wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

51 Pages«<4041424344>»
Sonko for Nairobi Governor
Angelica _ann
#821 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 1:55:18 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
Shimo la Tewa Maximum Security Prison has said in court documents that Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko Mbuvi, aka Mbuvi Gidion Kioko, needs to be charged with escaping from prison and serve his remaining sentence.

In response to an inquiry by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), prisons authorities said “that Shimo la Tewa Prison indicated that the prisoner Mbuvi Gidion Kioko should serve the pending sentence as well as be charged for the offence of escaping from prison.”

Man is being forced to resign?

This is malice.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Bigchick
#822 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:15:34 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
Shimo la Tewa Maximum Security Prison has said in court documents that Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko Mbuvi, aka Mbuvi Gidion Kioko, needs to be charged with escaping from prison and serve his remaining sentence.

In response to an inquiry by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), prisons authorities said “that Shimo la Tewa Prison indicated that the prisoner Mbuvi Gidion Kioko should serve the pending sentence as well as be charged for the offence of escaping from prison.”

This is malice.

Are the issues at hand real and factual?

If yes then let the law take its course.

Above all if it happens,we shall have restored the dignity of the Capital City of Kenya.We shall get rid of the drug thug as a governor.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
kaka2za
#823 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 4:02:55 PM

So this guy has just been stealing like Kidero and to make it worse he is an escaped convict.
No wonder he never wanted to appoint a deputy governor.

Can the courts now show they have balls and order he completes his sentence and also convict him for escaping from jail?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
wukan
#824 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 9:36:16 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

This is malice.

It was front page news on Monday, May 18,1998. The East African Standard copy is circulating huko twitter. Sema jamaa kulimwo

Sonko should stop listening to Drake "City is mine". It doesn't work that way kwa groundLaughing out loudly
passiveinvestor
#825 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 10:02:28 AM

kaka2za wrote:
So this guy has just been stealing like Kidero and to make it worse he is an escaped convict.

Can the courts now show they have balls and order he completes his sentence and also convict him for escaping from jail?

Kidero was smooth and quiet. No social media, handling cases in silence, etc.
AlphDoti
#826 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 12:12:15 PM

passiveinvestor wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Unfortunately, he quietly handled no issue! When I visited Nairobi I could see all the potholes in Estate roads, including Westlands Church road where my business of interest is located, and the residents continuously complained of water problems. But lately, when I'm there, the tanks are full of water, courtesy of Sonko.

NB: I do not support Sonko as a leader!
kaka2za
#827 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 3:25:24 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
passiveinvestor wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Unfortunately, he quietly handled no issue! When I visited Nairobi I could see all the potholes in Estate roads, including Westlands Church road where my business of interest is located, and the residents continuously complained of water problems. But lately, when I'm there, the tanks are full of water, courtesy of Sonko.

NB: I do not support Sonko as a leader!

The problem is that we are so desperate that the provision of basic services such as water (in the Westlands of all places) seems like a big development.

The provision of services is not a favour and doesn't justify stealing.

Former president of Brazil,Luiz Lula Silva did great things for his country but he was later sentenced to 12 years in prison and jailed on 7 April 2018 on charges of money laundering and passive corruption
(James Russell Rowell)
radiomast
#828 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 5:22:25 PM

kaka2za wrote:

Moving Naija government operations to Abuja didn't decongest Lagos.
Please share one example where the population of a city has reduced by 50% using the suggested measures.

Again I am not proposing the creation of a new capital. I am proposing the decongestion of the city by moving government operations out of the city and incentivizing the private sector to relocate their operations out of the city.

I have 3 observations on Abuja

1. The Naija government was not aggressive enough. In fact many government agencies are still located in Lagos
2. They did not incentive the private sector to leave Lagos
3. The Abuja government has been discouraging mass migration to Abuja in order to maintain the City's pristine condition. In fact there has been massive demolition of informal settlements and evictions from the city.
kaka2za
#829 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 6:20:14 PM

radiomast wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Moving Naija government operations to Abuja didn't decongest Lagos.
Please share one example where the population of a city has reduced by 50% using the suggested measures.

