wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages<12345>»
Just How Big the Universe is
Wakanyugi
#41 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:26:26 PM

masukuma wrote:
Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:

the created can never fully understand The Creator.maybe if you start from there you can answer this question.

what's your point of reference while making such a sweeping statement?

Good question. Even our earthly experience seems to put the lie to this argument. Many children do grow up to understand and even exceed their parents. In fact it is expected by most good parents (creators) that their children 9creations) will do just that.

One of the basic mistakes we make is to assume that the linear principle that holds in three dimensional reality is a Universal law. It is not. The singularly, for one, was/is not linear, not temporal, not even dimensional in any sense.

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
murchr
#42 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:35:28 AM

They sent the rocket to space and landed it back on earth in 10mins......Welcome to the future Wazuans.

Falcon 9 rocket has delivered 11 satellites to low-Earth orbit for ORBCOMM, a leading global provider of Machine-to-Machine communication and Internet of Things solutions. The ORBCOMM launch is targeted for an evening launch from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla.

From 22:00
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#43 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:05:18 AM

murchr wrote:
They sent the rocket to space and landed it back on earth in 10mins......Welcome to the future Wazuans.

Falcon 9 rocket has delivered 11 satellites to low-Earth orbit for ORBCOMM, a leading global provider of Machine-to-Machine communication and Internet of Things solutions. The ORBCOMM launch is targeted for an evening launch from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla.

this will make space transport cheaper! think of air travel where you required a new plane for each trip because you destroyed the other one during travel! it is too expensive... Elon Musk and his team have opened up the future of space travel to many.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#44 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:07:16 AM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:

this will make space transport cheaper! think of air travel where you required a new plane for each trip because you destroyed the other one during travel! it is too expensive... Elon Musk and his team have opened up the future of space travel to many.

Indeed, his dream is coming true
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:56:53 PM

For those interested in space technology, Jason 3 was launched to gather data on ocean temps and sea level. Jason 3 joins the other family of Jason satellites deployed to measure weather phenomenons.

SPACEX wrote:
With this mission, SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket will deliver the Jason-3 satellite to low-Earth orbit for the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), French space agency Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES) and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT). (the instruments that tell you if/when it will rain)

The Jason-3 launch is targeted for a 18:42 UTC launch from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. If all goes as planned, the Jason-3 satellite will be deployed approximately an hour after launch.

This mission also marks an experimental landing of the first stage on the SpaceX drone ship “Just Read the Instructions”. The landing of the first stage is a secondary test objective.

¿
#46 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:05:32 PM

Physicists Detect Gravitational Waves, Proving Einstein Right

Explainer: gravitational waves and why their discovery is such a big deal

Quote:
Now that we know that they exist, the hope is that gravitational waves could open up the door to answering some of the biggest mysteries in science, such as what the majority of the universe is made of. Only 5% of the universe is ordinary matter with 27% being dark matter and the remaining 65% being dark energy, with the latter two being called “dark” as we don’t understand what they are. Gravitational waves may now provide a tool with which to probe these mysteries in a similar way that X-rays and MRI have allowed us to probe the human body.
harrydre
#47 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:06:53 PM

¿ wrote:

Quote:
Now that we know that they exist, the hope is that gravitational waves could open up the door to answering some of the biggest mysteries in science, such as what the majority of the universe is made of. Only 5% of the universe is ordinary matter with 27% being dark matter and the remaining 65% being dark energy, with the latter two being called “dark” as we don’t understand what they are. Gravitational waves may now provide a tool with which to probe these mysteries in a similar way that X-rays and MRI have allowed us to probe the human body.

Been watching "through the Warmhole" and I am loving it very much!!
i.am.back!!!!
tycho
#48 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 9:32:18 PM

harrydre wrote:
¿ wrote:

Quote:

God speaking the language of science and or vice versa.
Wakanyugi
#49 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 10:59:30 PM

tycho wrote:
harrydre wrote:
¿ wrote:

Quote:

I think it vise versa. Modern science trying to speak the language of God.

The Egyptians and Babylonians before them had it right. There was no difference between a Priest and a Scientist. The holder of knowledge was assumed to speak the language of God.

We might just be catching up with our past.

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
masukuma
#50 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 8:42:55 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
tycho wrote:
harrydre wrote:
¿ wrote:

Quote:

The Egyptians and Babylonians before them had it right. There was no difference between a Priest and a Scientist. The holder of knowledge was assumed to speak the language of God.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
¿
#51 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 9:28:07 AM

masukuma wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
tycho wrote:
harrydre wrote:
¿ wrote:

Quote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The Possible Parallel Universe of Dark Matter

smile
tycho
#52 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 10:47:50 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
tycho wrote:
harrydre wrote:
¿ wrote:

Quote:

Or we aren't catching up with anything. Everything has been constant; the same, nothing. If it's a question of metaphors then metaphors simply emerge and have no catching up to do.

