Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<122123124125126>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
muandiwambeu
#2461 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:02:58 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
NSE20 closes at 2855. YTD 10.39% in the red i.e. 17 trading days since the year begun!!! This is what happens when you break below a critical psychological level. Despondence phase indeed. Pray Pray

A 20% dip will see the index test 2546.

This bear is no joke, looks like the slow unsure bear is gone. The gloves are off. Those fat tails grow fatter every day

Except Jubilee, BAT, Unga and Bamburi holding their forte.

Safaricon might just bring the desired panic smile

Safcom, the green monster that grew wingsThink Think Think d'oh! d'oh! Anxious Anxious
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
lochaz-index
#2462 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:14:49 AM

Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Yours is a most interesting perspective/view of the happenings in KE, I'll grant you that. For the record, 9/11 happened before the dotcom crash of 2001 not the 2008 GFC. However, the litmus test here is a cause and/or correlation analysis. Correlation is not causation. Some are purely happenstance and in some instances direct relationships flip back and forth into inverse ones. However, it is true that many factors feed the makings of a bull or bear run.

In the case of the US in 2001, I think 9/11 was the trigger(especially on the psychological construct of market participants - mainly retail) not the cause of the crash. Similarly KE has had a bad brush with terrorism since 2011 but the market still had a healthy run from 2012 to 2014 inspite of the bombings. I am not discounting the impact of terrorism but market psche was not fundamentally altered. In both cases, the scale of terrorism falls in the correlation department rather than causation. Upped an ante to a level where investors are downright fearful not only for the well being of the market but also of themselves (civil war kind of scenario) then terrorism would quickly change columns into the causation department.

On the mild recovery of the KE economy in 2016, I disagree. KE has been on a slow but sure grind since 2014 and the worse our debt position becomes the more pronounced KE's problems will become. I am not well versed with TA and the accompanying double bottom calls but there has simply been no economic tail-wind to fan an NSE recovery.

Fact: The dot com crisis started in March 2000 and 911 happened in sept 2001. However that was not my point. When 911 happened the decisions that were made as a result have affected the US economy todate. There are papers written on how 911 has affected their economy as the debt levels rose significantly due to war. The government could not respond effectively to avert or reduce the effects of the 2008 crisis due to that fact.

In our case the 2013 westgate attack and the threats & false alarms that came thereafter brought real fear to the investors. Tourism was brought down to its knees and many would be investors shelved their plans on Kenya. The small terror attacks before 2013 were mostly out of nairobi and did not have much effect. My view is that the terror that was experienced in nairobi, real or imagined between 2013 and early 2015 affected the psyche of investors and resulted in causal (not correlation) adverse effect on the economy and the bear got legs at NSE.

True, the dotcom crash started earlier than 9/11 and crashed 777 points on the material day leading to closure of the market if I remember correctly. As for the US being handicapped by the war on terrorism in combating the vagaries of the 2008 GFC, that is a classic case of the culprit playing victim.

2016 was a relatively uneventful year for KE on the terrorism front yet the market it still dumped 1000 points - with the bulk of the losses coming in H2(post brexit). The losses were almost evenly split between the pre and post interest caps periods. Fast forward to post August, assuming a peaceful election and the market does not respond positively what will you attribute it to?

Safe for other factors coming to play.....I am very confident that if we go through elections successfully without chaos like 2007/8, the economy will look up and NSE bull will come to town. I am investing based on those premises. What do you expect to happen?

I think the economy will continue to stall in 2017 and 2018 and that is assuming we get our act together on time, if not then the bear extends its rampage. The NSE trend has dovetailed with the economy and short of a decoupling event, that will remain so for the near-term. Maybe I am just a contrarian by discounting the impact of the election, but its twist and turns (whether peaceful or not) do not worry me...I expect the bear run to continue regardless. Working theory here being sub 2000.

I have been a buyer and will continue doing so. My only limitation being availability of cash. The target/course of action remains the same; spot value and buy. Buying pegged on hopes of an immediate bull will leave many investors disillusioned.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
muandiwambeu
#2463 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:36:11 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Yours is a most interesting perspective/view of the happenings in KE, I'll grant you that. For the record, 9/11 happened before the dotcom crash of 2001 not the 2008 GFC. However, the litmus test here is a cause and/or correlation analysis. Correlation is not causation. Some are purely happenstance and in some instances direct relationships flip back and forth into inverse ones. However, it is true that many factors feed the makings of a bull or bear run.

