wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Why is Mombasa so dirty ??
kiash
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:00:55 PM

Am sure am not the only one, I visited the place several times and I just decided to bypass. Go to the ferry boarding ramp and the place is dirty and dusty and maji iko some 50 M from there in the ocean. Hata afadhali utafute bucket every morning and clean up the place. Go to some streets and you will find people selling the trademark mangoes and bananas jostling for space with TukTuks. Wow on to you if you have a car itasqueeze like hell .The buildings are so dirty and they are supposed to be white in color. Same goes to garbage I hope they started collecting it from the disposal point in some market. I would agree a little for Nairobi to be in almost similar state; blame it on water lakini Mombasa maji ya bahari is everywhere. I wonder why people keep on going there a part from the beach.
kysse
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:22:37 PM

Well Why are people so dirty"
Blame not the environs but the people.

@ kiash,why do you like migraine? if you start asking why other people's building's are peeling or brown instead of white in colour when you can't do anything about them..

take a breather and enjoy the weather away from kongowea.

Mukiri
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:37:11 PM

You finally came home?Applause Have you read Chimamanda's Americanah?

Proverbs 19:21
simonkabz
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:07:53 PM

@ Kiash, how i wish you visited Bamburi or mishomoroni.....Other than Nyali and the hotel zones, the rest of Mombasa is one huge slum.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:15:21 PM

Have to agree with @Kiash, Mombasa is one huge filthy stink zone and unworthy of being considered as our premier tourism zone.

I bet tourists being driven from the Airports to their exclusive hotels skip abit and curse their travel agents when passing through the town, offcourse when they get to their exclusive hotels and beaches, they are pleasantly surprised
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Chief Guest
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:16:23 PM

How about the roads, so pathetic nkt!
Illmatic
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:19:00 PM

While approaching to land from the A109 highway end and while taxing to the terminal, notice the beautiful slums lining the perimeter of the airport. A sight to behold and a major tourist attraction!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
mv_ufanisi
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:27:00 PM

Haha, yeah the Governor of Mombasa can't even organize to clean up the city, how are they going to develop? Slummification is happening in Mombasa on an unprecedented scale. Within 20 to 30 years, slums will be right at the corner of the tourist hotels. And it makes the country look baaddd! Ever come in from the airport going to South Coast and after you cross the ferry you see all the filth as you go to Diani? Disgusting!!
Toxicity
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:32:10 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Have to agree with @Kiash, Mombasa is one huge filthy stink zone and unworthy of being considered as our premier tourism zone.

I bet tourists being driven from the Airports to their exclusive hotels skip abit and curse their travel agents when passing through the town, offcourse when they get to their exclusive hotels and beaches, they are pleasantly surprised

Add the high temperatures!! uchafu na Joto! pathetic!!
update president set president = speaker where president is null
simonkabz
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:41:38 PM

Someone has been recarpeting kenyatta avenue, from Barclays Bank Digo rd, through Kibarani to the airport. Cheap works If you ask me, Good to last 6 months. And I doubt its the county govt. Joho so far=ZERO!

After kongowea market, malindi dual carriageway merges into one, narrow two lane road devoid of shoulders, with slums lining the edges of the highway, with a massive traffic jam any time of day (much worse during rush), clouds of dust as motorists overlap (probably for lack of choice), mud during rains woi......simple problems that can be sorted out with little money. We are not serious with tourism.

Pilots of scheduled flights and passangers have been caught up in the jam resulting in flight cancellations. Its unacceptable.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:06:01 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Someone has been recarpeting kenyatta avenue, from Barclays Bank Digo rd, through Kibarani to the airport. Cheap works If you ask me, Good to last 6 months. And I doubt its the county govt. Joho so far=ZERO!

After kongowea market, malindi dual carriageway merges into one, narrow two lane road devoid of shoulders, with slums lining the edges of the highway, with a massive traffic jam any time of day (much worse during rush), clouds of dust as motorists overlap (probably for lack of choice), mud during rains woi......simple problems that can be sorted out with little money. We are not serious with tourism.

Pilots of scheduled flights and passangers have been caught up in the jam resulting in flight cancellations. Its unacceptable.

Have you noticed that motorist do not observe the keep left rule on this stretch of the road.

Joho really has his work cut out for him, surely maintaining cleanliness is all about supervising the workers you are already paying and purchasing brooms, can't be that hard?
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:14:40 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Have you noticed that motorist do not observe the keep left rule on this stretch of the road.

Joho really has his work cut out for him, surely maintaining cleanliness is all about supervising the workers you are already paying and purchasing brooms, can't be that hard?

Yup. I wonder how much it would cost by laying out two simple extra lanes up to pirates, or mtwapa bridge. And I mean simple, as a first aid measure, since the road has relatively flat shoulders that wont need much earth moving.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Gathige
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:26:53 PM

simonkabz wrote:

@Kabz, Hata "pilots" are getting caught in the "jam". They should start "landding" elsewhere and leave Mombasa alone.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
simonkabz
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:55:06 PM

Gathige wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

@Kabz, Hata "pilots" are getting caught in the "jam". They should start "landding" elsewhere and leave Mombasa alone.

