wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Broker
PeterReborn
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 5:08:31 PM

Hi,I gave my broker a purchase order for the stocks below: Eabl @ 290,I&m @116,hf @33.5 and centum @34.This was 3 weeks ago and he has not purchased any of the stocks.He claims no one is selling at the stated prices.Could the Broker be ignoring my order or he is telling the truth?
Consistency is better than intensity
King G
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 5:24:24 PM

3 weeks ago???? this week i ahve bought HFCK at @32 & Centum @ 34 comfortably. There must be something wrong.

Do you have the order queue forms with you?
Thieves
Ilikeyou
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:32:43 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
Hi,I gave my broker a purchase order for the stocks below: Eabl @ 290,I&m @116,hf @33.5 and centum @34.This was 3 weeks ago and he has not purchased any of the stocks.He claims no one is selling at the stated prices.Could the Broker be ignoring my order or he is telling the truth?

Why can't you place the order directly on the OTS yourself?
speculator
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:47:38 PM

PeterReborn wrote:

Pray Pray Signs of a broker in trouble!!! Pls share the name!! thats how Ngenye went down. I saw the signs but sikujua. Still waiting to be refunded my money. Placed order safcom when it was 3.65 but never gotPray
Drew
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 8:14:34 PM

Which broker is this we run away ??
Buster
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:15:59 PM

Share the brokers name.
Angelica _ann
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:43:56 PM

Which broker is this; name and shame. Then we accept and move to another broker!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:55:23 PM

Ilikeyou wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
PeterReborn
#9 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 11:46:44 AM

Ilikeyou wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

Thank you Ilikeyou.I have just purchased the shares through the OTS for the first time and am very impressed.
Speculz
#10 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 1:15:09 PM

speculator wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

Pray Pray Signs of a broker in trouble!!! Pls share the name!! thats how Ngenye went down. I saw the signs but sikujua. Still waiting to be refunded my money. Placed order safcom when it was 3.65 but never gotPray

Speculator ..Do you have any contacts for Ngenye? Saidia please if you do. Thanks
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Am
#11 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 3:16:32 PM

Speculz wrote:
speculator wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

Speculator ..Do you have any contacts for Ngenye? Saidia please if you do. Thanks

Seriously, You want Contacts for Ngenye Kariuki??
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
speculator
#12 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 3:35:48 PM

Speculz wrote:
speculator wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

i dont have.
poundfoolish
#13 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 4:39:47 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
Ilikeyou wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

Thank you Ilikeyou.I have just purchased the shares through the OTS for the first time and am very impressed.

Have tired of using agents i have decided to use the OTP
Can i have a good teacher to define these terms i am seeing on the dashboard, especialy the ones under 'Portfolio valuation' and 'available funds' namely
Harcuts, equities, unsettled purchases
Mukiri
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:42:45 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
Ilikeyou wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

Can i have a good teacher to define these terms i am seeing on the dashboard, especialy the ones under 'Portfolio valuation' and 'available funds' namely

Is it possible to forego brokers COMPLETELY?Pray What is OTS and OTP?

Proverbs 19:21
urstill1
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:35:07 AM

Mukiri wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
Ilikeyou wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

I think it is OST! Online Share Trading. I may be wrong.
PeterReborn
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:55:26 AM

urstill1 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
Ilikeyou wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

I dont think its possible to ignore the brokers completely.The money must be deposited with the broker to update the amount in the CDS account for trading.
Moving forward I will only be depositing the money with the broker and then doing the purchase and sale myself.I think its more fulfilling.I decided not to give the name of the broker as he explained on the volatility of Centum and I&M shares and I decided to save his skin.
Unsettled purchase means the value of the shares you have ordered but the purchase process has not been completed yet.
snipermnoma
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:22:30 PM

Peter, this broker offered poor service and should do better. You are paying for their services and they should do better. Naming them would help inform others what is in store for them. I think if we named more often, the brokers would work on improving their services.

Not sure if there is a list out there but let me attempt to list those with OST capability (alphabetically):

Afrika Investment Bank, Dyer and Blair, Faida Investment Bank, SBG Securities, Standard Investment Bank and Suntra Investments

Did I add one that should not be there? Or Did I miss any that should be there?

Another list that may be of interest is a ranking of brokers NSE does this but one has to buy the data: https://www.nse.co.ke/re...a/category/62-nmtpr.html
Mukiri
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:53:29 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
urstill1 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
Ilikeyou wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

I dont think its possible to ignore the brokers completely.The money must be deposited with the broker to update the amount in the CDS account for trading.
Moving forward I will only be depositing the money with the broker and then doing the purchase and sale myself.I think its more fulfilling.I decided not to give the name of the broker as he explained on the volatility of Centum and I&M shares and I decided to save his skin.
Unsettled purchase means the value of the shares you have ordered but the purchase process has not been completed yet.

How? Is it by using the broker's online trading platform?

Proverbs 19:21
PeterReborn
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:33:32 PM

[quote=snipermnoma]Peter, this broker offered poor service and should do better. You are paying for their services and they should do better. Naming them would help inform others what is in store for them. I think if we named more often, the brokers would work on improving their services.

Not sure if there is a list out there but let me attempt to list those with OST capability (alphabetically):

Afrika Investment Bank, Dyer and Blair, Faida Investment Bank, SBG Securities, Standard Investment Bank and Suntra Investments

Did I add one that should not be there? Or Did I miss any that should be there?

Another list that may be of interest is a ranking of brokers NSE does this but one has to buy the data: https://www.nse.co.ke/re.../category/62-nmtpr.html[/quote]

I agree the broker is SBG Securities>Investax ltd.I am a very frustrated client.I deposited some money with them on saturday but the cashier did not indicate my cds number on the banking slip.There has been a lot of back and forth between the broker and the bank and to date my account has not been updated.I need to move to a new broker who will be efficient and provide online trading platform.Which broker is the best?
Mist
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:52:19 PM

@PeterReborn
Waiting For the name
This are tell tale signs of a house not in order Pray
Simplicity is the utmost sophistication.