In the case of the US in 2001, I think 9/11 was the trigger(especially on the psychological construct of market participants - mainly retail) not the cause of the crash. Similarly KE has had a bad brush with terrorism since 2011 but the market still had a healthy run from 2012 to 2014 inspite of the bombings. I am not discounting the impact of terrorism but market psche was not fundamentally altered. In both cases, the scale of terrorism falls in the correlation department rather than causation. Upped an ante to a level where investors are downright fearful not only for the well being of the market but also of themselves (civil war kind of scenario) then terrorism would quickly change columns into the causation department.

On the mild recovery of the KE economy in 2016, I disagree. KE has been on a slow but sure grind since 2014 and the worse our debt position becomes the more pronounced KE's problems will become. I am not well versed with TA and the accompanying double bottom calls but there has simply been no economic tail-wind to fan an NSE recovery.

Fact: The dot com crisis started in March 2000 and 911 happened in sept 2001. However that was not my point. When 911 happened the decisions that were made as a result have affected the US economy todate. There are papers written on how 911 has affected their economy as the debt levels rose significantly due to war. The government could not respond effectively to avert or reduce the effects of the 2008 crisis due to that fact.

In our case the 2013 westgate attack and the threats & false alarms that came thereafter brought real fear to the investors. Tourism was brought down to its knees and many would be investors shelved their plans on Kenya. The small terror attacks before 2013 were mostly out of nairobi and did not have much effect. My view is that the terror that was experienced in nairobi, real or imagined between 2013 and early 2015 affected the psyche of investors and resulted in causal (not correlation) adverse effect on the economy and the bear got legs at NSE.

True, the dotcom crash started earlier than 9/11 and crashed 777 points on the material day leading to closure of the market if I remember correctly. As for the US being handicapped by the war on terrorism in combating the vagaries of the 2008 GFC, that is a classic case of the culprit playing victim.

2016 was a relatively uneventful year for KE on the terrorism front yet the market it still dumped 1000 points - with the bulk of the losses coming in H2(post brexit). The losses were almost evenly split between the pre and post interest caps periods. Fast forward to post August, assuming a peaceful election and the market does not respond positively what will you attribute it to?

Safe for other factors coming to play.....I am very confident that if we go through elections successfully without chaos like 2007/8, the economy will look up and NSE bull will come to town. I am investing based on those premises. What do you expect to happen?

I think the economy will continue to stall in 2017 and 2018 and that is assuming we get our act together on time, if not then the bear extends its rampage. The NSE trend has dovetailed with the economy and short of a decoupling event, that will remain so for the near-term. Maybe I am just a contrarian by discounting the impact of the election, but its twist and turns (whether peaceful or not) do not worry me...I expect the bear run to continue regardless. Working theory here being sub 2000.

I have been a buyer and will continue doing so. My only limitation being availability of cash. The target/course of action remains the same; spot value and buy. Buying pegged on hopes of an immediate bull will leave many investors disillusioned.

2017 is the year of difficult Keynesian classical economics.
Balancing between drought, dry river beds threatening hydro power generation, kplc and kengen counters in red, balancing between arap mashamba and the tortuous electioneering, mitigating stronger dollars and costly petrol. Even steel balls will fail on this one, better dump steel and get titanium balls to navigate the perilous curves ahead.Pray
sparkly
#2464 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:54:05 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Balancing between drought, dry river beds threatening hydro power generation, kplc and kengen counters in red, balancing between arap mashamba and the tortuous electioneering, mitigating stronger dollars and costly petrol. Even steel balls will fail on this one, better dump steel and get titanium balls to navigate the perilous curves ahead.Pray

A friend said to me, "Hey you need to grow a pair. Grow a pair, Bro." It's when someone calls you weak, but they associate it with a lack of testicles. Which is weird, because testicles are the most sensitive things in the world. If you suddenly just grew a pair, you'd be a lot more vulnerable. If you want to be tough, you should lose a pair. If you want to be real tough, you should grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding

....Sheng Wang
Life is short. Live passionately.
muandiwambeu
#2465 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:21:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

