wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Cost of a swimming pool
newcomer
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:05:35 PM

What is the cost of putting up a standard swimming pool? Can it be constructed by any Engener (Masons who construct for us after learning on the job)
a4architect.com
#2 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 7:58:01 AM

@newcomer, yes it can. All you need are drawings from architect/structural engineer then qs does the costings then you tender the project out to contractors. Swimming pool construction is no rocket science. Its more or less like a large hollow foundation with water proof walls and water pump to recycle/treat the water.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
jaggernaut
#3 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 10:47:18 AM

webish
#4 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 1:03:59 PM

Saw this article that day and thought silently to myself, whether the writers are very well part of Wazua.
I've seen couple of very specific topics being writen after discussion on Wazua. smile

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
a4architect.com
#5 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 5:26:56 PM

check plagiarism as described here by kahawatungu

http://kahawatungu.com/2...-about-ayisi-makatiani/

jaggernaut
#6 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 6:24:55 PM

webish wrote:

Saw this article that day and thought silently to myself, whether the writers are very well part of Wazua.
I've seen couple of very specific topics being writen after discussion on Wazua. smile

True. Like yesterday's standard newspaper's headline about Kibaki shunning his new Mweiga home. The topic has been discussed on ClubSK.
kysse
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:23:50 PM

smile
a4architect.com
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:41:37 AM

i once wrote an article about green roofs on my website then a similar re written story appeared in nation newspapers an hour later.

http://www.a4architect.c...signed-to-become-green/

then one hour later, nation published this

http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/992uwr/-/index.html

what caught my eye was the same picture i had used on my site was the same in the nation article

amorphous
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 6:31:16 PM

a4architect.com wrote:
@newcomer, yes it can. All you need are drawings from architect/structural engineer then qs does the costings then you tender the project out to contractors. Swimming pool construction is no rocket science. Its more or less like a large hollow foundation with water proof walls and water pump to recycle/treat the water.

a4architect, you may not be in Wazoo any more but your posts keep giving over and over and are worth their weight in gold!

I have seen a very beautifully built pool that was basically an open underground water tank. I was shocked to hear that mere KYM fundis did everything, supervised by the owner of course, with no architectural or engineering input whatsoever, yet people are swimming in and enjoying it nywee over a decade after it was built, with no issues whatsoever. I assume a company like Davis and Shirtliff were called in to install the pumping equipment. This might be my next project in my compound Laughing out loudly Enyewe these things are not rocket science even though many may think them to be so.
New Normal!
sqft
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 10:54:05 AM

Just get one of this. It can be assembled or disassembled or relocated at will. It costs about 30k at Game stores.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 12:10:59 PM

sqft wrote:
Just get one of this. It can be assembled or disassembled or relocated at will. It costs about 30k at Game stores.

Nice! I however prefer the permanent kind, like this one. If I can power it by solar that will be a double blessing!

Voi Safari Lodge pool in the bundus.
New Normal!