Again I am not proposing the creation of a new capital. I am proposing the decongestion of the city by moving government operations out of the city and incentivizing the private sector to relocate their operations out of the city.

I have 3 observations on Abuja

1. The Naija government was not aggressive enough. In fact many government agencies are still located in Lagos
2. They did not incentive the private sector to leave Lagos
3. The Abuja government has been discouraging mass migration to Abuja in order to maintain the City's pristine condition. In fact there has been massive demolition of informal settlements and evictions from the city.

@Radio that has already happened. Few people come to do banking in the CBD and most malls are out of the city.
However, no business operates on its own and it would be pointless to move one business unit.
Kenya has done relatively well in promoting growth of towns other than capital. Do you know any other city in Uganda for example except Kampala?

(James Russell Rowell)
radiomast
#830 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 9:36:14 PM

kaka2za wrote:

@Radio that has already happened. Few people come to do banking in the CBD and most malls are out of the city.

Moving malls and services out of the city is not gonna cut it. Last I checked, the City is still chocking in endless traffic, water shortages, lack of sanitation, incessant flooding, inadequate housing, lack of open spaces......

All these are getting worse. So what problem have we solved?

Quote:
However, no business operates on its own and it would be pointless to move one business unit.

I am not even sure what you are saying here. Relocating jobs means relocating people. Which means fewer people live in the city and its environs.

Quote:
Kenya has done relatively well in promoting growth of towns other than capital.

Clearly we havent.

In 1985, 5% of Kenyans lived in Nairobi. Today 10% of Kenyans live in Nairobi. The proportion of Kenyans living in Nairobi has doubled which means most people want to migrate to the city. Other towns are not much of an option

Compare this with New York for example. In 1985, New York had 3.2 % of the population of the USA. Today that proportion has reduced to 2.5%. Thats means they are doing a good job of promoting other cities.

Quote:
Do you know any other city in Uganda for example except Kampala?

I don't know if this is a serious question.
In any case if we want the country to progress then why should we compare ourselves with Uganda which is another sheet-hole?
This is like a parent reading their child's report form when the child was number 49 out of 50 and the parent responds by saying "At least you are not last"
kaka2za
#831 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 11:30:08 PM

radiomast wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Moving malls and services out of the city is not gonna cut it. Last I checked, the City is still chocking in endless traffic, water shortages, lack of sanitation, incessant flooding, inadequate housing, lack of open spaces......

All these are getting worse. So what problem have we solved?

Quote:

I am not even sure what you are saying here. Relocating jobs means relocating people. Which means fewer people live in the city and its environs.

Quote:
Kenya has done relatively well in promoting growth of towns other than capital.

Clearly we havent.

In 1985, 5% of Kenyans lived in Nairobi. Today 10% of Kenyans live in Nairobi. The proportion of Kenyans living in Nairobi has doubled which means most people want to migrate to the city. Other towns are not much of an option

Compare this with New York for example. In 1985, New York had 3.2 % of the population of the USA. Today that proportion has reduced to 2.5%. Thats means they are doing a good job of promoting other cities.

Quote:
Do you know any other city in Uganda for example except Kampala?

I don't know if this is a serious question.
In any case if we want the country to progress then why should we compare ourselves with Uganda which is another sheet-hole?
This is like a parent reading their child's report form when the child was number 49 out of 50 and the parent responds by saying "At least you are not last"

Isn't a tad disappointing that USA have only managed to reduce New York city population by only 0.7% in 30 years while you expect Nairobi to reduce by 50%?
(James Russell Rowell)
radiomast
#832 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:15:45 PM

kaka2za wrote:

Isn't a tad disappointing that USA have only managed to reduce New York city population by only 0.7% in 30 years while you expect Nairobi to reduce by 50%?

New York doesn't even need to reduce their population. They don't have the problems of Nairobi vis a vis water shortages, endless traffic, seasonal flooding, inadequate housing, piles of uncollected garbage, lack of roads, insecurity, crime, joblessness, lack of sanitation etc etc.

In fact New York has enough infrastructure to expand further. And since the City follows a master plan, the expansion will be orderly.