A friend said to me, "Hey you need to grow a pair. Grow a pair, Bro." It's when someone calls you weak, but they associate it with a lack of testicles. Which is weird, because testicles are the most sensitive things in the world. If you suddenly just grew a pair, you'd be a lot more vulnerable. If you want to be tough, you should lose a pair. If you want to be real tough, you should grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding

....Sheng Wang

@Sparkly, wawawawah. Is it how much pounding you can take that counts or how pounding that you gave to break the bernacle that counts. Am lost of words. But either way its gonna be a sensitive year with sensitive affairs.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause Applause Applause
Spikes
#2466 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:27:10 PM

sparkly wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Liv wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

....Sheng Wang

When a fully bearded man with mustache divulges into vulgarity to pass a bitter point know that the bear still looms large.....You haven't yet seen volcanic eruption ...
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Metasploit
#2467 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:09:40 PM

18.20 was proved a resistance for Safaricom..

Bullish candlestick today for the bell weather.Waiting for tomorrow's opening,closing and days high to confirm trend..

Otherwise seems we floored for this cycle

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
hisah
#2468 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:15:32 PM

NSE20 started the week above 2900 and at the rate of losses this week it likely to finish sub 2800 handle tomorrow. Closed at 2824 for the day - losing streaking continues at 11.36% in the red YTD.

The trading pit this week would feel like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyeg6aANcc
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
shiznit
#2469 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:30:46 PM

As we wait for those wings to wilt.

muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
NSE20 closes at 2855. YTD 10.39% in the red i.e. 17 trading days since the year begun!!! This is what happens when you break below a critical psychological level. Despondence phase indeed. Pray Pray

A 20% dip will see the index test 2546.

This bear is no joke, looks like the slow unsure bear is gone. The gloves are off. Those fat tails grow fatter every day

Except Jubilee, BAT, Unga and Bamburi holding their forte.

Safaricon might just bring the desired panic smile

Safcom, the green monster that grew wingsThink Think Think d'oh! d'oh! Anxious Anxious

“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
lochaz-index
#2470 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 5:50:39 PM

Earnings season has kicked off with EABL's half year net profit down 28%. This one was grossly overvalued...waiting to see how much of a beat down is dished out by Mr Market.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
wukan
#2471 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:53:46 PM

[quote=hisah]NSE20 started the week above 2900 and at the rate of losses this week it likely to finish sub 2800 handle tomorrow. Closed at 2824 for the day - losing streaking continues at 11.36% in the red YTD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyeg6aANcc[/quote]

This clip never gets old, the flash crash of 2010. Told ya in another thread this wave will be swift and crushing. Too many traders will be too afraid to put in the trades. Wait for it smile smile
hisah
#2472 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:19:14 PM

wukan wrote:
hisah wrote:
NSE20 started the week above 2900 and at the rate of losses this week it likely to finish sub 2800 handle tomorrow. Closed at 2824 for the day - losing streaking continues at 11.36% in the red YTD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyeg6aANcc

This clip never gets old, the flash crash of 2010. Told ya in another thread this wave will be swift and crushing. Too many traders will be too afraid to put in the trades. Wait for it smile smile

This clip can never go stale smile Replaying that pandemonium is the best example of despondency ulcers central where traders sit on their hands; trading paralysis.

I was of the opinion 3000 would not cave in without a proper fight, but the critical psychological support snapped without putting up a vicious fight! Between 3000 and 2600 is just air-pockets i.e. weak support!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#2473 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:22:09 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Earnings season has kicked off with EABL's half year net profit down 28%. This one was grossly overvalued...waiting to see how much of a beat down is dished out by Mr Market.

Sub 200 handle shortly.
obiero
#2474 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 7:36:51 AM

hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sub 200 handle shortly.

Today it tumbles like a tripping thief in Nairobi streets

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muandiwambeu
#2475 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 9:06:49 AM

obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sub 200 handle shortly.

Let see how this bear mulls on this one. Will the 10% rule apply? @karas, this must have jammed and passed below T.A radars and its going to cause havoc in your city.d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!,
Am placing my orders at 90/= to salvage majerui wa uncle Diego's.
muandiwambeu
#2476 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 12:51:22 PM

This market looks like adjudicator judging a bevy of lined up Barrett performing beauty queens. Its not a surprise to be left in awe when the dance stops.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly d'oh! d'oh!
VituVingiSana
#2477 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 1:14:30 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sub 200 handle shortly.