It's interesting how thinking about gravitational waves, black holes, singularity, 'multi-verses', quantum mechanics... leads me to the realization that I've been having my existential priorities all wrong, or probably mixed up. Science alas, now more than ever seems to be meeting my innermost spiritual needs and questions.

The wars between belief systems are now obsolete. Philosophy has changed character with the confirmation of the gravitational waves, 'life' has changed dramatically. Especially 'my life'.

ION, it seems one of my beliefs is that the more I talk about myself, my experience, then the more my audience gains or is spurred to act on their own experience. But at least by saying it, I have changed it. Or I have began to change it. I hope you get my drift @Wakanyugi.

Wakanyugi
#53 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 4:09:48 PM

tycho wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
tycho wrote:

Or we aren't catching up with anything. Everything has been constant; the same, nothing. If it's a question of metaphors then metaphors simply emerge and have no catching up to do.

It's interesting how thinking about gravitational waves, black holes, singularity, 'multi-verses', quantum mechanics... leads me to the realization that I've been having my existential priorities all wrong, or probably mixed up. Science alas, now more than ever seems to be meeting my innermost spiritual needs and questions.

The wars between belief systems are now obsolete. Philosophy has changed character with the confirmation of the gravitational waves, 'life' has changed dramatically. Especially 'my life'.

ION, it seems one of my beliefs is that the more I talk about myself, my experience, then the more my audience gains or is spurred to act on their own experience. But at least by saying it, I have changed it. Or I have began to change it. I hope you get my drift @Wakanyugi.

I think I understand Tycho. It has been my experience that the journey to self realization is more of a sloughing off than an adding on. The new looks new but is somehow familiar at the same time.

We likely don't come to Earth to learn new things (in a timeless, space-less, unbound reality, we potentially know everything that can be known) but to experience known things in new ways. This could explain your 'journey back to science' feeling.

You should not be surprised that others are influenced by your own experience. We are all basically mirrors to each other. The best among us are those who seek to create the best mirrors of themselves so that they can reflect the best of the other to her/himself.

By being the best that you can be, you give others permission to become the best that they can be too.

harrydre
#54 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 7:15:35 PM

but these scientists need to explain where that original matter that blew up during the big bang came from! just how far back can they go?
i.am.back!!!!
masukuma
#55 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 7:51:27 PM

harrydre wrote:
but these scientists need to explain where that original matter that blew up during the big bang came from! just how far back can they go?

carefully consider Russell's teapot...
Wakanyugi
#56 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 7:53:03 PM

harrydre wrote:

I am not sure they can explain. The direction Science is taking seems to show that the questions of 'what...' or 'where...' are simply not answerable, unless as theoretical postulates, in a universe where none of the things we take for granted seem real. A sample:

- String theory - the basic nature of reality is not particles or waves but strings, whose vibration creates the patterns we perceive as objects...
- The Universe as a hologram - none of the things we perceive are real. They are projections of....
- Quantum theory - time does not exist, neither does space, nor particles/waves etc unless you 'the observer decrees it so' (you create your own reality)

And now we have gravity waves. Remember that gravity is not a 'thing' according to Einstein but the effect of space/time curving in the presence of mass or acceleration. So what exactly did LIGO see?

Illusion upon illusion. Is it any wonder that the language of Scientists is sounding increasingly religious?
¿
#57 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 9:44:16 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
harrydre wrote:

I am not sure they can explain. The direction Science is taking seems to show that the questions of 'what...' or 'where...' are simply not answerable, unless as theoretical postulates, in a universe where none of the things we take for granted seem real. A sample:

- String theory - the basic nature of reality is not particles or waves but strings, whose vibration creates the patterns we perceive as objects...
- The Universe as a hologram - none of the things we perceive are real. They are projections of....
- Quantum theory - time does not exist, neither does space, nor particles/waves etc unless you 'the observer decrees it so' (you create your own reality)

And now we have gravity waves. Remember that gravity is not a 'thing' according to Einstein but the effect of space/time curving in the presence of mass or acceleration. So what exactly did LIGO see?

Illusion upon illusion. Is it any wonder that the language of Scientists is sounding increasingly religious?

If they are answerable, then big science would likely determine if and when we get the answers.
Anti_Burglar
#58 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:03:06 PM

¿ wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
harrydre wrote:

If they are answerable, then big science would likely determine if and when we get the answers.

Big science does not exist. If it did it would answer that.
¿
#59 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:24:48 PM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
¿ wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Big science does not exist. If it did it would answer that.

Big Science - It does 'exist'.

They don't have to answer anything when theories and the narratives built around them can be taken as truth.
tycho
#60 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:17:41 AM

harrydre wrote:

You are asking where for example, a black hole comes from. The answer I have is; from another black hole. In the beginning there's 'singularity' and so is the end also 'singularity'.

Explanation is about 'multiplicity' a comparison of symbols and metaphor; singularity is beyond explanation.

'Big science', can only get to equal 'singularity'. It can't go beyond it.