wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Quails another Tulipmania?
madollar
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:50:29 AM

King G wrote:
Not heard of these stories, must be keeping wrong companysmile

You Just need to open your ears kidogo yesterday i was in bank a lady received a call all i could hear was "quari" "quari"
King G
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:54:11 AM

madollar wrote:
King G wrote:

You Just need to open your ears kidogo yesterday i was in bank a lady received a call all i could hear was "quari" "quari"

Killed it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Thieves
ZZE123
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:05:44 PM

King G wrote:
madollar wrote:
King G wrote:

Killed it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Mukiri
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:19:42 PM

tassia wrote:
... but we must not forget that we still have chicken farmers who are making money to date. Some chicken farmers have already switched to quail creating another opportunity for chicken farmers because this may lead to scarcity...

Already has. Someone tried to sell me Kienyeji eggs @25.

Proverbs 19:21
mukiha
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:20:12 PM

tassia wrote:
I started this business and had no idea so many people would jump into it. I started the business with the plan of selling eggs for consumption at Kshs 10 per egg. I decided to buy the incubator after I discovered that I needed to wait for about 2 months after booking chicks before they were delivered to me.

Now I have no option but to jump into the craze.

In the next three weeks, I expect to be getting 300 eggs per day. I will put them all in the incubator and I will sell the chicks. If I can have 200 of them survive per day at Kshs 400 per chick, that will be Kshs 80,000 per day and I guess it will not be bad and will only pray that it last for at least one month.

I know someone who gets about 1,000 eggs per day and incubates all. Do the math.

If you ask me, this is not a strange trend when you look at most businesses. An example is the mobile phones and accessories businesses and also the Safaricom agency. The pioneers of these in Kenya are all worth hundreds of millions and some more than a billion. Not many mobile shops are making good money today. Guys who started importing clothes in Thailand, Hongkong and Turkey made their money while most of the clothes businesses you see now are not making any money.

The prices of quail and quail products will come down but we must not forget that we still have chicken farmers who are making money to date. Some chicken farmers have already switched to quail creating another opportunity for chicken farmers because this may lead to scarcity. Even if the price of an egg was to fall to Kshs 7, quail business would still be more profitable that Chicken today.

It will be interesting to see how the demand of chicken is affected when the price of quail stabilizes. Will chicken consumers move to quail?

The fact that the amount of feed taken by one chicken is eaten by 5-7 quails and that quail can start hatching in 6-8 weeks and even hatch more eggs than chicken means that its products can be sold at far less price than chicken and still be able to make better profits than chicken. There are very high chances that there will be many people eating quails. Before the craze started, people were eating but the current prices can only be for breeders and not for consumption.

The above factors and others may just make this business last longer than we estimate. And lets not forget that this is in the food industry which will continue to expand as more and more people move to urban areas.

It's just a craze. Quail eggs are exotic, not mass market like telephone services [SCOM].

How man eggs does one bird lay in, say a month? Well-fed chicken can give you 28, the average is 20. What about quails?

What about feed? Chicken consume about Sh5 per day.

When the bubble bursts, will you make a profit selling the eggs at Sh3? I say sh3 because that's the much I would pay for those tiny little things!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Swenani
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:02:00 PM

Impunity wrote:
Ditto!
A quail egg selling for over 70 bob a piece is the craziest craze in town currently.
Na hata haisimamishi as alleged by the ontraprenuaz

Uko na chida ya kusimama?
@chepkel did you jumpstart ama kuliendaja?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:04:02 PM

butterflyke wrote:
YoungMulla wrote:
chaimani wrote:
YoungMulla wrote:
just like the rabbit craze... fools rush in.Those already doing it will make money in the short term selling to newcomers. The newcomers will burn their fingers with those tiny birds

kwani ni agricutural pylamid scheme !! d'oh! d'oh!

