wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Why is Mombasa so dirty ??
simonkabz
#21 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 2:35:39 AM

Siringi wrote:
@thimioni on the contrary Mombasa has failry decent roads what has happened is population has exploded and middo crass bought too many cars than the town can handle.

Now the following needs to be done on roads

1. Dualing the New Nyali Rd (Msa-Malindi rd B8) from Kisauni junction to Mtwapa ok at leat till Bamburi junction as phase 1

2. Second alternative to Nyali Bridge

3. A bypass from Mshomoroni to changamwe or better still linking C107 to Mazeras

4. Makupa Causeway Kibarani Expansion

5 use of waterway (ferry/boats) from Kilifi Mtwapa to Old Town speedboat to Port Reitz

6. Dongo Kundu iharakishwe

Kwa raha zetu Mombasa is an Excellent town challenges notwithstanding crime tu ndio inaongezeka lakini tutawasomea halbadiri

Fairy decent roads? I only know of Nyali, Parts of CBD and the exit highways. But those solutions you have proposed would work magic. Ongezea barabara za mitaa.....bamburi, mishomoroni, Jomvu, Likoni, chamgamwe areas. And decent shoulders to check on dust and mud. For me, simple but proper roads first (not necessarily superhighway types).....then water and boom!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Seles83
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:07:26 PM

I was heart broken with my recent trip to Mombasa while on holidays. The place was dirty and filthy. It look like one big slum except for the CBD and tourists resorts areas...

Everywhere, i saw poverty glaring back....How could an entire people be so lazy and incompetent not to even be capable of cleaning after themselves. What a big shame!!

Very very soon, they will even loose the port clearing business, especially with construction of in-land port at Naivasha...

Tourism gone to Tanzania and now the port business follows.

For how long will the coastal people wait for the mnazi to fall down!!
More monies, more problems...
murchr
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:25:52 PM

I was there sometime last year and could not believe it. Filth everywhere, walking in town was a headache tuktuks everywhere. In short when you get out of Diani you are filth.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Swenani
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:27:02 PM

Seles83 wrote:
I was heart broken with my recent trip to Mombasa while on holidays. The place was dirty and filthy. It look like one big slum except for the CBD and tourists resorts areas...

Everywhere, i saw poverty glaring back....How could an entire people be so lazy and incompetent not to even be capable of cleaning after themselves. What a big shame!!

Very very soon, they will even loose the port clearing business, especially with construction of in-land port at Naivasha...

Tourism gone to Tanzania and now the port business follows.

For how long will the coastal people wait for the mnazi to fall down!!

Serious?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kayhara
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:55:20 PM

Correction Mombasa people are not lazy, Mombasa is a couple hundred years old and the main economic activities has been trade and hospitality agriculture is only in coconut and fishing, the leadership in Mombasa like else where in Kenya is greedy they want to be in government,do business with the govt,give govt services etc.
The garbage issue is the same one of the few licenced garbage collecters is owned by the governor and they only service the up market which in Mombasa only covers Nyali,part of Tudor and part of Kizingo,the rest are left to deal with their own trash.
the trucks which were owned by the governor's friend and leased at 80k per day there were withdrawn after the courts shut the kibarani dump.
So currently no one is collecting garbage and even those who collect dump it somewhere else,the other thing is water Mombasa does not have enough water and the boreholes are mostly contaminated since the county does not have a functioning sewer system,this is why you get that funky sewage smell as you enter Mombasa.
To Each His Own
Alba
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 6:05:33 PM

Enyewe Mombasa is dilapidated and dirty and demoralizing. But blaming the local population or even the governor for the woes of a major town in Kenya is missing the point.
Seles83
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 7:17:34 PM

kayhara wrote:
Correction Mombasa people are not lazy, Mombasa is a couple hundred years old and the main economic activities has been trade and hospitality agriculture is only in coconut and fishing, the leadership in Mombasa like else where in Kenya is greedy they want to be in government,do business with the govt,give govt services etc.
The garbage issue is the same one of the few licenced garbage collecters is owned by the governor and they only service the up market which in Mombasa only covers Nyali,part of Tudor and part of Kizingo,the rest are left to deal with their own trash.
the trucks which were owned by the governor's friend and leased at 80k per day there were withdrawn after the courts shut the kibarani dump.
So currently no one is collecting garbage and even those who collect dump it somewhere else,the other thing is water Mombasa does not have enough water and the boreholes are mostly contaminated since the county does not have a functioning sewer system,this is why you get that funky sewage smell as you enter Mombasa.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense, but i always remind myself the leaders we elect and exalt represents our societal values and mannerisms!!

