Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
I need a job with the UN
Lolest!
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:14:48 PM

nakujua wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
omhangla wrote:
Bridge International Academies. If you are a mzungu, your min net salo 1m. others average good pay. but HR is non existent. kienyeji policies. however, good thing you will most likely get a permanent contract after 1 year.

kumbe this thing of racism in pay is in many places. I know an NGO that pays all mzungus consultancy fees of 80k.

Depending with the NGO, most if not all wazungus are considered to be international staff/consultants, and thus they are paid using different standards as opposed to local hires/consultants.
even foreign blacks are usually considered internationals and are paid using different standards - I do not think its an issue to do with racism, that is in most cases.

you will find them doing very little for 80k per day. Most of these orgs are just mzungu's way of stealing from their govt. You work for govt's aid agency and u form your NGO where you pay yourself colossal sums
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Swenani
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:53:57 PM

nakujua wrote:
Swenani wrote:
nakujua wrote:
arkard wrote:
Haiya kumbe. But it still remains one of the best places to start. I just completed my degree in Telecommunications Engineering and have already made 2 unsuccessful applications there.

Its a better place to move to when you have some good years in terms of experience, better still go in as a consultant at least you negotiate the pay - at the starting level utawekwa sijui g7, assistant something whose qualification is just secondary education and trust me moving grades for the junior guys is very hard.

It is not, You will leave that place with zilch additional knowledge.I know some development consulting firms and NGO's that will not hire you if you have worked with any UN entity.

It depends with what you are doing - I am sure our foreign affairs secretary gained some decent knowledge from the UN

Amina didnt join UN as a fresh graduate, she had worked for the government for a very long time.Moreover she has worked at strategic level for UN bodies.( http://www.kenyarep-jp.c...ile-AmbAminaMohamed.pdf )

UN is not the best place to start your career but it is a good way to end your career
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
masukuma
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:07:32 PM

Lolest! wrote:
omhangla wrote:
Bridge International Academies. If you are a mzungu, your min net salo 1m. others average good pay. but HR is non existent. kienyeji policies. however, good thing you will most likely get a permanent contract after 1 year.

kumbe this thing of racism in pay is in many places. I know an NGO that pays all mzungus consultancy fees of 80k.

boss... expats are paid better!! Hata mimi nikisafaria nalipwa vizuri kuliko locals na mimi ni nywele ngumu. USAID consultants have a ceiling of $698.08 a day 6 days a week, if you work in dangerous regions you get a certain percentage on top. the worse the country security wise the better! max is kitu 35%!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Lolest!
#24 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 1:10:50 PM

masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
omhangla wrote:

boss... expats are paid better!! Hata mimi nikisafaria nalipwa vizuri kuliko locals na mimi ni nywele ngumu. USAID consultants have a ceiling of $698.08 a day 6 days a week, if you work in dangerous regions you get a certain percentage on top. the worse the country security wise the better! max is kitu 35%!

The European NGO pays Wakenya kawa Middle class salos but gives the wazungus 80k per day(5days). This is many times the salo of senior wakenya

In addition, some bright chaps working with the aid organisation back in Europe create a company that does other consltancies for the NGO
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
KERUJAMES
#25 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 8:29:39 PM

Ukipata kazi na NGO wewe umetoboa but if you're not that lucky I'd recommend doing business. Well, it might be hard to start but I'm sure if you follow your dream you can make much more in 5 years time than what you'd get in that Ngo JOB.
Do you want a FREE ticket to an upcoming business mentorship meeting? Click on this link, LIKE and leave a comment claiming your FREE TICKET.