Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<45678>»
Best Money Market fund in Kenya
oops
#101 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 8:29:41 AM

anyone with current interest rates for those with less than 1M kshs?"
wal6807
#102 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 9:00:54 PM

Does any one know if market funds are bound by the regulator to keep certain standards I.e Max number of days between request for funds and actual receipt ?
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
•Socrates (470?-399 BC)
jomari78
#103 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:08:04 PM

Was pleasantly surprised recently by old Mutual's I-invest that has started paying out via mpesa immediately a request for payment is lodged. It now works just like mobile banking. Too bad their returns are nothing to write home about compared to the other funds
doubletap
#104 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 2:45:34 PM

Have been reading up on this tread and others and matters investments wazua sure is a good place to start. Was wondering if there is any fund that could be classified as a passive investment fund according to this link and what really is an active or passive fund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqa-jSuXmYw
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
Kenahzir
#105 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 4:08:55 PM

Nice read.
One cannot both feast and become rich

Since Money is not the medicine against death
mwenza
#106 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:09:27 PM

mkonomtupu wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
XSK wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
mchambuzi wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
If you are not in a hurry, you are better off buying NSE blue chips to the end of time..

why buy shares with dividend yields of 1-5% when you can get 8-10% on the money market without risking your capital

8-10%? Thats low, inflation is at 7.15% although in actual sense its usually much higher. That means you are making 2-3% gain. In shares you can make more from capital gains not just the dividends. I would opt for a portfolio of blue chip companies if I was risk averse

To make it easier, assume you had been buying SCOM, BAT and KCB shares over the past three years.

Look at the share price appreciation and dividend yield and that money market fund is exposed as a joke.

At that point the dividend yield was good 7-10% but right now the same stocks are over-valued e.g SCOM has p/e of 36(overvalued highest should be 18). That means you to wait 36 years. It's unlikely that company earnings will match up with those prices any time soon. For the record i bought my shares at rock bottom prices KCB 21, NIC 24, kengen 8.3 but I have taken capital gains and re-invested in money market. It depends on timing

@Mkonomtupu

Thanks for that education on the money market fund. Its basically a place to keep/park your money as you wait for an opportunity to strike! Meanwhile the money will not be losing value.

I assume I am talking to Wazua veterans here.

And where do we imagine these fund managers take your money? HAHA

Let us put this in perspective. After waiting 12 solid months, the fund promises me 8-10% in a country with 7% inflation at best and we are happy?

To put this to rest.

Buy KQ today 13.50, sell on 2015 FY announcement.

Buy NBK today 31.75, sell by March 2015.

Buy HFCK today 33.75, sell March 2015.

NB: Any negative NSE reaction on sign of fed tapering and sell the above before Sept 2014 for a lower re-entry.

We shall compare notes at this time next year OR before Sept 2014.

And just to hammer the point closer home, buy SCOM TODAY at 11.70/= and sell by this 2014 full year results in June therabouts. Between now and then, price appreciation estimate is 13.50, that is 15% up from TODAYs 'over valued' price for this GROWTH stock!! HAHA

I decided to check out your calculations over this lazy period
Assuming I had put in a million equally into your four stocks i.e. 250,000
KQ=250,000/13.5=18518*8.5=157,407
NBK=250,000/31.75=7874*24.5=190944
HF=250,000/33.75=7407*45=333333
Safcom=250,000/11.7=21367*14.05=300,213
Total =981,899
Money market=1,000,000*0.093(effective annual yield)=93000
Total=1,093,000

Just like you, have also decided to check out and update your calculations, after exactly 2yrs, during this lazy period:-

KQ = 18,518 X 4.90 = 90,738/=
NBK = 7874 X 16.55 = 130,314/=
HF = 7407 X 22.00 = 162,954/=
SCOM =21,367 X 16.10=344,008/=
TOTAL = 728,014/=

MMF= 1,093,000 X 1.093 = 1, 194,649/=

BE THE JUDGE!
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
PeterReborn
#107 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:05:12 PM

Any reviews on Pan Africa Pesa Plus?I am sourcing for a good money market fund when I can deposit some amount every month.The returns on pesa plus looks attractive during this bear.
Consistency is better than intensity
washiku
#108 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:01:20 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
Any reviews on Pan Africa Pesa Plus?I am sourcing for a good money market fund when I can deposit some amount every month.The returns on pesa plus looks attractive during this bear.

I recently received a Product brief from a "Wealth Manager" who changed jobs from my current fund to Cynton. This is a summary of what she wrote:

"The CMS is a product that seeks to give clients higher returns than they would otherwise get on their own due to economies of scale by providing a platform for consolidation of funds from various investors and accessibility to the most attractive opportunities. We invest in a diversified range of products such as bank deposits and real estate-backed commercial papers hence the high yields.

The current rate is

For KES
1 Month: 18% (p.a)
3 Months: 18% (p.a)
6 Months: 18% (p.a)
12 Months: 18% (p.a)"

http://www.cytonn.com/

Haven't tried them yet but that rate sounds good.smile
enyands
#109 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:17:33 PM

washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

I recently received a Product brief from a "Wealth Manager" who changed jobs from my current fund to Cynton. This is a summary of what she wrote:

"The CMS is a product that seeks to give clients higher returns than they would otherwise get on their own due to economies of scale by providing a platform for consolidation of funds from various investors and accessibility to the most attractive opportunities. We invest in a diversified range of products such as bank deposits and real estate-backed commercial papers hence the high yields.

The current rate is

For KES

Minimum acceptable deposit is 1,000,000
PeterReborn
#110 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:06:25 PM

washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

The current rate is

For KES

Thanks Washiku.I spoke to them and they said the minimum investment is 1 m.It is not therefore optimal for me as I need a fund I can contribute to every month.
Consistency is better than intensity
marko
#111 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 7:49:52 AM

PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

The current rate is

For KES

Thanks Washiku.I spoke to them and they said the minimum investment is 1 m.It is not therefore optimal for me as I need a fund I can contribute to every month.

Try Zimele-link
WHO DARES WINS
jgithige
#112 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:43:40 PM

Something interesting about the return rates declared some of them are gross before deductions such as commissions and some levies not forgetting Njiraini.
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
nashx
#113 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 10:20:14 PM

PeterReborn wrote:

I have been their client for 6 months. Highly recommend it. Great service including an online portal and customer service follows up on all queries no matter how small. The rates are also very competitive
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
instinct
#114 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 10:57:08 PM

nashx wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

I have been their client for 6 months. Highly recommend it. Great service including an online portal and customer service follows up on all queries no matter how small. The rates are also very competitive

its good
Kili
#115 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 3:30:31 PM

Their Pesa+ product is good.I have invested with the last 8 months.Redemption of funds take a max of 3 days,all you need to do is drop them an email.No withdrawal charges if you do not redeem more than once a month.Minimum investment is Kes 2,500
Impunity
#116 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 7:17:17 PM

Kili wrote:
Their Pesa+ product is good.I have invested with the last 8 months.Redemption of funds take a max of 3 days,all you need to do is drop them an email.No withdrawal charges if you do not redeem more than once a month.Minimum investment is Kes 2,500

If suppose you had deposited a sum and locked it for 3 months at say 12%, then you have emergency and decided to recall your money after 40 days, will you lose all your interest accrued or you get interest up the 40th day?

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kimanimsc
#117 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 7:41:30 PM

Impunity wrote:
Kili wrote:

If suppose you had deposited a sum and locked it for 3 months at say 12%, then you have emergency and decided to recall your money after 40 days, will you lose all your interest accrued or you get interest up the 40th day?

Pesa+ > Does not lock, interest computed on daily basis but credited on monthly basis into your a/c. So you will access your principal plus the interest accrued for the full month. The interest accrued for the 10 remaining days will be credited into your a/c at the end of the month which will continue to accrue interest if you don't go for it.
Impunity
#118 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 9:16:52 AM

kimanimsc wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kili wrote:

Pesa+ > Does not lock, interest computed on daily basis but credited on monthly basis into your a/c. So you will access your principal plus the interest accrued for the full month. The interest accrued for the 10 remaining days will be credited into your a/c at the end of the month which will continue to accrue interest if you don't go for it.

Is Pan Africa Asset Management owned by Pan african Insuarance?
Which is their custodian bank?
Where are their offices, in town and in outskirts, if any?

nashx
#119 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 9:39:12 AM

Owned by Sanlam (south African company)..same guys who own majority of pan Africa insurance
Custodian is CFC Stanbic
Kenyatta Avenue pan africa life house 3rd floor...I can send you forms via gmail if you're interested
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
Impunity
#120 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2016 10:34:43 AM

nashx wrote:
Owned by Sanlam (south African company)..same guys who own majority of pan Africa insurance
Custodian is CFC Stanbic
Kenyatta Avenue pan africa life house 3rd floor...I can send you forms via gmail if you're interested

2008impunity (at) gmail dot com.

Thanks