wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<1112131415>»
Just How Big the Universe is
tycho
#241 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 8:37:59 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
It is quite interesting to 'listen' to non-scientists discussing science & scientists....making comments like "scientists believe that..." forgetting that science is not about belief but evidence.

Many years ago, we used to joke that no real scientist uses what social scientists call 'scientific method'. It was a joke, so don't hang me with it!

The evidence that science has provided is that nothing is certain and anything is possible. And what we gather as evidence is what is politically decided and needed.

Science, appears to be something grossly hyped and misunderstood.

masukuma
#242 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 3:37:56 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
It is quite interesting to 'listen' to non-scientists discussing science & scientists....making comments like "scientists believe that..." forgetting that science is not about belief but evidence.

Today's evidence is tomorrows lie. Even the 'proven' speed of light seems to be in doubt.

Surely it would not hurt you scientists to be humble, seeing as how many of your words you have had to chew over the ages.

AND THAT MY FRIEND IS WHAT DISTINGUISHES SCIENCES FROM THE B.S. YOU GUYS ARE PEDDLING - The ability to eat words and not feel like egos were hurt or life as we know it has come to an and.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#243 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 4:12:03 PM

masukuma wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Today's evidence is tomorrows lie. Even the 'proven' speed of light seems to be in doubt.

Surely it would not hurt you scientists to be humble, seeing as how many of your words you have had to chew over the ages.

AND THAT MY FRIEND IS WHAT DISTINGUISHES SCIENCES FROM THE B.S. YOU GUYS ARE PEDDLING - The ability to eat words and not feel like egos were hurt or life as we know it has come to an and.

Interesting response from an indifferent/disinterested ego...
masukuma
#244 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 9:56:28 PM

tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

i am chewing my words... can you do that? i don't profess absolute knowledge and gave up looking for a coherent theory for all things. i am not afraid to be wrong or to change my mind. i would happily change my mind tomorrow on something i professed today. i trust my future "me" is brighter than my current "me'. today i am anti-B.S. labda kesho i will be pro it... who knows? but for today... i will aptly call B.S it's proper name and this whole thread is full of mystic B.S.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#245 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2016 3:35:36 AM

masukuma wrote:
tycho wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

i am chewing my words... can you do that? i don't profess absolute knowledge and gave up looking for a coherent theory for all things. i am not afraid to be wrong or to change my mind. i would happily change my mind tomorrow on something i professed today. i trust my future "me" is brighter than my current "me'. today i am anti-B.S. labda kesho i will be pro it... who knows? but for today... i will aptly call B.S it's proper name and this whole thread is full of mystic B.S.

If 'chewing words' is changing an outlook or an idea that no longer fits my experience or reasoning, then by now I should be a very fat man- assuming the chewing goes with swallowing.

But I don't put a premium on words as such. Neither do I believe in a brighter future nor a dull present. I don't even trust that my ego can correctly identify 'BS' and neither do I believe I should hold on to my ego. In fact, most of my effort is directed at removing or reducing my ego to nothing.

Frankly I don't understand where all this sudden tirade from you is coming from. I suspect a 'misunderstanding'. And since you have a negative attitude towards the thread and the mystics in it I guess the best way for me to respond is to acknowledge your response and wait to see if a brighter you can shed some light on what's really going on here.

My only hope is that your aversion doesn't necessarily amount to a gag order.
tycho
#246 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2016 9:21:46 AM

Reading through mathematical philosophy, and starting at the primitive ideas and propositions of Peano and Frege, I've had this hunch that most creation myths and indeed most myths are rooted on number theory. Space time is implied in mathematical relations.

If mathematics be both objective and absolute as I'm currently believing, and all or most mythology is mathematical, then all mythology is true. Even when not proven physically.

I think my life has just been invigorated by the idea of embarking on investigation along these lines because it could shed light on humanity's place and responsibility in the universe. Nay, just when my life was turning blasé a welcome twist to keep my head up for some next number of years.

harrydre
#247 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:13:59 AM

Wazua Cocoon
#248 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:28:56 PM

harrydre
#249 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 8:22:45 PM

Juno has arrived!!
i.am.back!!!!
murchr
#250 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 8:29:40 PM

harrydre wrote:

I hope we get pictures...this should be interesting
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
enyands
#251 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 9:19:35 PM

murchr wrote:
harrydre wrote:

There are some countries that were blessed with brains and resources jameni. Over 1b dollars project ?and it waz launched 5 years ago?wow .what did we Africans do wrong to God surely ?
Angelica _ann
#252 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 9:21:38 PM

enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
harrydre wrote:

There are some countries that were blessed with brains and resources jameni. Over 1b dollars project ?and it waz launched 5 years ago?wow .what did we Africans do wrong to God surely ?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Taurrus
#253 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 10:15:20 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Wacha kwanza tupange vile tutavote 2022!Sad
Tokyo
#254 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2016 4:28:38 AM

enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
harrydre wrote:

We are still evolving. It's a process which your Sunday school teacher don't understand
work to prosper
enyands
#255 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2016 5:36:56 AM

Taurrus wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Wacha kwanza tupange vile tutavote 2022!Sad

During them days black people ruled the world .they travelled alot. That's the reason why even when you go to Alaska you will find droplets of black people there and no one knows their origin . We were traders , business people till when the white came in. We were pushed to the corners of continents where some of us got betrayed and killed because of diseases and decline in resources . If you go to Guinea Papua you will find a good number of us there ,if you go to India there is an area exclusively with Africans who don't know how they found themselves there .the world first university was in Mali Timbumktu currently we have the worst universities in the world . So God ,where did we wrong you down along the road.

evidence for existence of black people civilization
Ash Ock
#256 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:49:57 PM

harrydre
#257 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:47:19 AM

oh vanity vanity
i.am.back!!!!
T-Bag
#258 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 12:14:10 PM

Loving this probability!
German Scientists Prove There is Life After Death
http://worldnewsdailyrep...ere-is-life-after-death/