Bear is over
Mainat
#1 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 7:44:00 AM

Don't be the last one to invest...

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
pops
#2 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 8:14:00 AM

dont think so.....investors are cashing in on the good company results therefore the rise is temporary - i dont think the price rise will hold. who has the surplus income to be investing during these difficult times?
Douvante
#3 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 8:45:00 AM

Pops,

Kama hauna pesa nyamaza,people have money out here to invest.Pesa mingi

Everything happens for a reason.
Burning Spear
#4 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 8:54:00 AM

@mainat

I agree with you although not over kabisa...we still have some bottlenecks that need to be addressed in our market before we can celebrate.

Kudos to the NSE change of guard.....CMA and Micah likely to shape up NSE is welcome.

Buses are leaving and guys need to board.....

me boarded....equity at 10bob.....Kenya re at 9.50 and KCB at 17.50

Disclaimer : This is my opinion and not a recommendation.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Kamaa
#5 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 9:31:00 AM

well,it could be over but i think it's too soon to celebrate... perhaps,it's a lull!
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
Mainat
#6 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2009 1:55:00 PM

But you can wait until NSE gets to 4,000. Not anytime soon.
Pops-have you been following real estate lately? Prices have doubled in Karen,Runda et al in the last 12 months alone...
Pesa iko.
The only thing that will push NSE back to 2,300 is a civil war. Not even Gen Kiguoya passing away will push us back there.

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
stocksmaster
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2009 4:54:00 AM

All indicators are pointing to this fact....watch how the foreign exchanges are posting positive price rallies.
I anticipate the NSE price rally to begin towards the end of the week.........Time to pick some blue chips.

Happy hunting

Stocksmaster-For well researched market analysis
Waria
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2009 5:42:00 AM

@ mainat- real estate price rose since many were divesting/diverting from paper assets

I think its a short bull run aka a calf

Me first,U next
mwanahisa
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:00:00 AM

Mainat,

I don't completely agree with your conclusion but it is extremely hard to pick the bottom. So since most valuations are really good,it has certainly been worth getting into the market. As others have noted,Wall Street has already started recovering and other markets such as Hong Kong and South Korea have already seen moves of OVER 50% since the November 2007 lows. Some people have made SERIOUS money by going against the current.

To those who are noting that real estate prices have doubled in the last few years,it is also worth remembering stock prices quadrupled or more between 2002 and 2005. I for one have been disposing of my real estate holdings and putting the money to work in shares and some picks (e.g. Equity and KQ) have already yielded 40% return in less than 2 months.

Opportunity calls but few respond.
Tusker Baridi
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2009 7:23:00 AM

Even though the recession might have bottomed,I dont think the bear market is over. In fact,I believe stocks are overdue for a correction. Here in States,the stocks have had a 8 week rally,no way that is sustainable,you know why,coz the volume aint that great and there's a lot of money siting on the sideline waiting to get in after the next pullback.

Every great recession and depression has a massive rally,even during the Great depression,the markets rose 50% at one time only to plunge. So untill I see higher volumes,I will cautiously play this bear with my fingers at the trigger ready to bolt and preserve what I've already gained so far.

But when you play both sides of the market like I do,bear or bull run is good for business. For those of you with balls of steel( for the ladies,testicular fortitude) may I recommend to you some easy derivatives plays that have rewarded me big time during both the bull and the bear runs. These are Direxion Financial Bull 3X(NYSE: FAS) and its sister in crime: Direxion Financial Bear 3X(NYSE:FAZ). Like the 3X says,you get rewarded 3 times the average financial index return for the day. Take today for example,the financials soared on average about 9%,FAS soared 26% and FAZ plunged 26%.

I will not even bother try to explain how this works coz most derivatives are just too hard to understand in one tread posting(leave alone through finance graduate courses),but if you understand derivatives and is a risk taker,then welcome aboard. Word of caution,please dont hold these stocks overnight even if you're a derivatives pro,you will lose your shirt faster than you can say sell.