wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
20% Stake for $100,000
TNT
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:58:05 AM

I'd like to sell a 20% stake in a 5-year-old Electrical Engineering Company for $100,000. Although the company has a healthy bottom line, it needs the capital to finance its expansion activities. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me an email at investinelec25@gmail.com.

Finally, I'd prefer to discuss issues to do with the business in a formal setting, an office, for example, rather than on this thread.
muganda
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:17:51 AM

@TNT you do realise that you are valuing the company at over KShs 40m. Top of the head, your valuation means ideally:

* You should be generating at least KShs 6m after tax in profit, for a 7 year pay-back period.

* Or about KShs 8.5m profit before tax, with a revenue of about 42m annually (assuming CEO salary 1m, staff 1m monthly)

* And a fixed deal pipeline, down on contract, worth at least
21m annually, over 3 years, minimum of 3 clients
Leaving only 50% open to hustling, by a committed CEO with institutional memory.

Good speed...

TNT
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:27:13 AM

muganda wrote:
@TNT you do realise that you are valuing the company at over KShs 40m. Top of the head, your valuation means ideally:

* You should be generating at least KShs 6m after tax in profit, for a 7 year pay-back period.

* Or about KShs 8.5m profit before tax, with a revenue of about 42m annually (assuming CEO salary 1m, staff 1m monthly)

Leaving only 50% open to hustling, by a committed CEO with institutional memory.

Good speed...

@ Muganda: Have you seen the company's books/audited accounts?

Please do not comment just for the sake of it.

InnovateGuy
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:46:55 AM

Why are you using gmail accounts for official communication if you have a serious business? I may be wrong, but there is no way a company valued at $ 500,000 will lack a website and official e-mail address for that matter. Definitely, your valuation is wrong.
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
muganda
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:00:55 PM

TNT wrote:

@TNT touché, comment in good faith smile

Your post only said what one requires to put IN.
I figured someone with the money would be enticed to enquire if you also shared some numbers THEY would be interested in.

mkonomtupu
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:09:53 PM

muganda wrote:

Good speed...

This is why i love wazua Applause Applause Applause
TNT
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:25:14 PM

muganda wrote:
TNT wrote:

@TNT touché, comment in good faith smile

Your post only said what one requires to put IN.
I figured someone with the money would be enticed to enquire if you also shared some numbers THEY would be interested in.

If you are a potential investor, I'd be happy to schedule a meeting with you, at your convenience. During our meeting, I'll grant you unrestricted access to the business's books of account, which is about five years worth of financial data.

Until that time, you are speaking from a position of ignorance, unless of course, you've already seen the aforementioned data. Have you?
TNT
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:27:33 PM

InnovateGuy wrote:
Why are you using gmail accounts for official communication if you have a serious business? I may be wrong, but there is no way a company valued at $ 500,000 will lack a website and official e-mail address for that matter. Definitely, your valuation is wrong.

I'll ignore your first point for obvious reasons, but just to indulge you a little, the business has a website and uses MS Outlook as a backup email solution. However, you should be smart enough to realize that online presence (Website, Social Media, Pinterst, YouTube) is not necessary synonymous with legit.

On to your second point, what is the correct valuation, sir, and how have your arrived at that valuation, especially since you haven't even seen the business's balance sheet?

Please enlighten the Wazua community on the business's true valuation. Just ignore the fact that you lack the necessary financial data to value it, of course.
Horton
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:03:54 PM

Wacheni siasa.....if ur truly interested give the brother/sister (TNT)a holla. Stop poking holes when you don't have all the facts
TNT
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:07:43 PM

Horton wrote:
Wacheni siasa.....if ur truly interested give the brother/sister (TNT)a holla. Stop poking holes when you don't have all the facts

Thank you for your voice of reason. I appreciate it.
accelriskconsult
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:58:13 PM

TNT wrote:
I'd like to sell a 20% stake in a 5-year-old Electrical Engineering Company for $100,000. Although the company has a healthy bottom line, it needs the capital to finance its expansion activities. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send me an email at investinelec25@gmail.com.

Finally, I'd prefer to discuss issues to do with the business in a formal setting, an office, for example, rather than on this thread.

TNT Wazua has a long memory, remember this post? http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=24805

I am willing to bet that you are the 'friend' that akowally was referring to, the one also called R2. You refused to answer the questions that Wazuans asked then. Nothing has really changed. The promise you make on returns seemed at best tenuous then as the valuation you place on the company is now.
TNT
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:48:20 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
TNT wrote:

TNT Wazua has a long memory, remember this post? http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=24805

I am willing to bet that you are the 'friend' that akowally was referring to, the one also called R2. You refused to answer the questions that Wazuans asked then. Nothing has really changed. The promise you make on returns seemed at best tenuous then as the valuation you place on the company is now.

@accelriskconsult: Two things: First, it is common knowledge that TNT = R2. After all, I believe I said so myself. Secondly, had you invested and I refused to pay you what I had promised, then you'd have a real grievance. As it is, you sound bitter but I have no idea why since you never invested with me.
Rollout
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:29:10 PM

TNT wrote:

I usually have a problem when a Kenyan price anything in Dollars because in my experience any dollar priced good or services in Kenya tend to be overpriced/reap off. Talk to the taxi men at JKIA.... they'll always give a different and always high price in Dollars before they come down once you ask in Shillings!

Would you be interested in selling a smaller percentage with a Synthetic Option( Call-Put) within the agreed terms where the buy will buy the entire 20% if the company meet certain margin percentage or you'll be force to buy back the % bought if the company do not meet pre-agreed target?
Ali Baba
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:52:14 PM

Rollout wrote:
TNT wrote:

I usually have a problem when a Kenyan price anything in Dollars because in my experience any dollar priced good or services in Kenya tend to be overpriced/reap off. Talk to the taxi men at JKIA.... they'll always give a different and always high price in Dollars before they come down once you ask in Shillings!

Would you be interested in selling a smaller percentage with a Synthetic Option( Call-Put) within the agreed terms where the buy will buy the entire 20% if the company meet certain margin percentage or you'll be force to buy back the % bought if the company do not meet pre-agreed target?

Maybe you list your firm at the GEM segment of the NSE ?That time I'll be willing to have a look at your firm.....
Chaka
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:35:43 PM

@TNT,
I also have an issue regarding the gmail email..
What is so confidential about your firm's website?
i.e unless you are doing this behind the back(s) of the other diretors(s)..?
Ali Baba
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:59:47 PM

Chaka wrote:
@TNT,

If you are an investor and you dont know this guy.You have to be careful.Secondly,he is selling a 20% stake.And he will be holding 80% stake.This means he will like a buffalo playing hide-n-seek with a goat....
Angelica _ann
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:36:03 PM

This has been annual!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mkeiy
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:56:09 AM

Chaka wrote:
@TNT,

Why are people having issues with gmail emails?

From experience, gmail and the like are more reliable than most of the personalized emails.

That is why a company worth 1mn usd, will find it convenient to use gmail. This is from experience.

I've also learnt over the years, business people and the employed think differently.
Practical vs Theoretical.
TNT
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:01:05 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
This has been annual!

Care to elaborate?
TNT
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:03:34 AM

mkeiy wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@TNT,

Why are people having issues with gmail emails?

From experience, gmail and the like are more reliable than most of the personalized emails.

That is why a company worth 1mn usd, will find it convenient to use gmail. This is from experience.

I've also learnt over the years, business people and the employed think differently.
Practical vs Theoretical.

Thank you for your invaluable insight. I appreciate it.