#121 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 5:46:18 PM

murchr wrote:
Nairobi, Mombasa bado

Drool Drool Drool
WHO DARES WINS
hardwood
#122 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 10:21:31 AM

murchr wrote:
Another day to watch March 10. I think it will be foolish to imagine that the weather forecast is only important for farmers. Those met guys should be giving that 7 or 10 day forecast everyday now that they have a twitter and facebook account. Just as farmers need to know when to plant, travellers need to know how and if they should travel etc. So March 10 is forecasted to be another rainy night in Nairobi. If you are a farmer mbegu I kuwe chini on that day you will not regret.

But accuweather says march 10 will be sunny, the sunniest day of the week?
hardwood
#123 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 10:27:54 AM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Accuweather beats met department hands down! Applause

Also beat @hardwood & @ Julie wa Guka smile

Nope. I am not wrong. So have farmers planted now that it has rained?

These are just the early rains that occur for a few days then stop before the real rains begins. They are what Mugabe and zimbabweans call gukurahundi i.e "the early rain which washes away the chaff before the spring rains".

The met dept AGREES with me that these are just "gukurahundi rains" and that the long rains have not started but will begin towards end of march. They have advised farmers not to rush to plant because the long rains are yet to come.

https://www.the-star.co....l-not-last-met_c1723690

Quote:
The current heavy rains will begin to wane on Tuesday, with temperatures expected to rise again to highs of 30°C in Nairobi next week.
However, the weatherman cautioned farmers against rushing to plant food crops. He said these rains will reduce on Tuesday and most parts of the country will be dry on Wednesday.

He said these are not the long rains, which are still predicted to start end of March in most places. Ambenje advised farmers to consult their local extension workers to know when to plant.
Much Know
#124 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 10:37:48 AM

hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Accuweather beats met department hands down! Applause

Also beat @hardwood & @ Julie wa Guka smile

These are just the early rains that occur for a few days then stop before the real rains begins. They are what Mugabe and zimbabweans call gukurahundi i.e "the early rain which washes away the chaff before the spring rains".

The met dept AGREES with me that these are just "gukurahundi rains" and that the long rains have not started but will begin towards end of march. They have advised farmers not to rush to plant because the long rains are yet to come.

https://www.the-star.co....l-not-last-met_c1723690

Quote:
The current heavy rains will begin to wane on Tuesday, with temperatures expected to rise again to highs of 30°C in Nairobi next week.
However, the weatherman cautioned farmers against rushing to plant food crops. He said these rains will reduce on Tuesday and most parts of the country will be dry on Wednesday.

He said these are not the long rains, which are still predicted to start end of March in most places. Ambenje advised farmers to consult their local extension workers to know when to plant.

Shame on you Why are you all saying this after, you should have told us this earlier, no thanks, i also know about the light showers, all farmers know, and they use them for pre-germination, so the met is continuing to mis-advise farmers, they should leave agriculture to agriculturist and tell us about the weather forecast accurately and not yesterdays weather.
A New Kenya
murchr
#125 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2018 10:01:01 PM

hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
Another day to watch March 10. I think it will be foolish to imagine that the weather forecast is only important for farmers. Those met guys should be giving that 7 or 10 day forecast everyday now that they have a twitter and facebook account. Just as farmers need to know when to plant, travellers need to know how and if they should travel etc. So March 10 is forecasted to be another rainy night in Nairobi. If you are a farmer mbegu I kuwe chini on that day you will not regret.

But accuweather says march 10 will be sunny, the sunniest day of the week?

Am not only looking at Accuweather.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#126 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2018 5:26:07 PM

In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Euge
#127 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2018 8:51:57 PM

Accuweather is great. I check it out for all reasons - out of curiosity, if I will be out about as opposed to sitting in the office all day I check to decide whether my car should be washed
Lord, thank you!
murchr
#128 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2018 10:04:23 PM

Revised

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#129 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2018 5:09:28 PM

Ati mlisema hii mvua inaitwa nini tena? Another round of rains announced

kawi254
#130 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:31:03 PM

murchr wrote:

hardwood wrote:

The early rains have been a much welcome pleasant surprise to farmers and where i farm farmers have already planted. Whilst @KenyaMetService have been accurate of late i bet they can't see that much into the future as they had predicted the rains will not last and advised farmers not to plant yet (I think climate change is real; one day the winds are blowing from East, next day from W, and then North the day after.) . I hope and pray that the rains continue into April, May and June and it will be a good year for Kenya with less food imports hence saving forex.

#131 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:23:23 PM

Let's see what Sonko has been preparing for us for the last 6 months.

BBI will solve it
:)
Mukiri
#132 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 8:48:18 PM

kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

hardwood wrote:

The early rains have been a much welcome pleasant surprise to farmers and where i farm farmers have already planted. Whilst @KenyaMetService have been accurate of late i bet they can't see that much into the future as they had predicted the rains will not last and advised farmers not to plant yet (I think climate change is real; one day the winds are blowing from East, next day from W, and then North the day after.) . I hope and pray that the rains continue into April, May and June and it will be a good year for Kenya with less food imports hence saving forex.

They gave an advisory not too long ago, that never came to pass. I'd take them with a pinch of salt

Proverbs 19:21
murchr
#133 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:43:00 PM

Mukiri wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

hardwood wrote:

They gave an advisory not too long ago, that never came to pass. I'd take them with a pinch of salt

Where is this that you live?
shadowinvestor
#134 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 10:20:01 AM

What makes projections accurate in the west is that they heavily rely on satellites and very accurate weather models, but of most importance, they track weather changes in real time. Case in point the hurricane season, they have weather projections by the hour. In Kenya for a very long time, we relied on post weather reporting- Wind speeds was Xkm/hr, rain fell Xmm, etc. We can pay Elon Musk to send a weather satellite- 0 Maintaince, cost, 10M usd to track Equator/Indian Ocean weather patterns, monetize the data and do planning. Weather trends are long gone

kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

hardwood wrote:

murchr
#135 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:35:12 PM

2012 wrote:
Let's see what Sonko has been preparing for us for the last 6 months.

D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R - Someone please confirm @alma is ok.

hardwood
#136 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:01:56 PM

murchr
#137 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:40:43 PM

Things are thick

Mwende
#138 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 5:52:43 PM

murchr wrote:
Things are thick

And there folks there still repaying their mortgage... Weh!
...hold me in your arms, like that Spanish guitar… all night long!!!
murchr
#139 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:09:56 PM

Mwende wrote:
murchr wrote:
Things are thick

Watalipa tu, that's why its important to buy land/real estate during the rains season.

Here is grogon*(sp)

Fyatu
#140 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:35:15 PM

Mwende wrote:
murchr wrote:
Things are thick

And to think people paid 21 million for bungalows in this estate.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money