There is simply no demand. Who do you know that consumes quails or their eggs?? I bet none. But due to the hype of how much money is to be made, the breeders will sell to wanjikus and reap big. then the wanjikus will either have to convince someone else to buy for breeding purposes due to lack of real demand, and so the con continues.In the end when the hype dies (which wont be long), those left with the birds wont know what to do with them

there is this craze of demand illusion with people saying 'wazungu wanaipenda sana', that happened with pyrabbit. when it goes downhill.....

Mimi najua wazungu wanapenda pork...Try rearing pigs and report back here
Swenani
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:06:36 PM

King G wrote:

You drink or stay in the upper mido areas and bars...Hii mambo ya quilamid ni ya watu poor and lower mido crass
Swenani
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:13:15 PM

tassia wrote:
I started this business and had no idea so many people would jump into it. I started the business with the plan of selling eggs for consumption at Kshs 10 per egg. I decided to buy the incubator after I discovered that I needed to wait for about 2 months after booking chicks before they were delivered to me.

Now I have no option but to jump into the craze.

In the next three weeks, I expect to be getting 300 eggs per day. I will put them all in the incubator and I will sell the chicks. If I can have 200 of them survive per day at Kshs 400 per chick, that will be Kshs 80,000 per day and I guess it will not be bad and will only pray that it last for at least one month.

I know someone who gets about 1,000 eggs per day and incubates all. Do the math.

If you ask me, this is not a strange trend when you look at most businesses. An example is the mobile phones and accessories businesses and also the Safaricom agency. The pioneers of these in Kenya are all worth hundreds of millions and some more than a billion. Not many mobile shops are making good money today. Guys who started importing clothes in Thailand, Hongkong and Turkey made their money while most of the clothes businesses you see now are not making any money.

The prices of quail and quail products will come down but we must not forget that we still have chicken farmers who are making money to date. Some chicken farmers have already switched to quail creating another opportunity for chicken farmers because this may lead to scarcity. Even if the price of an egg was to fall to Kshs 7, quail business would still be more profitable that Chicken today.

It will be interesting to see how the demand of chicken is affected when the price of quail stabilizes. Will chicken consumers move to quail?

The fact that the amount of feed taken by one chicken is eaten by 5-7 quails and that quail can start hatching in 6-8 weeks and even hatch more eggs than chicken means that its products can be sold at far less price than chicken and still be able to make better profits than chicken. There are very high chances that there will be many people eating quails. Before the craze started, people were eating but the current prices can only be for breeders and not for consumption.

The above factors and others may just make this business last longer than we estimate. And lets not forget that this is in the food industry which will continue to expand as more and more people move to urban areas.

Okay..So ukisha incubate mnauza hizo kweils kwa restaurant gani hata mimi niende ni taste hio kweili?

Ati mayai at 10bob....Is this true or a fantasy? U need almost like 20 eggs to make one chicken egg .sasa nani ataspend 300 bob kwa mayai ya breakfast for a family of 3?
jaggernaut
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:26:39 PM

King G wrote:

You should start spending more time with watu wa biachara, not just giniwasekao fans.
tycho
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:41:45 PM

The baseline for whether quail can sell or not and how much it can make is on nutritional value, 'utility', and marketing.

If it's true that a quails' egg has more nutrition value as I have seen on several sites, and that indeed it can be used for treatment of diseases, then there must be a market for these products.

I think what's happening now is merely a beginning of the opening of market for quail and quail products. And we shouldn't assume that because we don't use quail products now, the situation will remain so forever.

Or that one buys a chicken egg for ten shillings because of its size.

