wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages<12345>»
What has your governor done for you?
FRM2011
#41 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 2:01:58 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Excetra1 wrote:
1. Kenyatta Stadium converted into a 10,000 seater, with new toilets, dressing rooms and a green pitch. Just one months ago, the place was just a patch of dry sand and dust.

2. Construction of the 'Machakos People's Park' a 35-Acre park which sits by Maruba Dam in Machakos Town. It has Africa's only field Amphitheater, and will be open on Thursday next week.

3. 40 tractors are already ploughing farms for free together with free seed in subsidized fertilizer in a Food Security Subsidy programme.

4. 2 million chicks are being given to the youth in the county.

5. 60 roads in 40 wards will from December 10,2013 start to be repaired and maintained.

6. From January 2014, Ksh. 464M will be used to upgrade 40 Healthcare Centers to Community Hospital standards each with a ward, x-rays lab, mini theatre and maternity.

7. 70 ambulances-one per location will be distributed from December 20th this year.

8. 140 police and specialized vehicles will be launched either late December 2013 or early January 2014. They are in transit in the open seas.

9. Machawood will open its doors in January next year.

10. Machakos Forensics and Research Centre will start operating on January 15, 2014.

11. 800 floodlights will be installed in the county between January and March 2014.

12. 500 CCTVs will be installed in the county by end of January 2014.

13. Water drilling rigs and excavators are on order and will be on the ground from February 2014 to dig 700 boreholes, 500 dams and water pans together with installation of 300 water tanks in Machakos County.

What has your Governor done for your County?

How are tenders for these contracts awarded? I have never seen advertisements for the tenders in the dailies as per govt regulations. Is this corruption/single sourcing reloaded? Add the purchase of used cars (the subarus) that's against govt procurement regulations.

@Jagger, gov. Mutua is a guy with fire in the belly. He hates bureaucracy and the people of machakos like it. What is worse, buying county execs prados worth 10mn after an open tender or spending 1.5mn through single sourcing. All the county reps and local mps prefer the latter.

Most of these projects were started before the guys could receive their LPOs. All contractors were prequalified and they are usually invited to
Submit tender applications after which an award letter is issued at a day afterwards. You proceed to the site as you wait for the LPO.

If you are a died-in-the-wool bureaucrat, you can't survive in the machakos county govt.
Forester
#42 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 3:06:19 PM

Buster wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
Excetra1 wrote:
1. Kenyatta Stadium converted into a 10,000 seater, with new toilets, dressing rooms and a green pitch. Just one months ago, the place was just a patch of dry sand and dust.

2. Construction of the 'Machakos People's Park' a 35-Acre park which sits by Maruba Dam in Machakos Town. It has Africa's only field Amphitheater, and will be open on Thursday next week.

3. 40 tractors are already ploughing farms for free together with free seed in subsidized fertilizer in a Food Security Subsidy programme.

4. 2 million chicks are being given to the youth in the county.

5. 60 roads in 40 wards will from December 10,2013 start to be repaired and maintained.

6. From January 2014, Ksh. 464M will be used to upgrade 40 Healthcare Centers to Community Hospital standards each with a ward, x-rays lab, mini theatre and maternity.

7. 70 ambulances-one per location will be distributed from December 20th this year.

8. 140 police and specialized vehicles will be launched either late December 2013 or early January 2014. They are in transit in the open seas.

9. Machawood will open its doors in January next year.

10. Machakos Forensics and Research Centre will start operating on January 15, 2014.

11. 800 floodlights will be installed in the county between January and March 2014.

12. 500 CCTVs will be installed in the county by end of January 2014.

13. Water drilling rigs and excavators are on order and will be on the ground from February 2014 to dig 700 boreholes, 500 dams and water pans together with installation of 300 water tanks in Machakos County.

What has your Governor done for your County?

How are tenders for these contracts awarded? I have never seen advertisements for the tenders in the dailies as per govt regulations. Is this corruption/single sourcing reloaded? Add the purchase of used cars (the subarus) that's against govt procurement regulations.

So this Human has flow after all... does anyone care? Go Mutua!

@Jagger, the tenders were in the dailies and i know several people ata wale small-timers who won the tenders.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Robinhood
#43 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 3:44:47 PM

safariant wrote:
Gov Nderitu Gachagua
Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:
safariant wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
My Gavana, a fellow in Nyeri, reminded me that Mutua's plans are just hot air, as his people need food aid every once in a while. He reminded me that since he has no grand plans of his own, Mutua and everyone else who dares to dream will fail.

That's what he had done for me.