Naturally yes. mombasa wanakwamakwama tu sana.Laughing out loudly
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Braza
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 6:40:17 PM

following .
Admin, Luckily; age will one day transform me into an Elder.
Kihara joni
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:10:18 PM

Mombasa wow I wonder what tourist come to see maybe its the weather..
bad roads
stagnant water on major roads
sewer smell all over town
garbage heaps all over
hawkers all over town
mombasa is one big downtown
blocked roads
beach road
jam
nkt cant finish this
at least I can see some work going on in most places plus garbage getting collected, joho bought 20, 40 foot trailers for that and 2 shovels, Kisauni road is being repaired and storm water drainage works going on in Bamburi and Kiembeni areas, but still I think those Bombolulu area of the highway should be cleared
kiash
#17 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 12:03:00 AM

Thought i was the only one who had seen this , happy to see everyone has noticed.The town "city" could be so beautiful !!
Siringi
#18 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 1:06:06 AM

Go easy on Joho the guy is trying
the biggest blunder are some dunderheads he has for county assembly and cabinetSad Sad Sad

Mombasa's problems are historical and so deep rooted that it'll require more than national effort to resolve wacha story za county. and by Mombasa I Include adjacent counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta,Tana River and Lamu yaani the entire coastal strip.Sad

1.Mombasa has no sewer system Septic tanks and pit llatrines are the norm

2. Water situation is extremely bad. majority of residents rely on boreholes, dont ask whether this mixes with 2 above. Thankfully under some grant from I think the French the water services board sijui company are digging up the whole town to lay new piping Machiri are the contractors. Inshallah things shall improve

3. Due to poverty and rural urban migration worsened by lack of physical planning /zoning and controlled, development Mombasa is one huge slum picture it, Entire Kisauni, Bombolulu, Bamburi to Utange, Likoni, Port Reitz Magongo Migadini, Entire Changamwe -Miritini, formerly planned Mikindani now a jungle, the adjacent boarding town of Mtwapa total chaos look at Shanzu

there used to exist two elite neighbourhoods Nyali and Kizingo and maybe Tudor but with lack of planning dezoning Pirate money the hitherto pristine addreses are now degenerated into concrete jungles

Traffic - dont even get me started, it is like Mombasa Police did not graduate from Kiganjo the .lately Drivers are like monkeys in suits

4.@ Essky please don't joke with Kongowea, dirty as it may be if you close Kongowea for a day or two hiyo itakuwa hujuma. The entire metropolis and the smaller retail markets depend solely on this one chaotic marikiti

5. Lets pray for watu wa pwani ni wangwana na watulivu tafadhali taratibu msije na haraka kama ulikuwa na haraka basi ungekuja jana smile

P.S the town needs radical restructuring, redesign and rethinking

an alternative to the Nyali bridge is 10 year late.

thank God the ferry mess shall be partly sorted once Dongo Kundu bypass is done but wait a minute - Makupa causeway Kibarani still remains the link road nktest goodnite
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
simonkabz
#19 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 1:16:32 AM

Siringi wrote:
Go easy on Joho the guy is trying
the biggest blunder are some dunderheads he has for county assembly and cabinetSad Sad Sad

Mombasa's problems are historical and so deep rooted that it'll require more than national effort to resolve wacha story za county. and by Mombasa I Include adjacent counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta,Tana River and Lamu yaani the entire coastal strip.Sad

1.Mombasa has no sewer system Septic tanks and pit llatrines are the norm

2. Water situation is extremely bad. majority of residents rely on boreholes, dont ask whether this mixes with 2 above. Thankfully under some grant from I think the French the water services board sijui company are digging up the whole town to lay new piping Machiri are the contractors. Inshallah things shall improve

3. Due to poverty and rural urban migration worsened by lack of physical planning /zoning and controlled, development Mombasa is one huge slum picture it, Entire Kisauni, Bombolulu, Bamburi to Utange, Likoni, Port Reitz Magongo Migadini, Entire Changamwe -Miritini, formerly planned Mikindani now a jungle, the adjacent boarding town of Mtwapa total chaos look at Shanzu

there used to exist two elite neighbourhoods Nyali and Kizingo and maybe Tudor but with lack of planning dezoning Pirate money the hitherto pristine addreses are now degenerated into concrete jungles

Traffic - dont even get me started, it is like Mombasa Police did not graduate from Kiganjo the .lately Drivers are like monkeys in suits

2.@ Essky please dont joke with Kongowea, dirty as it may be if you close Kongowea for a day or two hiyo itakuwa hujuma. The entire metropolis and the smaller retail markets depend solely on this one chaotic marikiti

3. Lets pray for watu wa pwani ni wangwana na watulivu tafadhali taratibu msije na haraka kama ulikuwa na haraka basi ungekuja jana smile

P.S the town needs radical restructuring, redesign and rethinking

an alternative to the Nyali bridge is 10 year late.

thank God the ferry mess shall be partly sorted once Dongo Kundu bypass is done but wait a minute - Makupa causeway Kibarani still remains the link road nktest goodnite

Excellent summary. Let us start with the roads, as a matter of urgency, and also water! The rest can come srowry.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Siringi
#20 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 2:16:25 AM

@thimioni on the contrary Mombasa has failry decent roads what has happened is population has exploded and middo crass bought too many cars than the town can handle.

Now the following needs to be done on roads

1. Dualing the New Nyali Rd (Msa-Malindi rd B8) from Kisauni junction to Mtwapa ok at leat till Bamburi junction as phase 1

2. Second alternative to Nyali Bridge

3. A bypass from Mshomoroni to changamwe or better still linking C107 to Mazeras

4. Makupa Causeway Kibarani Expansion

5 use of waterway (ferry/boats) from Kilifi Mtwapa to Old Town speedboat to Port Reitz

6. Dongo Kundu iharakishwe

Kwa raha zetu Mombasa is an Excellent town challenges notwithstanding crime tu ndio inaongezeka lakini tutawasomea halbadiri

"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua