wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

PROPERTY FINANCING
oltome
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:47:29 AM

Greetings fellow Wazuans,i would like to seek advise on a suitable source of finance for a building project, i have already began the project and done with the ground floor all that remains is to lay the slab for the first floor, i tried looking for financing from Family Bank however i found their interest to be steep at 22%, could you kindly advise on a cheaper source of debt.
Swenani
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:56:06 AM

oltome wrote:
Greetings fellow Wazuans,i would like to seek advise on a suitable source of finance for a building project, i have already began the project and done with the ground floor all that remains is to lay the slab for the first floor, i tried looking for financing from Family Bank however i found their interest to be steep at 22%, could you kindly advise on a cheaper source of debt.

SACCO if you are a member of one
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Ngogoyo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:22:36 AM

Swenani wrote:
oltome wrote:

I am also following this. I have saved KES 1.2m and i have a potential plot 100by 100 at 1.4 (very cheap for the location) i need to build a small maisonette (3 bedroom) at max 2m.

Financing is a headache with my bank (KCB) giving me unsecured (my preference) at 22% for 48months max or 21% 36months.The problem with this is that i need 60 months to ensure repayment is manageable and yet for 60 they need me to secure it with title (i don't want to hang my title)

or i take mortgage which has so many requirements.

I need the project to be through within 4 months max so i can stop paying rent and channel it to the loan after topping up a little.
mawinder
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 5:08:55 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:
Swenani wrote:
oltome wrote:

I am also following this. I have saved KES 1.2m and i have a potential plot 100by 100 at 1.4 (very cheap for the location) i need to build a small maisonette (3 bedroom) at max 2m.

Financing is a headache with my bank (KCB) giving me unsecured (my preference) at 22% for 48months max or 21% 36months.The problem with this is that i need 60 months to ensure repayment is manageable and yet for 60 they need me to secure it with title (i don't want to hang my title)

or i take mortgage which has so many requirements.

I need the project to be through within 4 months max so i can stop paying rent and channel it to the loan after topping up a little.

Try KUSCCO
http://www.kuscco.com/in...&id=69&Itemid=93