FRM2011
#82 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 8:23:40 AM

Mkimwa wrote:
@FRM2011, if you still need to consult - nditika@gmail.com

@mkimwa, thanks bro.

Check your email.
kendata26
#83 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:47:26 AM

Has anyone participated in Truckers Kenya fractional ownership program?

It seems an easy way to participate in the business but there is not a lot of details on how the business works or who the sponsors are. 82% payback in a year looks very high.

"Investors like you place their money with Truckers Kenya for acquisition of assets for use in the transport and construction industries on their behalf. Proceeds from use of the asset(s) is then distributed to the investors on a prorated basis. Proceeds are paid out at an average rate of 82.5% per year. As an example, an investment of 100,000/= translates to a net income of 82,500/= per year"

Truckers Kenya Website
shadowinvestor
#84 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:05:30 PM

Hey, this post might be a tad of topic but still falls in your purview. I am looking for a used 40ft containers, so far quoted prices are around 250k from dealers but maybe you as truck owners might have one lying loosely around or something. i would appreciate if you would assist me.

Cheers
hindi ni riu
#85 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:24:03 PM

kendata26 wrote:

It seems an easy way to participate in the business but there is not a lot of details on how the business works or who the sponsors are. 82% payback in a year looks very high.

"Investors like you place their money with Truckers Kenya for acquisition of assets for use in the transport and construction industries on their behalf. Proceeds from use of the asset(s) is then distributed to the investors on a prorated basis. Proceeds are paid out at an average rate of 82.5% per year. As an example, an investment of 100,000/= translates to a net income of 82,500/= per year"

Truckers Kenya Website

Anyone with experience with these guys?

“Once the last tree is cut and the last river poisoned,you will find you cannot eat your money" Traditional saying.
anasazi
#86 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:36:42 PM

That truckers deal looks fishy. Why don't they take a loan out at 20% and pocket the difference? Kwani ni biashara ama charity?
Form is temporary, class is permanent
Free
#87 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 11:23:17 AM

mawinder wrote:
Any wazuan with information on the process of contracting trucks to DHL,SDV TRANSAMI,G4S the returns and any other important information

Am also in need of the info please provide business or referrals for my truck.

Make: Mitsubishi FH 215
Capacity: 10 Tons
Highsided body open top truck
Brand new, procured from Simba Colt Motors with
Comprehensive commercial insurance cover

Email: assayea@gmail.com
kendata26
#88 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:00:29 PM

Free wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Any wazuan with information on the process of contracting trucks to DHL,SDV TRANSAMI,G4S the returns and any other important information

I like your gumption! You jumped in without a contract. I'm sure your hustling will be successful. Good luck!
The optimist
#89 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 6:21:27 PM

Free wrote:
mawinder wrote:

@Free how is the going so far. Am considering venturing to into this biz.
Jaro
#90 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:47:05 AM

DHL will hardly contract you if you have less than 4trucks. Most people with fewer trucks end up going through brokers who are already contracted. I did this with a Mitsubishi FH, my advice.. Don't even try. Dhl has recent bought its own fleet which of course takes first priority on all jobs. In terms of revenue, you get paid per trip according to the payment schedule. Unilever jobs pay the least, BAT and Medicine jobs pay the most but you have to canvass to get these jobs. If you have a truck and paying off a loan, dhl would be a bad idea.
mawinder
#91 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 11:16:27 AM

Jaro wrote:
DHL will hardly contract you if you have less than 4trucks. Most people with fewer trucks end up going through brokers who are already contracted. I did this with a Mitsubishi FH, my advice.. Don't even try. Dhl has recent bought its own fleet which of course takes first priority on all jobs. In terms of revenue, you get paid per trip according to the payment schedule. Unilever jobs pay the least, BAT and Medicine jobs pay the most but you have to canvass to get these jobs. If you have a truck and paying off a loan, dhl would be a bad idea.

Thanks @jaro. What of SDV TRANSAMI,G4S,BOLLORE AFRICA?
The optimist
#92 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 11:26:13 AM

Jaro wrote:

Thanks @Jaro
Mkimwa
#93 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:15:24 PM

Jaro wrote:

Without a contract (not only DHL), taking a loan for the truck is always a bad idea.. Every week, banks that deal with asset finance, aka NIC, CFC Stanbic, KCB, e.t.c. are always auctioning trucks.

However, if you have a truck, go ahead, borrow and grow the business. Otherwise the banks come calling, or you are forced to take some bad jobs just because you need to give the bank its 200K every month, religiously.

SGR is also coming in 2017, which means that there may be excess capacity soon given the number of new trucks on the roads..
einstein
#94 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:39:05 AM

Hi guys, to all folks who own trucks, especially if you own more than 1 (but not necessary, 1 is ok), please get in touch with me at ernest.g.n (@ the mail service of google). I'm working on a research project, and would like to learn from you and see if the stuff I'm working on can help you earn more revenue/grow your business.
XSK
#95 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 4:37:53 PM

kendata26 wrote:

Truckers Kenya Website

82.5%? Thats a red flag right there.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
target1360
#96 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 5:24:28 PM

XSK wrote:
kendata26 wrote:

Truckers Kenya Website

at 82.5% i d just get bank financing even at 30% at selfishly pocket the 52% without stress

82.5%? Thats a red flag right there.

I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
SKR
#97 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2016 7:53:16 PM

kysse wrote:
The 2 businesses I would consider doing in Kenya are: Warehousing and Long distance trucking.

If you are in serious biz of trucking please put your contacts here. Got customers.

Now you mentioned weighbridge. Why should you as a truck driver accept to carry overweight knowing so well that you will not pass the weighbridge?
Isn't the penalty the driver's cost? because he was too greedy to say no to biz?

Hi. I have 3 trucks 40 footers with a container body on skeleton trailers.
My trucks are fully insured for Goods In Transit and are fitted with tracking devices.
I am interested if you have any work for them.
My e-mail is info@onkarhauliers.com
SKR
#98 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2016 9:37:27 PM

kysse wrote:
The 2 businesses I would consider doing in Kenya are: Warehousing and Long distance trucking.

If you are in serious biz of trucking please put your contacts here. Got customers.

Now you mentioned weighbridge. Why should you as a truck driver accept to carry overweight knowing so well that you will not pass the weighbridge?
Isn't the penalty the driver's cost? because he was too greedy to say no to biz?

Hi. I have 3 trucks 40 footers with a container body on skeleton trailers.
My trucks are fully insured for Goods In Transit and are fitted with tracking devices.
I am interested if you have any work for them.
My e-mail is info@onkarhauliers.com
streetwise
#99 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2016 1:45:49 PM

Just a note . Make some analysis on the effect of Trucking business by SGR.

I.e. Competition in other regions by those who will loose the Mombasa, Nairobi, Malaba etc ( where will this line end).

mawinder
#100 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2016 1:50:27 PM

streetwise wrote:
Just a note . Make some analysis on the effect of Trucking business by SGR.

I.e. Competition in other regions by those who will loose the Mombasa, Nairobi, Malaba etc ( where will this line end).

SGR will offer minimal impact to trucks due to the high rates of freight charges as the inflated cost of the railway has to be factored in and people got to eat in government.Trucks are here to stay!!!!!!!!!!