wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages123>»
What has your governor done for you?
Excetra1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:20:16 PM

1. Kenyatta Stadium converted into a 10,000 seater, with new toilets, dressing rooms and a green pitch. Just one months ago, the place was just a patch of dry sand and dust.

2. Construction of the 'Machakos People's Park' a 35-Acre park which sits by Maruba Dam in Machakos Town. It has Africa's only field Amphitheater, and will be open on Thursday next week.

3. 40 tractors are already ploughing farms for free together with free seed in subsidized fertilizer in a Food Security Subsidy programme.

4. 2 million chicks are being given to the youth in the county.

5. 60 roads in 40 wards will from December 10,2013 start to be repaired and maintained.

6. From January 2014, Ksh. 464M will be used to upgrade 40 Healthcare Centers to Community Hospital standards each with a ward, x-rays lab, mini theatre and maternity.

7. 70 ambulances-one per location will be distributed from December 20th this year.

8. 140 police and specialized vehicles will be launched either late December 2013 or early January 2014. They are in transit in the open seas.

9. Machawood will open its doors in January next year.

10. Machakos Forensics and Research Centre will start operating on January 15, 2014.

11. 800 floodlights will be installed in the county between January and March 2014.

12. 500 CCTVs will be installed in the county by end of January 2014.

13. Water drilling rigs and excavators are on order and will be on the ground from February 2014 to dig 700 boreholes, 500 dams and water pans together with installation of 300 water tanks in Machakos County.

What has your Governor done for your County?
murchr
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:31:17 PM

5 Million Party for Mr Govenor's re-election smile
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
KulaRaha
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:48:14 PM

Speeches, cocktails, more empty speeches, traffic lights that dont work, potholes, opening of worthless workshops, slaps, advertising on KICC, more traffic, tweeting empty rhetoric.

My Governor has been very busy.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
kysse
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:46:47 PM

Well,he slapped one funny nbo woman
He has a big smile
He wore his tie the wrong way at a function
He met the president in his office

He has BIG plans for the city. Watch this space.

butterflyke
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:11:39 PM

kysse wrote:
He has a big smile

you mean prezzo met him in his (your governor's) office? smile
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
King G
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:17:56 PM

butterflyke wrote:
kysse wrote:
He has a big smile

kwani where have you been, prezo went to thank our Governor for a job well slapped!!! smile smile smile
Thieves
kysse
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:35:10 PM

King G wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
kysse wrote:
He has a big smile

kwani where have you been, prezo went to thank our Governor for a job well slapped!!! smile smile smile

eish, King,Butter isn't asking a question.Laughing out loudly
the last statement 'He met the president in 'his' office'implies that ,the governor paid prezzo a courtesy call and not the other way round.

or she could probably mean, it was an awe moment for the governor to host a prezzo.

eya, I Could be wrong, but again I could be right-rink tycho.

butterflyke
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:56:35 PM

kysse wrote:
King G wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
kysse wrote:
He has a big smile

eish, King,Butter isn't asking a question.Laughing out loudly
the last statement 'He met the president in 'his' office'implies that ,the governor paid prezzo a courtesy call and not the other way round.

or she could probably mean, it was an awe moment for the governor to host a prezzo.

eya, I Could be wrong, but again I could be right-rink tycho.

i meant it was the prezzo who 'walked' to the governor, not the other round Laughing out loudly
kysse
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:27:08 AM

butterflyke wrote:

i meant it was the prezzo who 'walked' to the governor, not the other round Laughing out loudly

Quote:
He has held several discussions with stakeholders in the transport sector on the introduction of a rapid bus transport system on the city’s transport corridors where public service buses will have a designated lane to ensure that they move efficiently, easing transport and saving time.

Gorvernor is in the process of developing the Nairobi Integrated Urban Development Master Plan (NIUPLAN). NIUPLAN seeks to integrate all existing sector plans in the city & align them to vision 2030.

He inspected the various projects being undertaken by the Nairobi City County Government.

The renovation work being done at the Kamukunji Grounds is almost complete and the facility will be open to the general public soon. I toured the surrounding Gikomba market, Burma market and the Uhuru Open Air market where I met with the traders, listened to their concerns and re-assured them of the County Government's commitment to creating a conducive environment for business people to conduct their activities.

He toured the Ruai sewer plant to assess its condition and met with the squatters who have been living in the surrounding land which belongs to the County Government.

He visited Githurai to evaluate the situation of the roads in the area. Though most of the roads are dilapidated and impassable, illegal constructions had sprung up deterring maintenance and repair efforts by the County Government.

He met members of the YPO - WPO (Young Presidents Organization - World President Organization) At Hotel Villa Rosa Kempinski to share and discuss security matters and how the Nairobi City County Government is working to provide a hygiene environment for business operations.

He signed an agreement with the Government of Belgium to support Disaster Management in Nairobi City

He hosted the Tusker Premier League Champions Gor Mahia at my office to express my appreciation and congratulate them for winning the most coveted trophy in the country.

He appointed Mr. Francis Munyambu, the current deputy police commissioner as the new Head of the Nairobi Metropolitan Police that will take over from the current City Inspectorate.

He Flagged off the GOTv Digitika Caravan, one of the initiative aimed at ensuring that Nairobi City becomes the first county to go digital in terms of TV broadcasting and in line with the Communications Commission of Kenya requirements.

He attended the groundbreaking ceremony at Kawangware sports ground which was organized by the Nairobi City County Government and Kenya Power Company

He launched several public water points at Kariobangi South Ward in Embakasi West Constituency.

He signed a waste collection and energy generation partnership agreement with Sustainable Energy Management..

