wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Uhuruto Laptops Pilot Very Beutifully
Pastor M
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:27:02 AM

King G
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:56:03 AM

We dont want photos, we want the laptops. Does the 8k include eating.
Thieves
sheri
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:04:52 AM

King G wrote:

The piloting of the project is ongoing. The photos can attest to that.
masukuma
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:40:24 AM

sheri wrote:
King G wrote:

The piloting of the project is ongoing. The photos can attest to that.

looks like the One Laptop Per Child Project

http://one.laptop.org/
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
YoungMulla
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:44:40 AM

i still don't think this laptop project should have been the priority in education sector reforms.Employing more teachers, paying them better and building more schools should have been the first step.Then Govt. Should have started adding computers in high/secondary schools and continued working its way down to primary schools.
Before I die - i will touch the sky!!
freiks
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:52:00 AM

YoungMulla wrote:
i still don't think this laptop project should have been the priority in education sector reforms.Employing more teachers, paying them better and building more schools should have been the first step.Then Govt. Should have started adding computers in high/secondary schools and continued working its way down to primary schools.

I thought one day Uhuru said that he will not look at making salaries better for the teachers but make sure that he prepares the future generations by investing more on children. Thats exactly what the laptop project is supposed to achieve
Life is an endless adventure
washiku
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:52:17 AM

Lets expose these kids at an early age. That way, they may not need a lot of catching up when they meet their town peer later in life.
masukuma
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:00:47 AM

YoungMulla wrote:

its all about the amount of money for each of those items. laptops are not as expensive as you think. the amount per year is cheaper than 'employing more teachers', 'building more schools' and paying 250k teachers better.
YoungMulla
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:25:50 AM

masukuma wrote:
YoungMulla wrote:

its all about the amount of money for each of those items. laptops are not as expensive as you think. the amount per year is cheaper than 'employing more teachers', 'building more schools' and paying 250k teachers better.

Which begs the questions- Should emphasis be on cost or value of education? I agree its cheaper but you will still have teachers in those classrooms. Shouldn't the Govt's first emphasis be on improving current conditions.Most public schools are in deplorable conditions, laptops will not be very effective on those kids at the school's current state.

Gathige
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:00:15 AM

YoungMulla wrote:

@YoungMulla, It's quite the opposite. We do not need more teachers or schools to reach more kids. More innovative ways like digital content, more learning spaces ( away from the traditional schools) is the way to go.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Magigi
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:03:15 AM

King G wrote:
We don't want photos, we want the laptops. Does the 8k include eating.

Remember President Paul Kagame telling Larry Madowo that the laptops would be useless if the children were going to school hungry. The first thing he did was to make sure that the kids were fed.
YoungMulla
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:23:16 AM

Magigi wrote:
King G wrote:

Remember President Paul Kagame telling Larry Madowo that the laptops would be useless if the children were going to school hungry. The first thing he did was to make sure that the kids were fed.

That's what am talking about, it's an innovative idea but first create a condusive environment for it like teachers and well-built schools then bring in the laptops
Pastor M
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:41:53 AM

YoungMulla wrote:
Magigi wrote:
King G wrote:

That's what am talking about, it's an innovative idea but first create a condusive environment for it like teachers and well-built schools then bring in the laptops

Yes we have many issues which are pending and ongoing like schools have being build and still the gava is building more schools,teachers salaries are still being reviewed.....but I think we can not hold back this project untill all teachers are employed and happy with their salaries.Let it start now let the childrean from public schools have the same opportunity as their collegues in private schools....remember most of the academies offer computer lessons to their students.The public schools should also do the same.I suspect Most of the people opposing this project their childrean are already computer literate...
nesta
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:54:30 AM

YoungMulla wrote:

Which begs the questions- Should emphasis be on cost or value of education? I agree its cheaper but you will still have teachers in those classrooms. Shouldn't the Govt's first emphasis be on improving current conditions.Most public schools are in deplorable conditions, laptops will not be very effective on those kids at the school's current state.

Applause Applause Applause

I supported Jubilee, but one thing i realized is that it's all about goggles...

This project is entirely useless and a waste of public resources. Ask any wazuan whether with the laptops in public schools, he'll take his child to a public school and the answer will be a BIG NO!!! Reason? Those schools lack basic facilities..

This same person will take his child to a private school that doesn't have computers, but where children LEARN.

Anyone who has a simple understanding of the mess in public schools (I'm not talking about Muthaiga primary or Nairobi Primary,)will be traumatized by the thought of taking laptops to schools with a population of 700 pupils and 6 teachers
On Christ Alone
TAZ
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:00:37 PM

Pastor M wrote:
YoungMulla wrote:
Magigi wrote:
King G wrote:

Yes we have many issues which are pending and ongoing like schools have being build and still the gava is building more schools,teachers salaries are still being reviewed.....but I think we can not hold back this project untill all teachers are employed and happy with their salaries.Let it start now let the childrean from public schools have the same opportunity as their collegues in private schools....remember most of the academies offer computer lessons to their students.The public schools should also do the same.I suspect Most of the people opposing this project their childrean are already computer literate...

Applause Applause Applause

This project will be implemented in phases and there are so many public schools across the country that already have the capacity to fully implement the project. We also seem to forget that the govt set aside funds to employ more teachers.
harrydre
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:05:56 PM

acheni project iendelee. we have to move on with the times
i.am.back!!!!
masukuma
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:14:52 PM

hii project inaendelea regardless ya reservations zenu... @Mukiri hii ni kama ile Space Program ya India.... just because you have some poor people it does not mean we need to stop everything until they are sorted. Forwards ever!!
butterflyke
#18 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 6:47:40 AM

masukuma wrote:
YoungMulla wrote:

if we are talking about prices, hapo tuko sawa but what makes things expensive ni kandarasi...then we end up spending more instead of saving
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Mukiri
#19 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 7:19:26 AM

Pastor M wrote:
YoungMulla wrote:
Magigi wrote:
King G wrote:

We should be expecting young Wazuans anytime soon.

Proverbs 19:21
harrydre
#20 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 7:49:23 PM

masukuma wrote:
hii project inaendelea regardless ya reservations zenu... @Mukiri hii ni kama ile Space Program ya India.... just because you have some poor people it does not mean we need to stop everything until they are sorted. Forwards ever!!

apana u cant compare like that. i opposed the India one coz it has no immediate direct impact on it's shittyzens and the costs are humongous.

i.am.back!!!!