wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Sameer smeared?
Realtreaty
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:34:35 PM

After Firestone re-branded to Yana,did the international name it held go away making Yana look simple and drop in market value from what it used to be to what it is today?
Yana has stalled, the wheels are not revolving at the right speed.
The management (sameer investments) have taken hold of the remaining Bridgestone holding and hope this was in order to boost business than kill it.
smeerAfrica should source a partner who will be a good source of the much coveted "Raw materials". Malysia, Singapore, Thiland and China control much of the sources in Asia and Meralis should be better placed to do the necessary. The by-products of the oil find in Kenya need to be secured in improving the Sameer company, The matatu industry with Saccos could be targeted and offered better prices to buy Yna tyres.
Hope Merali is reading this.
King G
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:01:22 PM

Realtreaty wrote:

As if he cares Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Thieves
Rankaz13
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:02:39 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
After Firestone re-branded to Yana,did the international name it held go away making Yana look simple and drop in market value from what it used to be to what it is today?
Yana has stalled, the wheels are not revolving at the right speed.
The management (sameer investments) have taken hold of the remaining Bridgestone holding and hope this was in order to boost business than kill it.
smeerAfrica should source a partner who will be a good source of the much coveted "Raw materials". Malysia, Singapore, Thiland and China control much of the sources in Asia and Meralis should be better placed to do the necessary. The by-products of the oil find in Kenya need to be secured in improving the Sameer company, The matatu industry with Saccos could be targeted and offered better prices to buy Yana tyres.

The biggest problem I personally experienced about 3yrs back was a significant drop in tyre quality while prices kept going up. Their tyres rarely gave the expected mileage or lifespan. Thank God for the Indonesians (GTR,Maxxis) and Indians (Apollo) who offered reasonably priced but superior quality tyres. Buying Kenya to build Kenya doesn't mean I should tolerate inferior quality goods that are exorbitantly priced.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:41:08 AM

King G wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

As if he cares Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
#Truth
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Realtreaty
#5 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 11:50:19 AM

Applause that great as Merali has been reading my theories or others may assume I had insider info. But its true Sameer has refused to make money by getting an investor to help it source materials and inject capital and technology.
With its current biz, Yana (sameer) just needed a partner from Asia where rubber products can be easily sourced. Now that China is owning and investing in kenya say Foton motors, China Bridges, etc sameer could take that advantage to propell the company thro a partnership. Wheels re-exported from Egypt coming from Asia will be expensive if China camped here. Sameer can also rent its Biz park for partner offices.
So I am waiting to see Sameer clock its old place of 25-35 Kes soon.
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 12:45:06 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Applause that great as Merali has been reading my theories or others may assume I had insider info. But its true Sameer has refused to make money by getting an investor to help it source materials and inject capital and technology.
With its current biz, Yana (sameer) just needed a partner from Asia where rubber products can be easily sourced. Now that China is owning and investing in kenya say Foton motors, China Bridges, etc sameer could take that advantage to propell the company thro a partnership. Wheels re-exported from Egypt coming from Asia will be expensive if China camped here. Sameer can also rent its Biz park for partner offices.
So I am waiting to see Sameer clock its old place of 25-35 Kes soon.
Merali not you will make 25/- per share.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gordon Gekko
#7 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 1:06:39 PM

@Realtreaty, how will Sameer Business Park affect the Sameer Yana when they are completely separate entities??
FUNKY
#8 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 1:54:30 PM

This is the right time to get in to this bus before it starts taking off!!
Realtreaty
#9 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 2:53:06 PM

Sameer Business park diversified from sameerAfrica or Yana tyres. It is built on Sameer Africa or Yana industrial park using Yana profits. Shareholder dividends were witheld to build the business park.
Realtreaty
#10 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 3:38:07 PM

•The exit of Japanese multinational Bridgestone from Sameer Africa is set to pave way for a new strategic partner for the Kenyan tyre maker
•Sameer Africa said that the potential strategic partner first wants Bridgestone to cease being a shareholder in the locally listed firm
Gordon Gekko
#11 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 5:14:08 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Sameer Business park diversified from sameerAfrica or Yana tyres. It is built on Sameer Africa or Yana industrial park using Yana profits. Shareholder dividends were witheld to build the business park.

Were the Yana profits used to build the Business park a loan or equity injection? I maybe wrong, but I don't think Yana has any significant shareholding in the Business Park.
Realtreaty
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 12:37:50 AM

For sameer FY 2013 a Bonus issue may be in the offing a 1 for every 5 held which might see sameer share move from 280 K to 340 K. If they assume that is much the Directors may assume a DVDED of 50- 80 cents to cool our heels. Hope the Bridgestone affair is finalisedby Dec and all formalities done with a new partner who might chip in with technology and supply of raw materials from east of the world.
Horton
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 8:57:18 AM

I don't get this bonus issue excitement. No change in fundamentals.
Isn't Sameer business park part of SAMEER GROUP as opposed to the aforementioned stock SAMEER AFRICA?

Magnate
#14 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 12:27:51 PM

Sameer Africa Jumps to 2011 High on Stake Bets: Nairobi Mover

http://www.bloomberg.com...-bets-nairobi-mover.html
No diagnosis,no pragnosis,no pragnosis no profit......Jesse livermore
jawgey
#15 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 11:25:59 AM

Sameer.. any news?

Someone please comment on sameer. It's like a dead stock to me and i think its time to dispose if nothing is fourth-coming.
Seeing is believing
Angelica _ann
#16 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 11:28:10 AM

Guys gave up on this and left it at the mercy of Merali!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
muganda
#17 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 11:49:06 AM

Maybe the title should have been Merali any news?
Because I see he was a bit busy over the weekend and signed off for release result of some of his ducklings...

Sasini Ltd announces FY2013 results - PAT up +143.2% to KES 53.61mn http://www.nse.co.ke/listed-com...-ended-30-september-2013

Eveready Ltd announces FY 2013 results - Revenue flat, PAT down 35%to 45.4mn and EPS down to 0.22 http://www.nse.co.ke/listed-com...-ended-30-september-2013

FUNKY
#18 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 3:38:25 PM

Sameer traded at 7.50 today..
Realtreaty
#19 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 5:19:59 PM

Sameer might be late for good reasons. By this time last year they had got us know that there was no DVD apart from their interim 0.25 sh at half year. This time Merali might be contemplating a DVD and a bonus. The stock may jump to 17 Ke though it has been to a high of 35 ke when Kenya was not a country of imports. DVD of 50cts and a bonus of 1 for every 5????smile smile smile smile
dunkang
#20 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 5:54:05 PM

Now its sameer? OK. As @VVS says, Meralli is the last person to trust, so, before buying anything Merallic, be absolutely sure.

So, I wait to see those results before anything else.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi