#701 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:01:45 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
KIKItheKING wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Kihara joni wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
[quote=washiku]

For those who have the resources to watch the online channel, do they have adverts? like the earlier bulletins on analogue

Ads are there but short short!
Full bulletin which used to take 1 hrs 30 minutes takes a mere 25 minutes.
Hakuna story nyiingi in digital world!

They (ladycasters) also know you are not watching with your wife, so hakuna kutingiza matako ovyo ovyo!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Alai compiled some of the funny reactions from Kenyans too....smile

Zack Njehu – “Hamuogopi spiders?”

King Soi – “Eti Web, I thought you said Kenyans were poor n couldn’t afford set top boxes, Hawa wa kuwatch TV over the Web ndo wakenya wagani?”

Bornface Munyui Sanchez - “continue migrating….ata mkiweza mnaweza migrate hadi mars”

Charles Thuranira Ataya - “Mkikutwa na spider huko, ndio mtajua hata web ina wenyewe.”

Malowah Jacob – “You guys keep preaching we shouldn’t pay to watch TV. Now bundles za web ni ya mama zenu? Nktakataka!”

George Nderitu – “Good KTN sasa mmefika mashinana sawasawa.Huko maweb iko kila mahali kwanza kwa choo mko very clear”

Fred Omondi – “Jokers…just how did KBC beat u on this one”

Kenson Mwenda – “Only Nilotes And Cushites Used To Migrate… Kweli Nyinyi Ni Analogue..I Miss U Less

Andrew Diego Costa Striker – “Mtatimuliwa hata kwa web, where else shall u go? mtakunja kunisomea news kwa nyumba”

Wycliffe Chogo – “since you migrated kenya has been peaceful ..peaceful from duale insult on our mothers”

Geoffrey Ndungu “Mbona msiige mfano mzuri wa #wildbeestes wanaohama kila mwaka na hawatusumbui kamwe”

James Maina – “Hehe…..so sarcastic,if kenyans cant afford set top boxes how then do u expect them to access TV via the web nkt….”

Joab Filberts – “Foolish pride. How do you refuse a lift from a neighbour because you are buying a limo next year???? Thanks we have KBC that migrated last year!!”
washiku
#702 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:46:28 PM

Ric dees
#703 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:25:20 PM

I will not pretend to be tech savvy so i will not repeat what everyone has so eloquently extrapolated.. -

However just like the West we will have 100"s of stations and choice will increase 100 fold and ofcourse content.

I had a chance of meeting the Honcho of Citizen TV sometime back in London during a forum and questioned his strategy of paying presenters 600/700/800K P/M, why not hire strategists and pay them that amount, and you will leverage your exposure to this lot. "Kijana you are too young to understand this market and industry we operate in" Indulge me i countered - that was the end of that needless to say..

So now my question is - Would i be wrong in assuming there is ZERO value from this lot with 300k + twitter followers in the current stand-off? I guess we both know the answer to that.

Now the the various anchors/presenters, if you cannot create content then you are well and truly f***ED.. This will bite hard, poleni lakini.

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
wal6807
#704 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:38:01 PM

What ADN is trying to do is give us "an analog choice in a digital box" with their OWN decoder , do they think we will forgo a choice of say 30 channels because we "love" them. I think for them , this is a misplaced sense of self worth.

Maoni yangu tu
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
•Socrates (470?-399 BC)
madollar
#705 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:12:00 AM

The plot thickens ,while one group was out gun blazing demanding to the owners of PANG a "macharia" quietly registered Africa digital network with half shareholding thus locking out NMG and standard media group
jaggernaut
#706 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:31:00 AM

madollar wrote:
The plot thickens ,while one group was out gun blazing demanding to the owners of PANG a "macharia" quietly registered Africa digital network with half shareholding thus locking out NMG and standard media group

Waaaa.....afrocinema continues...

jaggernaut
#707 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 12:04:07 PM

[quote]Yesterday CA warned that it will revoke the broadcasting licenses of NTV, KTN and Citizen TV if they do not return on air.

Wangusi said they wrote to the three last week asking them to switch on their stations, especially on digital platforms, and will remind them tomorrow.

“If they are not going to do so we are prepared to take a regulatory action against them, including revocation of the broadcasting licences,” said Wangusi.

- See more at: http://www.the-star.co.k...dn#sthash.ar16hQic.dpuf[/quote]
Swenani
#708 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 12:35:35 PM

750,000 watching now

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Impunity
#709 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:10:04 PM

Swenani wrote:
750,000 watching now

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

thuks
#710 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:31:48 PM

Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
750,000 watching now

I bet they are NTV staff Laughing out loudly
I care!
Euge
#711 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 1:32:25 PM

Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
750,000 watching now

Its not a laughing matter.........
Lord, thank you!
Impunity
#712 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:02:29 PM

Euge wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
750,000 watching now

Its not a laughing matter.........

The 75 who are watching are the ones in audience with their ipads!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

deadpoet
#713 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:04:37 PM

Swenani
#714 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:06:38 PM

thuks wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
750,000 watching now

Atalaku
#715 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:23:11 PM

Swenani wrote:
thuks wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
750,000 watching now

The computers at Nation Centre are more than this. So even those who are supposed to be 'monitoring news' are not even watchingLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MKWASI
#716 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:16:54 PM

Ric dees wrote:

I will not pretend to be tech savvy so i will not repeat what everyone has so eloquently extrapolated.. -

However just like the West we will have 100"s of stations and choice will increase 100 fold and ofcourse content.

I had a chance of meeting the Honcho of Citizen TV sometime back in London during a forum and questioned his strategy of paying presenters 600/700/800K P/M, why not hire strategists and pay them that amount, and you will leverage your exposure to this lot. "Kijana you are too young to understand this market and industry we operate in" Indulge me i countered - that was the end of that needless to say..

So now my question is - Would i be wrong in assuming there is ZERO value from this lot with 300k + twitter followers in the current stand-off? I guess we both know the answer to that.

Now the the various anchors/presenters, if you cannot create content then you are well and truly f***ED.. This will bite hard, poleni lakini.

Perhaps you were too young to understand what the presenters additionally offersmile smile

On more sombre look you were right. Serious companies worth their salt invest substantial amounts in research and development.
Swenani
#717 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:05:44 PM

MKWASI wrote:
Ric dees wrote:

Perhaps you were too young to understand what the Female presenters additionally offersmile smile

On more sombre look you were right. Serious companies worth their salt invest substantial amounts in research and development.

Sad Sad Sad Sad
murchr
#718 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 8:09:17 PM

They have been given 7 days to return to air, lets see how that goes. In addition, STD and NMG should file papers with CMA and inform their shareholders of this new consortium of companies that they have formed.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
harrydre
#719 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 8:15:26 PM

murchr wrote:
They have been given 7 days to return to air, lets see how that goes. In addition, STD and NMG should file papers with CMA and inform their shareholders of this new consortium of companies that they have formed.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

i.am.back!!!!
kelele.com
#720 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 8:52:24 PM

As UK rushes to buy Joshua Kulei's 21 percenht stake on Standard Group
Sina Signature. NKT