Imagine if you tell a person that he is sick and needs to go see a Doctor. And he points to a healthy person and asks why that healthy person is not being told to see a Doctor. Nairobi is the sick person pointing at New York. And Nairobi will only get worse.

Nairobi is definitely going to grow population wise. As land becomes scarce huko mashinani, more youth will move to Nairobi because there are scarcely any other viable options. Which means in 10 years the problems you see will be much worse.

Kenya government needs to start being proactive. Sonko can't fix everything by himself. The problems of Nairobi were caused by corruption and incomptence in the national government. 50 years of corruption and incompetence has brought us here. Now the national government should take the lead in fixing it. Sonko can't decongest Nairobi by himself.

wukan
#833 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 11:49:25 AM

wukan wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
I said it here before that land belonging to Juja road Primary school, Racecourse road primary school and other public schools along General Waruinge road(Colditz included) are under sieke from members of a certain wealthy community that dominates businesses in some parts of Eastlands. Sonko has mulikad them. Nairobians should strongly resist grabbing of remaining public land otherwise your kids will be playing under fly-overs just like Kids in Roysambu and Kasarani do. These people should go and develop their ancestral land which is very vast and sparsely populated and leave Nairobi empty spaces alone for our kids to play and go to school.

Sonko's problems are with the 'deep state' and as CJ Maraga said "Kenya ina wenyewe". Sonko is exhibiting the characteristics of François Duvalier aka 'Papa Doc' you should google the kind of mess that man put Haiti into with his populism. Republics do not recover from these kind of messes.

Pablo "escape bar" chose not to listen to 'wenye nairobi'. Mido class gave him a chance and he chose to waste it and he failed them. He's now toxic.
Njunge
#834 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 12:07:03 PM

Arrested......
passiveinvestor
#835 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 12:22:37 PM

wukan wrote:
wukan wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
I said it here before that land belonging to Juja road Primary school, Racecourse road primary school and other public schools along General Waruinge road(Colditz included) are under sieke from members of a certain wealthy community that dominates businesses in some parts of Eastlands. Sonko has mulikad them. Nairobians should strongly resist grabbing of remaining public land otherwise your kids will be playing under fly-overs just like Kids in Roysambu and Kasarani do. These people should go and develop their ancestral land which is very vast and sparsely populated and leave Nairobi empty spaces alone for our kids to play and go to school.

Sonko's problems are with the 'deep state' and as CJ Maraga said "Kenya ina wenyewe". Sonko is exhibiting the characteristics of François Duvalier aka 'Papa Doc' you should google the kind of mess that man put Haiti into with his populism. Republics do not recover from these kind of messes.

Pablo "escape bar" chose not to listen to 'wenye nairobi'. Mido class gave him a chance and he chose to waste it and he failed them. He's now toxic.

He was not just NOT LISTENING, he was openly mocking all, whether "the owners" or the average, non-connected electorate / residents.
wukan
#836 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 12:30:25 PM

Njunge wrote:
Arrested......

EACC says he was escaping arrest. Is it true he was on way to TZ?
alma1
#837 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 12:48:57 PM

wukan wrote:
Njunge wrote:
Arrested......

I have said before on this forum. Many of the current lot of looters shall not be in the ballot in 2022.

I hope the DPP can show he was trying to escape, kakaendani kama Jowie.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Njunge
#838 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 12:51:27 PM

wukan wrote:
Njunge wrote:
Arrested......

Possibly....but he may claim he was taking himself back to Shimo La Tewa😀
Njunge
#839 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 12:56:35 PM

alma1 wrote:
wukan wrote:
[quote=Njunge]Arrested......

I hope the DPP can show he was trying to escape, kakaendani kama Jowie.

I think the prosecution will claim Sonko is a flight risk following his escape from Shimo...or better still, hand him to Shimo to finish his jail term as he fights this New case. Fellow thief Waititu must be laughing his arse off!
Fyatu
#840 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 2:38:02 PM

If Sonko tried pulling this stunt in Rwanda, he would have been caned thoroughly by junior police offices(constables).Now the justice system headed by my buddy the CJ should work fast and conclude this case.

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money