downleg. October promises to be action packed on many fronts and could be the definitive month as pertains market direction at least in the short-term (till year close).

We are now at 3,591 pointing South

mlennyma
#2717 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:56:58 PM

obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

You told us to keep our money in a tier 1 bank and forget the nse
obiero
#2718 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:57:38 PM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

You told us to keep our money in a tier 1 bank and forget the nse

@mlenymma that's exactly what I said, courtesy of the exchange bar.. KCB touched KES 36.5 today, BBK is testing KES 8 per share, COOP now at KES 16.20.. Worse to come

wukan
#2719 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:26:52 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
[quote=wukan]

The writer got that correct. Interest caps served to make a bad situation worse. However, the real culprit for high interest rates and the mess KE finds itself in is the govt. By introducing the capping regime it passed its cross to the banks and the private sector in general. It doesn't end well from there whichever way you slice it.

Assuming the interest caps are repealed, I expect a crisis on NPLs and liquidity fronts at least in the short term. If they are not repealed by end of 2018, KE is going to have a banking crisis which will force GoK's/parliament's hand in a quick about turn/repealing of the caps. Not pretty either way but the former is the more palatable option.

A short term-long term trade off structurally, fiscally and monetary wise is lurking in the shadows and will have to be dealt with very carefully. To steady the macros, public sector driven growth, the resultant borrowing and heavy taxation has to be dialed down significantly which will help with slimming the twin fiscal and current account deficits. This will afford the private sector some breathing space and thereafter enable it to thrive. Failure to do that will lead the govt into a strait jacket of uncomfortable/painful decisions followed by long term ugly consequences.

Applause Applause Applause It's unlikely that KE will slim the fiscal and current account deficits. Elections promises and political trade-offs to buy loyalty in the current contest means the fiscal deficit will get worse, no spending cuts. Our prolonged political contest will soon fatigue foreign capital which finances our current account deficit. Taxation cannot be dialed down not with the upcoming debt commitments. KRA will get more aggressive better get your books in order.

Private sector is about to get very squeezed. Bond yields are on the upward trend. Even if rate cap is repealed the damage done is significant. A sudden sharp rise in interest rates following repeal will squeeze out all the weak hands.

The private sector response will be capital flight. As capital flees the reserves will get depleted the currency will be more vulnerable to speculative attack. Govt will soon have very little room for maneuver. Inflationary finance will be the only way out.
lochaz-index
#2720 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 9:00:29 AM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
[quote=wukan]

Applause Applause Applause It's unlikely that KE will slim the fiscal and current account deficits. Elections promises and political trade-offs to buy loyalty in the current contest means the fiscal deficit will get worse, no spending cuts. Our prolonged political contest will soon fatigue foreign capital which finances our current account deficit. Taxation cannot be dialed down not with the upcoming debt commitments. KRA will get more aggressive better get your books in order.

Private sector is about to get very squeezed. Bond yields are on the upward trend. Even if rate cap is repealed the damage done is significant. A sudden sharp rise in interest rates following repeal will squeeze out all the weak hands.

The private sector response will be capital flight. As capital flees the reserves will get depleted the currency will be more vulnerable to speculative attack. Govt will soon have very little room for maneuver. Inflationary finance will be the only way out.

If bold measures are not taken in the near term KE will find itself in a very sticky situation. That being said, govts have a nasty habit of taking the easy way out... consequences be damned. At this rate, KE could follow Zambia's example and hold a national prayers day for its currency.