wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<106107108109110>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
hisah
#2141 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 8:14:09 AM

NSE20 silently pops above 3200. The real test will be 3500 where it fell from the cliff to the low at 3123.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
obiero
#2142 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 8:17:53 AM

hisah wrote:
NSE20 silently pops above 3200. The real test will be 3500 where it fell from the cliff to the low at 3123.

Graham's law now in effect

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mnandii
#2143 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 9:21:51 AM

Global Financial crisis is back! The disappointing thing is that if you don't follow Elliott Waves then you don't know the precarious situation you may be in. Next week the markets go haywire!

Just got this email from Elliott Wave International www.elliottwave.com:

Quote:
Matthew,
As I'm writing this, the Dow's down 342 points. Bonds, oil, U.S dollar -- just about every key market is going haywire.

On Wednesday night, our Short Term Update subscribers were prepared for this rout -- thanks to this comment by the editor, Steve Hochberg:
"The stock market appears to be at a key short term juncture.

"If a broad decline is at hand... it must start immediately."
This means that next week, things probably won't go back to the peace-and-quiet we saw this summer.
This is your market "wake-up call."
Today's 320-point sell-off marks the start of the traditionally volatile season.

But you don't need to wait until the market's next move rattles your nerves.

Today, right now, you can join an educated minority of investors who are prepared. Prepared to capitalize on what's next -- or prepared to get out of the way.
Right now, the worst thing you can do is -- nothing.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
snipermnoma
#2144 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 12:26:01 PM

mnandii wrote:
Global Financial crisis is back! The disappointing thing is that if you don't follow Elliott Waves then you don't know the precarious situation you may be in. Next week the markets go haywire!

Quote:
Matthew,
As I'm writing this, the Dow's down 342 points. Bonds, oil, U.S dollar -- just about every key market is going haywire.

On Wednesday night, our Short Term Update subscribers were prepared for this rout -- thanks to this comment by the editor, Steve Hochberg:

This means that next week, things probably won't go back to the peace-and-quiet we saw this summer.
Today's 320-point sell-off marks the start of the traditionally volatile season.

Today, right now, you can join an educated minority of investors who are prepared. Prepared to capitalize on what's next -- or prepared to get out of the way.

With interest rates declining is it not a sign that the bottom for stocks is nigh?
Ericsson
#2145 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 12:28:14 PM

Global stocks sell off continuing today from where they left on Friday.
Oil prices down, dollar up as investors bett on upcoming USA interest rates hike
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mnandii
#2146 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 2:45:34 PM

mnandii wrote:
mnandii wrote:
A Socionomic View of Accidents
At market tops (the height of positive social mood) flying is safer while driving is dangerous.

The elevated social mood creates feelings of inclusionism. Flying requires joint effort with different teams working together to make the event a success. Thus enough attention is directed at safety.

The elevated social mood creates optimism. Optimistic drivers over-speed thus leading to accidents.

In bear markets, social mood is depressed creating feelings of exclusionism (people pulling in different directions). Thus, for flights, this pulling apart precludes paying enough attention to safety measures hence aviation accidents.

Depressed people do not over-speed thus fewer vehicular accidents in a bear market.

Therefore, as this bear matures, ensure you limit frequency of your flying and embark on driving more. smile

Post 1036 on October 15th, 2015

Light aircraft crashes in Ngong

link
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
muandiwambeu
#2147 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 3:06:35 PM

snipermnoma wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Quote:
Matthew,

With interest rates declining is it not a sign that the bottom for stocks is nigh?

unlikely. banks dominates NSE trades and banks under a tight corner leaves NSE majority counters exposed. banks are joined at the hip with t/bills and bonds and systematically obeying the weight under gravity law. as risk averse investors minimise their exposure in banks a few other less risky stocks are likely to exhibit bullish behaviour but all in all NSE currently is exposed and capital flight may dull any possibility of bullish signs.
keenly watching. hope eject and dive buttons are well tuned to respond ASAP TO the violent sideways swings expected.
Not blinking. I need a stronger substance now than before. smile smile smile smile smile smile
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
instinct
#2148 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 8:04:28 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's an interesting point...no one has seen that angle yet. stock market performance and interest rates have an inverse relationship. when bonds hit 7% money will chase equities.

except bank stocks of course d'oh!
maka
#2149 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 9:04:28 PM

instinct wrote:

[/quote]

That's an interesting point...no one has seen that angle yet. stock market performance and interest rates have an inverse relationship. when bonds hit 7% money will chase equities.

except bank stocks of course d'oh! [/quote]

Bonds are not hitting 7% any time soon...we have a long way to go...if I can get a 10 year paper at 13.8% levels,then tuko mbali
possunt quia posse videntur
mnandii
#2150 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:46:53 AM

maka wrote:
instinct wrote:

except bank stocks of course d'oh! [/quote]

Bonds are not hitting 7% any time soon...we have a long way to go...if I can get a 10 year paper at 13.8% levels,then tuko mbali

Shame on you
Those relationships work until they STOP! What I mean is that it is not reliable.
mnandii
#2151 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:52:15 AM

S & P 400
The Real Reason Stocks Just Turned Volatile

It pays to familiarize yourself with classic Elliott wave chart formations

link
mnandii
#2152 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:54:18 AM

As I've maintained, DO NOT be long stocks at this juncture. There is no bottom anywhere in sight.
sparkly
#2153 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:09:28 AM

mnandii wrote:
As I've maintained, DO NOT be long stocks at this juncture. There is no bottom anywhere in sight.

Are you talking of the index or specific stocks? As far as I am concerned some stocks are in basement level while some like Safaricom, EABL are trading at premium and are unlikely to just collapse.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#2154 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:42:05 AM

sparkly wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Are you talking of the index or specific stocks? As far as I am concerned some stocks are in basement level while some like Safaricom, EABL are trading at premium and are unlikely to just collapse.

When Safaricom, BAT, Jubilee, EABL start tanking there shall be nowhere to hide once your portfolio is smoked out!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#2155 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:57:43 AM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mnandii wrote:

When Safaricom, BAT, Jubilee, EABL start tanking there shall be nowhere to hide once your portfolio is smoked out!

Nigeria officially in recession.. Good news for NSE

mlennyma
#2156 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:22:03 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mnandii wrote:

over relying on crude revenue we may be making noise but our economy is more diversified
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#2157 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:13:03 AM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mnandii wrote:

over relying on crude revenue we may be making noise but our economy is more diversified

True. Boko Haram has also not helped.. Plus SA is also on the way down. Kenya is on the way up!

Mangs
#2158 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:25:35 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mnandii wrote:

It all depends whether you are in the market as a trader, speculator or a long term investor. For a long term investor I think the future outlook of a company based on its economic moat is enough to guide your investment behavior; buy less when prices go up, buy more when prices dip as is happening now. Low index levels (NASI, N20I, N25I etc.) do not mean the end of the market; they never have and never will. The market always resuscitates from the bottom and heads north again...and nobody knows where the bottom lies.
wukan
#2159 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 2:54:53 PM

mnandii wrote:

When the Jaws of Death pattern closes on the dow jones it moves all the way to 6000 which is the lower jaw line. NSE front-running
muandiwambeu
#2160 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:48:02 PM

obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:

Graham's law now in effect

this not free market. its moderately regulated n may most likely not obey the law.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....