wazua Sat, May 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<1011121314>»
Nairobi Rains
simonkabz
#221 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 11:44:50 PM

hardwood wrote:
The equinox was on 21st march and the ITCZ follows it by 3 weeks. So the long rains will start tomorrow 11th April.

This prediction was 90% accurate. Im in a location where yester night was just shwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa till morning.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murchr
#222 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:25:36 PM

Met says the rains are still stuck in TZ.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#223 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:45:44 PM

simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:
The equinox was on 21st march and the ITCZ follows it by 3 weeks. So the long rains will start tomorrow 11th April.

This prediction was 90% accurate. Im in a location where yester night was just shwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa till morning.

ohuru should hire me as his Chief Meteorologist.smile
murchr
#224 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:00:31 PM

hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Ume nyeshewa wapi? Only western counties are receiving rain
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Bigchick
#225 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:19:54 PM

murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Am around Valleyroad school and the sound of the drizzle is just to exciting.

Want to undress for it to hit my body dieect
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Angelica _ann
#226 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:24:41 PM

Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Kujeni mashinani/ushago kwetu it has been raining moderately for the last 5 days
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#227 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:24:40 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Kujeni mashinani/ushago kwetu it has been raining moderately for the last 5 days

Iko samaki
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Thitifini
#228 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 10:17:03 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Iko samaki

My place received some good rains.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
subaru
#229 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 3:56:50 AM

Nyinyi mmefukuza mvua wacheni umbrella nyumbani
murchr
#230 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:12:44 PM

hardwood
#231 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 12:19:13 PM

Rain still stuck in TZ.Sad

Shak
#232 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:53:25 PM

Thitifini
#233 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:05:10 PM

This is how our rain gods summon the rains. Carry your umbrella next week.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Lolest!
#234 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:21:07 PM

It's hot, very hot! Even mosquitoes have moved northwards mpaka Limuru
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
freiks
#235 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:31:55 PM

Govt has set aside 150M to mitigate flooding this season (long rains), The MET department just announced we forget about the long rains. Just wondering who has poketed this cash
Life is an endless adventure
Nandwa
#236 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:36:37 PM

So the prolonged dry spell is due to ITCZ being held captive out there by a certain set of circumstances.
may I then ask;
1. What are the chances that once the ITCZ is released it may land here in June or July then bring us rain at point in time?
2. Do these factors only conspire to deny rain when it should be falling or do they also conspire to have rain when it should be dry season?
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
hardwood
#237 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:18:23 PM

Nandwa wrote:
So the prolonged dry spell is due to ITCZ being held captive out there by a certain set of circumstances.
may I then ask;
1. What are the chances that once the ITCZ is released it may land here in June or July then bring us rain at point in time?
2. Do these factors only conspire to deny rain when it should be falling or do they also conspire to have rain when it should be dry season?

When the itcz is "released", it will jump like a rubber band mpaka south sudan and ethiopia. So no rain for us.
murchr
#238 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:27:45 PM

Nandwa wrote:
may I then ask;

First what is ITCZ? Sailors called it the doldrums or the calms, is the area encircling Earth near the Equator, where the northeast and southeast trade winds converge. So in simple terms - its the winds. On the satellite it appears as a band of clouds consisting of showers and its positioned north and south of the equator. The pressure in the atmosphere plays a role in determining where these clouds will dump moisture. For some weeks this band has been over the equator heavy on west africa all the way to UG RW TZ western KE but it kind of bends downwards to TZ. Ref post 216.

This was yesterday

The weatherman in Kenya needs to stop giving historical weather details as forecasts. Last year the ITCZ formed early and the rains started much earlier yet they gave the same forecast as they did. Plus the language they use "being held captive" why do they assume people are uneducated?
Lolest!
#239 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:22:39 PM

murchr wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
may I then ask;

First what is ITCZ? Sailors called it the doldrums or the calms, is the area encircling Earth near the Equator, where the northeast and southeast trade winds converge. So in simple terms - its the winds. On the satellite it appears as a band of clouds consisting of showers and its positioned north and south of the equator. The pressure in the atmosphere plays a role in determining where these clouds will dump moisture. For some weeks this band has been over the equator heavy on west africa all the way to UG RW TZ western KE but it kind of bends downwards to TZ. Ref post 216.

This was yesterday

The weatherman in Kenya needs to stop giving historical weather details as forecasts. Last year the ITCZ formed early and the rains started much earlier yet they gave the same forecast as they did. Plus the language they use "being held captive" why do they assume people are uneducated?

Well explained. I remember last year's rains starting late in February and going into the cold season
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
hardwood
#240 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:20:17 PM

Rain and cloud cover for today 18/4/19. Mambo iko mbaya sana saidi. Mbua avoiding Kenya.

Key: Green = rain
White = clouds