Next time, i prefer fly to Ukunda and just avoid the same horrible experience!!

Honestly, after leaving Mombasa Madaraka Express train terminus, very very little positive can be said of the environs!!
Seles83
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 7:21:49 PM

Alba wrote:
Enyewe Mombasa is dilapidated and dirty and demoralizing. But blaming the local population or even the governor for the woes of a major town in Kenya is missing the point.

If we cannot clean and maintain our own neighbourhoods, then why cry foul when the council and county governments fail to do the same!!

Swenani
#29 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:18:51 PM

Seles83 wrote:
Alba wrote:

If we cannot clean and maintain our own neighbourhoods, then why cry foul when the council and county governments fail to do the same!!

Do you know we have a significant population of Wapwani in NBO and also a significant number of wabara in pwani?

Are Nairobi, Kisumu, Eldoret, Kitale and Nyahururu clean towns
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murchr
#30 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:30:45 PM

Alba wrote:

Who's to blame if not those trashing it and those in charge of maintaining it?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kayhara
#31 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:31:36 PM

Seles83 wrote:
Alba wrote:

Kenyans are clean go to any house even in the slums you will find a spotless house you even have to take your shoes off when going in, problem is where do we take our garbage? Currently Mombasa has no dump, even if we pay for a private collector we know he has nowhere to take it, so it's no a citizen fail but government fail.
In Nairobi there is a dump but it is inaccessible during the rains, again citizens pay for the service but the government does not give it.
To Each His Own
Realtreaty
#32 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 10:13:39 PM

Someone by name "SULTAN" with his D- education qualification cannot do anything other than have drug ridden zombies, dirty city, lazy citizens who do not make him accountable and at the end you may think he is an MP going around other counties campaigning and following politicians out of the county and never sitting down with his County leaders to solve their first problems.

Now he is Chest thumping how he will beat others by raising his campaign materials higher than others.
Who is fooling who?
He has taken advantage of the Zombies he created.
His escapades outside his county re well known breaking families
".....Yaliondwele sipite.."
Amores
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 10:50:05 PM

Alba wrote:

So what is the point?
I am happy
hardwood
#34 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 9:17:25 AM

Angelica _ann
#35 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 9:28:06 AM

[quote=hardwood]Sida ya D minus leadership

http://www.sunwords.com/...-is-your-town-so-dirty/[/quote]

April 2011 Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
washiku
#36 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 10:56:18 AM

Alba wrote:

So who is to blame? Not the people who dump trash...Not the people who should do the collection...Not the people who should enforce a do-not-dump-trash-policy...Who is to blame?
Uram
#37 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 12:46:45 PM

[quote=hardwood]Sida ya D minus leadership

http://www.sunwords.com/...-is-your-town-so-dirty/[/quote]

6-year old article. Be Fair and Objective.
hardwood
#38 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 1:12:03 PM

Uram wrote:
hardwood wrote:

6-year old article. Be Fair and Objective.

D minus was still a leader then, an Mpig and his area was the dirtiest.
winston
#39 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 8:06:50 PM

Citizens pay taxes for services..then elect leaders to oversee the taxes and provide services...if there is a failure therein....then I can only conclude...that the people fully deserve the leader they elected! Period.
Amores
#40 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 12:39:38 AM

winston wrote:
Citizens pay taxes for services..then elect leaders to oversee the taxes and provide services...if there is a failure therein....then I can only conclude...that the people fully deserve the leader they elected! Period.

Especially if they vote in that leader twice
I am happy