wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Murang'a Investments Cooperative Society
The optimist
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:45:20 AM

I have seen this ad regarding this new Muranga Investment Cooperative society being championed by the Governor of Muranga Mwangi wa Iria.

Does anyone have more info about it or could it be another ponzi?

Their website
xtina
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 1:47:47 PM

My neighbor has already applied, and keeps telling me to join. From their website, I see they have support from Deloitte, Coop and Equity Banks. I wish they would put up the names of the Board/Managers, a strategic and/or governance plan of some sort, considering this is Kenya and the governor may or may not make it in the next election.
guru267
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 7:26:12 PM

Im already a member though I have invested negligible funds because the risks in this thing are immeasurable!

Anyhow I have seen too many of these things explode and create fortunes to let another pass me by!

Don't put your life savings though..
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 7:32:21 PM

Muranga..... report back after 5 years.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
BGL
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 8:39:16 PM

History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
Am
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:00:09 PM

guru267 wrote:
Im already a member though I have invested negligible funds because the risks in this thing are immeasurable!

Anyhow I have seen too many of these things explode and create fortunes to let another pass me by!

@Guru, What is it all about. It is a Sacco Kind of Thing and where can One get more details? They have an office?

Please help.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
Am
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:02:34 PM

guru267 wrote:

@Guru, What is it all about. It is a Sacco Kind of Thing and where can One get more details? They have an office?

Please help.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
guru267
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:17:49 PM

Am wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Please help.

@Am its more of an investment society rather than a SACCO which lends deposits back to customers... Here investors deposits will be used for infrastructure development...

Their offices are at the County Government HQ but more are likely to be rolled out after the fund grows...

Cell: +254 722 135052 or +254 722 135032

E-mail: info@murangainvestmentscoop.co.ke
Gathige
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 10:58:41 AM

I like the song in their TV adv--- shilingi kwa shilingi i haiiii---
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Am
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 3:21:10 PM

guru267 wrote:
Am wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Please help.

@Am its more of an investment society rather than a SACCO which lends deposits back to customers... Here investors deposits will be used for infrastructure development...

Their offices are at the County Government HQ but more are likely to be rolled out after the fund grows...

Cell: +254 722 135052 or +254 722 135032

E-mail: info@murangainvestmentscoop.co.ke

Many thanks @Guru. Interested. Will Kontact or even Visit soon.
xtina
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:48:16 PM

BGL wrote:

@BGL, I would love to hear your opinion on this. Please respond smile
BGL
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:20:07 PM

xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:

Mwangi wa Iria the current governor of Muranga county did well to revive new KCC but this is a county empowerment THING and the stakes are too high if the governor hand picks his cronies.

Currently sitting on the fence but i will join (i) as soon as they make their board members public or (ii) after they have held their AGM and i have the director/chaiman report on their way forward.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
xtina
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:14:47 PM

BGL wrote:
xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:

Mwangi wa Iria the current governor of Muranga county did well to revive new KCC but this is a county empowerment THING and the stakes are too high if the governor hand picks his cronies.

Currently sitting on the fence but i will join (i) as soon as they make their board members public or (ii) after they have held their AGM and i have the director/chaiman report on their way forward.

Thanks smile Applause As I alluded in my earlier post, I would have also liked to see the Management Board/governance structure as well as the strategic plan/report before I make any move. But as guru has done, it wouldn't hurt to put it in negligible funds smile How is FEP doing?
BGL
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:22:07 PM

xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:
xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:

Thanks smile Applause As I alluded in my earlier post, I would have also liked to see the Management Board/governance structure as well as the strategic plan/report before I make any move. But as guru has done, it wouldn't hurt to put it in negligible funds smile How is FEP doing?

FEP is doing fine, You are welcome for annual investment dinner on Friday (13.12.2013) at Laico regency and you will get to learn all about what is going on.

By the way, The structure for the sagana hotel is almost done and the chinese will be relocating to Lukenya to construct a club house in 2014.

Currently the hashtag is #join the movement another project with its roots in MURANGA. One and only UNAITAS.

guru267
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:12:07 PM

I was at Unaitas offices today and I'm proud to finally be a member! smile
BGL
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:14:26 PM

guru267 wrote:
I was at Unaitas offices today and I'm proud to finally be a member!Sick quot; :d/

Thanks for joining the movement Mme Guru
washiku
#17 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 8:49:06 PM

BGL wrote:
xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:

I have read in today's paper that the fund will be managed by deloitte to allow accountability. But as you say, it requires more disclosure, given that a governor is on power just for 5 years, or at most 10 years, what happens to the coop society in case the incoming governor is not for it? Who are the Board members? What are the by-laws?
simonkabz
#18 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 10:04:08 PM

washiku wrote:
BGL wrote:
xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:

I have read in today's paper that the fund will be managed by deloitte to allow accountability. But as you say, it requires more disclosure, given that a governor is on power just for 5 years, or at most 10 years, what happens to the coop society in case the incoming governor is not for it? Who are the Board members? What are the by-laws?

Give Mwangi just 4 years. Any indicator what might happen to this outfit after he is ousted by the frustrated residents?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
BGL
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:15:37 AM

washiku wrote:
BGL wrote:
xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:

Accountability........ well, it may mean different thing if you do some sampling......hapa kule news stylesmile. Do not just invest because of deloitte or any other big firm. Do your homework first.

Mind you!!!! CMC was still being audited by one of the big four firms when directors where pillaging company finances.
xtina
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:36:12 PM

BGL wrote:
washiku wrote:
BGL wrote:
xtina wrote:
BGL wrote:

Accountability........ well, it may mean different thing if you do some sampling......hapa kule news stylesmile. Do not just invest because of deloitte or any other big firm. Do your homework first.

Mind you!!!! CMC was still being audited by one of the big four firms when directors where pillaging company finances.

I really do hope Gov. Mwangi would stop holding back as it appears there is interest but very little info is in public domain.