Let see how this bear mulls on this one. Will the 10% rule apply? @karas, this must have jammed and passed below T.A radars and its going to cause havoc in your city.d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!,

Very heavy buying action on EABL by a foreign buyer. 1mn shares taken out. Demand for another 250k at 220 on the board. [data courtesy myStocks]. I don't know how to post a snapshot.

So no 10% drop today. The foreigners could be buying/thinking long-term.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
hisah
#2478 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 3:45:19 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sub 200 handle shortly.

Very heavy buying action on EABL by a foreign buyer. 1mn shares taken out. Demand for another 250k at 220 on the board. [data courtesy myStocks]. I don't know how to post a snapshot.

So no 10% drop today. The foreigners could be buying/thinking long-term.

Interesting intraday action. Foreigner footprints on the bid side Think
mnandii
#2479 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 5:34:12 PM

mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:

This is the zoomed in plot of the waves depicting a breakdown of blue wave [iii]. It can be seen that red waves (i) (ii) (iii) and (iv) are complete. The market is now tracing out RED wave (v) which is composed of GREEN waves i, ii and a developing wave iii. Wave iii may still have some way to go down before completing then a consolidation in wave iv then resumption of downtrend in green wave v, of red wave (v), of blue wave [iii]. I have added some lines to depict the scenario that I expect to play out for waves iv then v.

The Start of green wave i is where the arrow is pointing at 3291. Green wave i ended at 3105. Therefore:

wave i = (3291 - 3105) = 186 points.

wave ii =(3186 - 3105) = 81 points

Third waves are usually Fibonacci 1.618, twice or 2.618 X wave 1.

Therefore we should expect green wave iii to bottom at following levels:

(3186 - (1.618 X 186)) = 2885 (which has already been surpassed)

(3186 - (2 X 186)) = 2814

(3186 - (2.618 X 186)) = 2699

So now we look to the two levels i.e. 2814 and 2699 as possible ends of green wave iii. When wave iii is in place you should then expect a sideways consolidation in green wave iv before resumption of the downtrend in green wave v.

NSE closed at 2812 today 27th Jan, 2017. Our target was 2814 smile

We should expect a sideways market to complete wave iv.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#2480 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 7:03:40 AM

How Fibonacci Ratios Govern the Stock Market

Scientists speculate that Elliott waves are the stock market's "critical structure"

In the 1930s, Ralph Nelson Elliott observed the Wave Principle in the stock market. Yet his work gained little notice from Wall Street.

In the decades that followed, a handful of analysts and forecasters kept Elliott's work from falling into obscurity.

But in recent decades, scientists re-discovered Elliott.

Consider this 1996 quotation from "Stock Market Crashes, Precursors and Replicas" in France's Journal of Physics:

We speculate that the 'Elliott waves' . . . could be a signature of an underlying critical structure of the stock market.

Robert Prechter put it this way:

Scientific discoveries have established that pattern formation is a fundamental characteristic of complex systems, which include financial markets. Some such systems undergo “punctuated growth,” [or] building fractally into similar patterns of increasing size. This is precisely the type of pattern identified in market movements by R.N. Elliott.

Nature is full of fractals.

Consider branching fractals such as blood vessels or trees: A small tree branch looks like an approximate replica of a big branch, and the big branch looks similar in form to the entire tree.

Now consider that most of nature's fractals are governed by the Fibonacci sequence. It begins with 0 and 1, and each subsequent number is the sum of the previous two: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 and so on. The Fibonacci sequence also governs the number of waves that form in the movement of aggregate stock prices.

Take a look at this figure from the Wall Street classic book, Elliott Wave Principle:

The book notes:

The essential structure of the market generates the complete Fibonacci sequence. The simplest expression of a correction is a straight-line decline. The simplest expression of an impulse is a straight-line advance. A complete cycle is two lines. In the next degree of complexity, the corresponding numbers are 3, 5 and 8. This sequence can be taken to infinity.

Right now, the math of the market reveals a big clue about the trend of stocks.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.