wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Building your Inhouse - Cloud system
geofreygachie
#1 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 5:52:09 PM

Are you interested in getting an affordable Network Attached Storage using your preexisting infrastructure ?I build linux NAS system at a small fee.There are so many things you can do with this system incluidng but not limited to host an equivalent of 'DROPBOX', P2P downloading,VMs,ARIA2 downloader,Database host,website host e.t.c.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
bird_man
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:49:35 AM

Nice idea & you are definitely skilled.
But as a customer, why would I go for your solution as opposed to DropBox,Google Drive & akina Hostgater for websites?
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
geofreygachie
#3 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 4:24:47 PM

bird_man wrote:
But as a customer, why would I go for your solution as opposed to DropBox,Google Drive & akina Hostgater for websites?

Not everyone trusts the Google, Hostgator or Dropbox to stash their company data with.Though they shout out that there is encryption that is only that ,encryption.This solution offers the client a secure mode of data storage where you manage your SSL certificate,it can also be a LAN only system meaning.For one to use the other system you need a very good internet connection for you to effective use the services.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
webish
#4 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 4:37:52 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
bird_man wrote:

Not everyone trusts the Google, Hostgator or Dropbox to stash their company data with.Though they shout out that there is encryption that is only that ,encryption.This solution offers the client a secure mode of data storage where you manage your SSL certificate,it can also be a LAN only system meaning.For one to use the other system you need a very good internet connection for you to effective use the services.

Definitely, a "privately" hosted solution has many benefits, depending on ones needs..

@geo, What equipment would you use/require?

KR,

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
geofreygachie
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:00:20 PM

webish wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
bird_man wrote:

Definitely, a "privately" hosted solution has many benefits, depending on ones needs..

@geo, What equipment would you use/require?

KR,

An old pentium d /pentium 4 would work.The trick is the number of sata ports.For instance i have one running on optiplex gx620 ,pentium d ,4gb ram,750 gb worth of space.4 sata ports.I recommend getting HP N36L Microserver being sold for 30 k.But if you want to start a small setup a sff pc would work very well.