#yawns#.
YoungMulla
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:16:01 AM

kysse wrote:
butterflyke wrote:

Quote:
He has held several discussions with stakeholders in the transport sector on the introduction of a rapid bus transport system on the city’s transport corridors where public service buses will have a designated lane to ensure that they move efficiently, easing transport and saving time.

Gorvernor is in the process of developing the Nairobi Integrated Urban Development Master Plan (NIUPLAN). NIUPLAN seeks to integrate all existing sector plans in the city & align them to vision 2030.

He inspected the various projects being undertaken by the Nairobi City County Government.

The renovation work being done at the Kamukunji Grounds is almost complete and the facility will be open to the general public soon. I toured the surrounding Gikomba market, Burma market and the Uhuru Open Air market where I met with the traders, listened to their concerns and re-assured them of the County Government's commitment to creating a conducive environment for business people to conduct their activities.

He toured the Ruai sewer plant to assess its condition and met with the squatters who have been living in the surrounding land which belongs to the County Government.

He visited Githurai to evaluate the situation of the roads in the area. Though most of the roads are dilapidated and impassable, illegal constructions had sprung up deterring maintenance and repair efforts by the County Government.

He met members of the YPO - WPO (Young Presidents Organization - World President Organization) At Hotel Villa Rosa Kempinski to share and discuss security matters and how the Nairobi City County Government is working to provide a hygiene environment for business operations.

He signed an agreement with the Government of Belgium to support Disaster Management in Nairobi City

He hosted the Tusker Premier League Champions Gor Mahia at my office to express my appreciation and congratulate them for winning the most coveted trophy in the country.

He appointed Mr. Francis Munyambu, the current deputy police commissioner as the new Head of the Nairobi Metropolitan Police that will take over from the current City Inspectorate.

He Flagged off the GOTv Digitika Caravan, one of the initiative aimed at ensuring that Nairobi City becomes the first county to go digital in terms of TV broadcasting and in line with the Communications Commission of Kenya requirements.

He attended the groundbreaking ceremony at Kawangware sports ground which was organized by the Nairobi City County Government and Kenya Power Company

He launched several public water points at Kariobangi South Ward in Embakasi West Constituency.

He signed a waste collection and energy generation partnership agreement with Sustainable Energy Management..

#yawns#.

We want tangible results like the ones people of mayakos are seeing
Before I die - i will touch the sky!!
kingfisher
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:50:36 AM

We will know by end of 2015 the best governors... for now it could just be hype from some quarters and stealthy strategies by others only to be visible with time and consistently... it too early guys.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Siringi
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:59:12 AM

smile The Chick that shall grow into a tough cockerel is seen the day it hatches ... Igbo Poroverb

kingfisher wrote:
We will know by end of 2015 the best governors... for now it could just be hype from some quarters and stealthy strategies by others only to be visible with time and consistently... it too early guys.

"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
butterflyke
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:14:22 AM

ask not what your governor has done for you, but what you have done for him

or

ask not what your governor has done for you, but what he has done for himself (yes, they are all men)

Laughing out loudly

butterflyke
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:16:08 AM

rpt

washiku
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:31:15 AM

Excetra1 wrote:
1. Kenyatta Stadium converted into a 10,000 seater, with new toilets, dressing rooms and a green pitch. Just one months ago, the place was just a patch of dry sand and dust.

2. Construction of the 'Machakos People's Park' a 35-Acre park which sits by Maruba Dam in Machakos Town. It has Africa's only field Amphitheater, and will be open on Thursday next week.

3. 40 tractors are already ploughing farms for free together with free seed in subsidized fertilizer in a Food Security Subsidy programme.

5. 60 roads in 40 wards will from December 10,2013 start to be repaired and maintained.

6. From January 2014, Ksh. 464M will be used to upgrade 40 Healthcare Centers to Community Hospital standards each with a ward, x-rays lab, mini theatre and maternity.

7. 70 ambulances-one per location will be distributed from December 20th this year.

8. 140 police and specialized vehicles will be launched either late December 2013 or early January 2014. They are in transit in the open seas.

10. Machakos Forensics and Research Centre will start operating on January 15, 2014.

11. 800 floodlights will be installed in the county between January and March 2014.

13. Water drilling rigs and excavators are on order and will be on the ground from February 2014 to dig 700 boreholes, 500 dams and water pans together with installation of 300 water tanks in Machakos County.

Still wondering which money this guy is using now that I keep hearing from the other side that the govt has refused to give money to the counties. They even want the allocation to be increased even before they show what they have done with what they already have...
YoungMulla
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:50:56 AM

washiku wrote:
Excetra1 wrote:

Still wondering which money this guy is using now that I keep hearing from the other side that the govt has refused to give money to the counties. They even want the allocation to be increased even before they show what they have done with what they already have...

True, those projects need quite some money, but don't let the governors fool you, the counties received a lot of money, some decided to buy guzzlers and expensive houses first.Mutua has been managing his money well, on top of that I think he's getting investors to chip in like with the city project
mukiha
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:33:22 AM

washiku wrote:
Excetra1 wrote:

Mutua has just revealed the true amount of money that is stolen...he simply put it to good use.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
tycho
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:17:11 AM

The only person who can do something for me is myself.
simonkabz
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:23:25 AM

The good people of Gatanga, after being used to very high standards, are wondering whatever hit them!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
YoungMulla
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:27:05 AM

simonkabz wrote:
The good people of Gatanga, after being used to very high standards, are wondering whatever hit them!

just like the people of Rarieda after kicking out Tuju. SHIDA YAO!!! Let it be a lesson to them