wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Kenya Should Ban Bitcoins As Well
mic_mic
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2015 7:09:44 PM

Please, before proclaiming bitcoins should be banned, go and do some research before rushing to wild claims.

Yes,bitcoins price may fall to $100, but that says nothing. It has fallen before, and went back again. Saying it will fall to $100, is saying nothing. Markets move in cycles, sometimes UP and sometimes DOWN. Bear, Bull. If you are smart, you will BUY when it dips in price because it is the most UNDER valued asset.

Bitcoin is a scarce digital asset that can be used as money/currency and is inseparable from its decentralized network - the blockchain. It is nothing like you have ever seen,so, I am not surprised many of you here do not understand it, or are out rightly confused.

BITCOIN TRADERS KENYA Whatsapp group +254 705 299 429
T-Bag
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:32:42 PM

BTCUSD 17,000
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
Mukiri
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:23:11 PM

hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
mnunuzi wrote:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-10/bitcoin-flash-crashes-drops-80-seconds

Just had a look at the bitcoin 5yr chart.

SMH... Many guys will be caught naked. Two upthrust in 2013 (Apr and Dec) indicate that the price will nosedive below 100 handle. It seems incredible right now, but this is coming! And it will be one mighty fall...

Whoa! When I made this observation on BTC back in Feb 14 2014 the price was @423. Currently it's trading @241. I still maintain the observation that it will head towards 100.

Hi Hisah. When new to stocks I was such a devotee of yours. Cracks began to show with ARM. The above was the nail in the coffin.

However, I do believe you to be a sharp mind, when unbiased. Will there be a 'bubble' burst? Yes. But I believe we have abit of time before we get there

Proverbs 19:21
whiteowl
#24 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 5:43:22 PM

How do you ban a currency that's not controlled by any central bank?Laughing out loudly
Swenani
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:44:26 AM

whiteowl wrote:
How do you ban a currency that's not controlled by any central bank?Laughing out loudly

BTC enthusiasts have failed to answer me one question. Is BTC;
1. a payment system like Mpesa, visa, etc
2. A currency like USD, KES,
3. Investment product like stocks
5. Property like land, gold etc?

What is BTC and why is the value of BTC skyrocketing this much?

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
maka
#26 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 11:24:45 AM

Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

I dont know about BTC... What I do know about is Ripple and I have in the last few weeks studied extensively on it... when i brought it up on the other thread it was at 0.24 its currently at 0.75 it will hit 10 USD plus on the future... Its usage makes more use as compared to the others...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(payment_protocol)

possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#27 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 11:54:30 AM

Speculz
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 9:22:34 AM

maka wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ripplecoinnews.com/ripple-xrp-price-predictions/amp

Are you buying? If yes, from iqoption?
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
maka
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 12:05:25 PM

Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ripplecoinnews.com/ripple-xrp-price-predictions/amp

Yes...
possunt quia posse videntur
Mukiri
#30 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 4:44:10 PM

Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

Answers the way I see it

1. Eventually. With the advent of Atomic swaps, exchange of money will be peer to peer, bypassing the need for exchanges. Ask yourself, what is money? Your 100, 1000 shillings, what is it really? Its only an accounting system that says you have so many units of something that someone else does or doesn't have

2. Yes. Eventually it will be 'Money'. Just like cowrie shells were, once mass adoption takes place. Slow but sure we'll get there. Currently there are countries you can pay tax and fines in BTC, you can buy cars and other goods from Japan in BTC. Other goods and service providers also accept crypto.

3. Yes. We are currently here. Its all about acceptance and capital injection. The more the acceptance the higher the price becomes. Forces of demand and supply. When things settle down, status quo might or might not remain

4. Your number 4 has a problem, no?

5. Maybe, maybe not. BTC is very volatile. Today worth one thing, tomorrow another. As a store of value, you'd be taking quite the risk

Mukiri
#31 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 4:46:01 PM

Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:

Just get into an exchange and buy. Or send me your details and I'll buy and transfer them to you. If I were you, I'd go for the former, just so you become independent

wukan
#32 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:02:20 PM

Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

BTC is a payment system much like Mpesa but differs in two areas:-

1. BTC is decentralized-unlike mpesa which is centralized by the cellular network it can therefore be shut down by govt but BTC is not under control of govt authority so it can't be raided by govt. If a govt put in capital control to stop forex leaving a country you can use BTC to avoid the capital controls and transfer your capital out of the country.

2. BTC is deflationary-the amounts of BTC is fixed to 21 million so it becomes like electronic gold limited in supply therefore people use it to store value which is the reason for the 'skyrocketing'. If it is a store of value then you can use it as a currency to exchange goods and services. Kenyans before mpesa were using airtime as a quasi-currency so during 2008 PEV airtime was more exchanging beyond its intrinsic value so 100 airtime could sell for 250.

3. BTC was conceived after the 2008 global financial crisis when fiat currency(debt backed) was facing a crisis. To get out of the GFC and to stop deflation central banks decided to inflate using QE. BTC skyrocketing is being seen as hyper-inflationary collapse of fiat currency.