He has come up with a brilliant idea of putting a bell in all bars in Nyeri. The at 10:45pm the barman rings the bell for last orders and bar closes at 11pm.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Please tell me you are kidding...As in seriously!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

School Bells in Nyeri Bars - min 1.40
d'oh! Pray

Baa zote zitakuwa na kengele kama ike ya chure Chida ya matamchi kweli
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
jguru
#44 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 4:35:19 PM

Organising beauty pageants (Miss Murang'a County)

"Lilian Wangui Rukwaro, a 23-year-old Kenyatta University student, is Miss Tourism Murang’a county 2013. She was crowned on Friday night by Murang’a Governor Mwangi Wa Iria at the Nokras Hotel in Murang’a town.

Lilian, who beat 15 other contestants, will compete with 46 other county winners for the Miss Tourism Kenya 2013 title on November 30.

The theme of the contest was to promote Muranga county as a tourism destination.

Wa Iria said the county has many natural resources among them the Aberdares Mountains, religious sites like the Mukurwe wa Nyagathang’a shrines and caves used by former freedom fighters as barracks and hide-outs during the struggle for independence. He said his administration is intent on exploiting all the opportunities to attract tourists to the county.

“We need to correct the image of the county by describing it positively to the visitors to invite investors. We must now stop humiliating our people by saying Murang’a is the home of the jiggers,” said Wa Iria.

Deputy Governor Gakure Monyo Murang’a has great tourism potential. Women’s representative Wanjiru Chege said she will reward the participants. She pledged to help Elizabeth Muthoni Ndugire, a 21-year-old househelp, to pursue her secondary education." (C+P)
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
freiks
#45 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 4:21:55 PM

http://standardmedia.co....rs-threaten-impeachment

Some good work here
Life is an endless adventure
Siringi
#46 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 1:00:27 PM

was put mchele @ club Octo-pussy smile
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
nakujua
#47 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 1:07:31 PM

my kiambu governor over the weekend led a youth against drugs walk.
Iganamagana
#48 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 2:08:21 PM

nakujua wrote:

Sad
Rankaz13
#49 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 11:29:04 PM

Look what Nyeri county is up to now.Sad
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Coolio
#50 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 4:36:37 PM

Kinuthia Mbugua has made many trips to China.
Nadondosha meli kubwa seuze ngalawa!
Lolest!
#51 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:31:44 AM

Iganamagana wrote:
nakujua wrote:

Sad

and now wants to revive cattle dips in rural areas of the county. Most farmers though practice zero grazing and it's hard to see a cow with ticks. The pilot dip will be in Kamirithu, Limuru
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Rankaz13
#52 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:59:49 PM

More and more absurd levies: Busia county's turn.Sad
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
murchr
#53 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 11:40:47 PM

Anyone with figures showing how much funds counties got? For instance how much did Bomet county get? How has Isac Ruto utilized his funds etv
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
harrydre
#54 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 11:48:55 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:

LOL, even to rear a dog, cow, goat or duck you pay some tax.

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/573b79z/-/index.html
i.am.back!!!!
kysse
#55 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 11:58:17 PM

harrydre wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

LOL, even to rear a dog, cow, goat or duck you pay some tax.

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/573b79z/-/index.html

You wait,soon some counties will tax households for engaging in conjugals.

ion-who knows the whereabouts of my governor k.
murchr
#56 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 12:56:47 AM

Truth be told, most of these govenors' objective was not to do anything for the benefit of wanjiku in the counties, but for them these counties were other eating channels. I only wish that the media will quit all the drama and start interogatting these people. Cheche tries but I get tired when Mutegi starts asking questions that are irrelevant
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Rankaz13
#57 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:20:51 AM

murchr wrote:
Anyone with figures showing how much funds counties got? For instance how much did Bomet county get? How has Isac Ruto utilized his funds etc

There was a table in the Sunday Nation I think in the last two weeks or so, complete with how much each got, how much remains & how much they've utilized.
murchr
#58 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 3:40:28 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
murchr wrote:
Anyone with figures showing how much funds counties got? For instance how much did Bomet county get? How has Isac Ruto utilized his funds etc

There was a table in the Sunday Nation I think in the last two weeks or so, complete with how much each got, how much remains & how much they've utilized.

Sina access ya hio, any digital?
butterflyke
#59 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 11:17:55 AM

murchr wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
murchr wrote:

RINK

Bomet gets quite a bit of mention in the report
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
harrydre
#60 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 2:58:49 PM

butterflyke wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
murchr wrote:

RINK

Bomet gets quite a bit of mention in the report

very sad that only 7% on average of total budgets is allocated to development. We will never develop.
i.am.back!!!!