I think there's an opportunity here.
Much Know
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:43:31 PM

Keep the Quails & Rabbits, I know Amaica Restaurant, spring valley, and Milimni serve quail, many more will come, African Food will be a global bestseller, leave the skeptics, even some restaurants serving grasshoppers in burgers in high end Manhattan New York! You won't go wrong, healthier than the steroid pumped foreign bred fowl we are sold.
A New Kenya
iller
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:06:04 PM

Swenani wrote:
King G wrote:

You drink or stay in the upper mido areas and bars...Hii mambo ya quilamid ni ya watu poor and lower mido crass

Applause Applause Applause Congrats for the promo to User. Why did ladmin clip your wings?
Swenani
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:09:07 PM

Much Know wrote:
Keep the Quails & Rabbits, I know Amaica Restaurant, spring valley, and Milimni serve quail, many more will come, African Food will be a global bestseller, leave the skeptics, even some restaurants serving grasshoppers in burgers in high end Manhattan New York! You won't go wrong, healthier than the steroid pumped foreign bred fowl we are sold.

Why is managu,saga,terere etc no overpriced.In western Kenya,people have been keeping rabbits,doves and quails for a long period of time...Not for commercial purposes but for consumption.

Why is it that people have realized the nutritional value of quails and rabbits now?

Manhattan sio kenya?In kenya we are seen to be doing better if we take junk food and poor when we eat managu,kunde na mihogo
Much Know
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:40:44 PM

Swenani wrote:

Why is it that people have realized the nutritional value of quails and rabbits now?
Manhattan sio kenya?In kenya we are seen to be doing better if we take junk food and poor when we eat managu,kunde na mihogo

Some highly esteemed scientist calls it a 'psychological' disease, and he believes there is a cure!, personally think it is a concept called Ubarbie!
A New Kenya
Gathige
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:41:58 PM

madollar wrote:
King G wrote:

@madollar, You should have paparazid her deposit slip too uone kama the quari quari storo collaborated. The rate at which quails are hyped, she may have been carrying gunny bags of cash!
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
jaggernaut
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 3:45:22 PM

Swenani wrote:
Much Know wrote:

Why is managu,saga,terere etc no overpriced.In western Kenya,people have been keeping rabbits,doves and quails for a long period of time...Not for commercial purposes but for consumption.

You just have to see the queues hapo KFC to realise that this quail thing will be a hard sell.
Lolest!
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:04:33 PM

tassia wrote:

You can't compare the 2 sir! This can only be compared to rabbbits. The other cases you've mentioned had demand but suppliers were few. when suppliers flooded, they spoiled for the existing suppliers. But demand was there!
The prices of quail and quail products will come down but we must not forget that we still have chicken farmers who are making money to date.
Because we eat chicken!Most Kenyans consider it a delicacy!
Some chicken farmers have already switched to quail creating another opportunity for chicken farmers because this may lead to scarcity. Even if the price of an egg was to fall to Kshs 7, quail business would still be more profitable that Chicken today.

no they wont. we are very conservative

There are very high chances that there will be many people eating quails.

I heard this story during the rabbit craze. Rabbit meat was said to be of far greater nutritional value than kawa red meats. Alleged demand in big hotels, abroad(was it China?) etc. But even locally, the pyrabbit schemers told us we couldn't satisfy demand and even after doing so, we just needed to educate more people on benefits of rabbit and voila! big market locally too! never happened

All the best kaka. Be sure to watch for the signs whn it starts crumbling. Then exit by selling your stock very cheap. Happy returns!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:09:44 PM

Swenani wrote:

Okay..So ukisha incubate mnauza hizo kweils kwa restaurant gani hata mimi niende ni taste hio kweili?

Ati mayai at 10bob....Is this true or a fantasy? U need almost like 20 eggs to make one chicken egg .sasa nani ataspend 300 bob kwa mayai ya breakfast for a family of 3?

it's actually 30 bob for each unfertilized egg! I wish I was a prophet I know when it will collapse
Lolest!
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:12:54 PM

mukiha wrote:

When the bubble bursts, will you make a profit selling the eggs at Sh3? I say sh3 because that's the much I would pay for those tiny little things!

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Reality check!!Quailamid proponents on social media think it can't go below ten!