Lastly @swenani in behavioral-economics you learn to see things as they are happening not as they should happen in theory. You missed this point with the GDP during brexit remember how you were long instead of going short. You must stay ahead of the curve.
Spikes
#33 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 3:13:35 PM

http://www.businessdaily...2872-5mgmvrz/index.html

This news could be a recipe for a fresh rally!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
marko
#34 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 6:58:19 PM

Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/France-seeks-bitcoin-regulation-debate-at-G20/539546-4232872-5mgmvrz/index.html

I wonder how they will seek to regulate it.
WHO DARES WINS
Mukiri
#35 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 4:04:33 PM

marko wrote:
Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/France-seeks-bitcoin-regulation-debate-at-G20/539546-4232872-5mgmvrz/index.html

I wonder how they will seek to regulate it.

Same way China has. The world should regulate it. Regulation doesn't mean stifling it. Watch the arguments in the federal hearings in 2014. There alot of cowboys out there.

Swenani
#36 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:26:22 PM

wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

1. BTC is decentralized-unlike mpesa which is centralized by the cellular network it can therefore be shut down by govt but BTC is not under control of govt authority so it can't be raided by govt. If a govt put in capital control to stop forex leaving a country you can use BTC to avoid the capital controls and transfer your capital out of the country.

2. BTC is deflationary-the amounts of BTC is fixed to 21 million so it becomes like electronic gold limited in supply therefore people use it to store value which is the reason for the 'skyrocketing'. If it is a store of value then you can use it as a currency to exchange goods and services. Kenyans before mpesa were using airtime as a quasi-currency so during 2008 PEV airtime was more exchanging beyond its intrinsic value so 100 airtime could sell for 250.

3. BTC was conceived after the 2008 global financial crisis when fiat currency(debt backed) was facing a crisis. To get out of the GFC and to stop deflation central banks decided to inflate using QE. BTC skyrocketing is being seen as hyper-inflationary collapse of fiat currency.

Lastly @swenani in behavioral-economics you learn to see things as they are happening not as they should happen in theory. You missed this point with the GDP during brexit remember how you were long instead of going short. You must stay ahead of the curve.

If it's payment system, why is it valued? What does a 1 BTC imply? Why does it keep on fluctuating in price/value.

If it's a payment system, what are people mining? Of what value would it help you to get a historical transaction trail of a currency? Do you usually check the historical transaction trail of the notes you have?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
karasinga
#37 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:43:14 PM

Swenani wrote:
wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

If it's payment system, why is it valued? What does a 1 BTC imply? Why does it keep on fluctuating in price/value.

If it's a payment system, what are people mining? Of what value would it help you to get a historical transaction trail of a currency? Do you usually check the historical transaction trail of the notes you have?

hey read this, its easy and accessible even though the ideas are old bitcoin pdf
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
Spikes
#38 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 10:29:27 PM

Swenani wrote:
wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

Good questions to provoke deeper thoughts on crypotcurrency. Thumbs up though!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
alma1
#39 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:45:21 PM

Spikes wrote:
Swenani wrote:
wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

Good questions to provoke deeper thoughts on crypotcurrency. Thumbs up though!

Everytime Kenyans talk about Bitcoins, it reminds me of a pyramid scheme I started years ago.

Nyinyi kaeni hapo na bitcoin. The day it shall threaten Donald Trump, mtafunga hiyo kasheshe.

I have 20 bitcoins. I was paid by some mutherf***er who couldn't pay his bill. I can assure you. I'm not telling my kids that they are millionaires. Simply because I know it is bullshit and I shall never get that money. It is somewhere in a block something. It was in 2011. 3 years after madoff.

It was after Enron. Like the way Obiero love KQ and everyone loved Uchumi. My fren, shit happens.

It was a time after people had lost hope in companies. Perfect time for scammers. Listen...You can mine as much as you wish. You can buy as many as you wish. But this road is a road that has been travelled before. A currency that depends on fear, and hope. Where's DECI?

Then they use words like Crypto..Mutherf***er you shall be hacked. Then they say it's the real currency. Listen, currency is. If I have 5 chicken, you can agree to give me a goat. This one, is about the hope, that one day, every human being shall dump a dollar...HOPE..That's not currency, that's hope and another pyramid scheme.

Wacha mimi nijaribu kununua kabroti with my 5 bob kenyan shilling. Hii ingine, I leave to the IT fellas.

Ujinga mamabo leo. Can you go farm please? Wheat farmers in Narok have horny malayas every year. Na wewe uko hapo na bitcoin mamayako.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

ayushnehra
#40 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 2:09:39 AM

wukan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

My friend @wukan. Come on man show some seriousness, you put alot of words there meaning you must know something, don't just hot air things like Trump.

1. No BTC is NOT a payment system, it is only bitCOIN/CryptoCURRENCY. Don't complicate things. It is all but the digital currency that is an alternative of existing hard cash. in addition, it has technology that it works with that is effective for transparency. NO it is not like Mpesa it is like Kenyan Shillings.

2. Just like KES are exchanged/transferred/stored using Mpesa/Bank Accounts etc Bitcoin(and other cryptos) are exchanged using Exchanges/Platforms, and is stored in Digital Wallets/Vaults an alternative to Bank Accounts and your personal wallet.

3. As you said only 21,000,000 will be existant therefore it will not be scalable, the value might rise but in all will remain a commodity.If any Investment it is simply like the Forex market, hence it is traded versus another currency and has a value. Just like 1 USD = 103 KES, 1 BTC = 1X,XXX USD. So yes it can be traded and invested (and profited) in like any other currency. If one would assume holding USD cash as an asset then hey it can be considered as an alternative to gold but that depends on your individual perspective.

On a more personal note, I definitely agree that Kenyans should embrace the whole Bitcoin if you are willing to Risk why not, each to their own.

Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam