wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

51 Pages«<3940414243>»
Sonko for Nairobi Governor
Sansa
#801 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 5:47:26 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Kitui Textiles

I wonder whether they look like those blue poorly made police uniforms.
Lolest!
#802 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 6:21:17 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Kitui Textiles

Why is this one here yawa?????

Pole, intended it for What has your gavana done for you thread. Wacha niitafute
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
hardwood
#803 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2019 10:28:19 AM

Now Dr Sonko....

https://www.the-star.co....ubai-for-social-change/

Quote:
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko was on Wednesday awarded an honorary doctorate of Excellence by the European Digital University at the University of Dubai.

Director of Communications Elkana Jacob told the Star in a phone call interview that the degree was awarded to Sonko for his positive role in changing the society.

"The Doctor of Excellence Honoris Causa is a recognized mark of professional excellence and ability, outstanding professional career, services to the humankind and international achievements," he said.

Dressed in a crimson red gown and a matching graduation cap, the Nairobi County boss expressed his gratitude in his thanksgiving speech in Dubai University campus.

"When I embarked on these community initiatives, I at no point imagined that one day my little efforts would attract global recognition," Sonko said.

Chancellor of the European Digital University Prof.Sidhic A. Muhammed said without service to mankind, life is meaningless.

"The quality of life is increased when we help each other out," Muhammed said.
Sansa
#804 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:46:06 PM

hardwood wrote:
Now Dr Sonko....

Quote:
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko was on Wednesday awarded an honorary doctorate of Excellence by the European Digital University at the University of Dubai.

Is this even a real university? Can't find a website for European Digital University.
harrydre
#805 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2019 12:29:27 PM

Sansa wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Now Dr Sonko....

Quote:

Is this even a real university? Can't find a website for European Digital University.

What a joke!
i.am.back!!!!
Shak
#806 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2019 1:28:47 PM

wukan
#807 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 9:23:46 AM

so that's why he was trending on twitter kweli when it rains it pours

Quote:
Detectives have established the complex money trail, almost similar to a tactic used by Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu to get cash from the county.

“It’s alleged that the companies that won the garbage collection tenders after receipt of payments from Nairobi City County Government through proxies and sister companies made payments of over Sh20 million to Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko—through his bank accounts,” an EACC document seen by the Star states.
https://www.the-star.co....sh20m-to-sonko-account/
Angelica _ann
#808 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2019 1:03:09 AM

What is happening to Nairobi Governor. He seems not to care nowadays about his county!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
newfarer
#809 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2019 6:02:13 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
What is happening to Nairobi Governor. He seems not to care nowadays about his county!!!

yea the city is stinking.. shit spewing on open drainages ..pitia upperhill,muthurwa etc ujionee
punda amecheka
Fyatu
#810 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 8:31:54 AM

I said it here before that land belonging to Juja road Primary school, Racecourse road primary school and other public schools along General Waruinge road(Colditz included) are under sieke from members of a certain wealthy community that dominates businesses in some parts of Eastlands. Sonko has mulikad them. Nairobians should strongly resist grabbing of remaining public land otherwise your kids will be playing under fly-overs just like Kids in Roysambu and Kasarani do. These people should go and develop their ancestral land which is very vast and sparsely populated and leave Nairobi empty spaces alone for our kids to play and go to school.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
freiks
#811 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 9:20:28 AM

Fyatu wrote:
I said it here before that land belonging to Juja road Primary school, Racecourse road primary school and other public schools along General Waruinge road(Colditz included) are under sieke from members of a certain wealthy community that dominates businesses in some parts of Eastlands. Sonko has mulikad them. Nairobians should strongly resist grabbing of remaining public land otherwise your kids will be playing under fly-overs just like Kids in Roysambu and Kasarani do. These people should go and develop their ancestral land which is very vast and sparsely populated and leave Nairobi empty spaces alone for our kids to play and go to school.

And it seems even Super Senator has his hand in the jar of the land grabbers with likes of Arati and co.
Life is an endless adventure
Fyatu
#812 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 11:17:08 AM

freiks wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

And it seems even Super Senator has his hand in the jar of the land grabbers with likes of Arati and co.

Bure kabisa that overrated super senator of yours.....hapa hakuna kitu other than kizungu mingi and zero sense.

There is a primary school known as Pangani primary School and and another one known as Ainsworth Primary school. Google map them as well as Racecourse primary school and see what your super senator and his pay masters want to grab. Sonko has said NO and given his track record in dealing with these land grabbers, i'm with him 100%. Your so called super senator and akina Arati are in support of land grabbers of Pangani and Pumwanui areas.

The other day, the useless comedian MP for Dagoretti was crying crocodile tears when a school in his constituency collapsed and killed innocent kids. He is on record blaming land-grabbing as the cause of lack of land to build public facilities for an ever growing population. Yet, the not-funny comedian and your super senator was on the frontline crying eti Sonko arudishe yule waria/walalo land grabber to city hall. Sonko should resist kabisa.

Back to Pangani, there is an estate known as Burhan Estate between Pumwani primay school and Pangani primary school. This estate is built on grabbed public land belonging to these schools. I can say this authoritatively because i used to roam there with my buddies "hunting" for birds in the 80's.

This is the link of the area i'm talking about LINK. Notice how Pumwani Pri. Scool land has been annexed. Also take a close look at Racecourse Pri. School. Notice there is a ka-fence already separating the school and the road bordering Pangani pri. school.
wukan
#813 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 2:11:42 PM

Fyatu wrote:

Sonko's problems are with the 'deep state' and as CJ Maraga said "Kenya ina wenyewe". Sonko is exhibiting the characteristics of François Duvalier aka 'Papa Doc' you should google the kind of mess that man put Haiti into with his populism. Republics do not recover from these kind of messes.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#814 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 4:20:11 PM

Fyatu wrote:
freiks wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Bure kabisa that overrated super senator of yours.....hapa hakuna kitu other than kizungu mingi and zero sense.

There is a primary school known as Pangani primary School and and another one known as Ainsworth Primary school. Google map them as well as Racecourse primary school and see what your super senator and his pay masters want to grab. Sonko has said NO and given his track record in dealing with these land grabbers, i'm with him 100%. Your so called super senator and akina Arati are in support of land grabbers of Pangani and Pumwanui areas.

The other day, the useless comedian MP for Dagoretti was crying crocodile tears when a school in his constituency collapsed and killed innocent kids. He is on record blaming land-grabbing as the cause of lack of land to build public facilities for an ever growing population. Yet, the not-funny comedian and your super senator was on the frontline crying eti Sonko arudishe yule waria/walalo land grabber to city hall. Sonko should resist kabisa.

Back to Pangani, there is an estate known as Burhan Estate between Pumwani primay school and Pangani primary school. This estate is built on grabbed public land belonging to these schools. I can say this authoritatively because i used to roam there with my buddies "hunting" for birds in the 80's.

This is the link of the area i'm talking about LINK. Notice how Pumwani Pri. Scool land has been annexed. Also take a close look at Racecourse Pri. School. Notice there is a ka-fence already separating the school and the road bordering Pangani pri. school.

Anyone trying to justify Sonko's actions has serious problems with order. I don't know about grabbed schools or land, all I know is that Sonko is not an honest broker or a defender of anyone.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Fyatu
#815 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 4:43:15 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Anyone trying to justify Sonko's actions has serious problems with order. I don't know about grabbed schools or land, all I know is that Sonko is not an honest broker or a defender of anyone.

Granted. He might be a wolf in sheep skin but his track record in stopping land grabbers in Nairobi has been consistent.

From where i stand, Nairobi problems have only one solution. Build a brand new city in Marsabit county with proper right-angled streets, adequate tap water, mass transport system, enough schools, hospitals and ample green spaces.
Fyatu
#816 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 4:56:55 PM

wukan wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Sonko's problems are with the 'deep state' and as CJ Maraga said "Kenya ina wenyewe". Sonko is exhibiting the characteristics of François Duvalier aka 'Papa Doc' you should google the kind of mess that man put Haiti into with his populism. Republics do not recover from these kind of messes.

This is the most unfortunate statement/phrase that Kenyans have institutionalized. It is a defeatist statement to say the least.Kenyans should rise above those people who claim to own Kenya. They have held us hostage for too long causing us untold suffering and unnecessary death/disability.

All Kenyans of goodwill should disabuse atleast 10 people in their social networks from this statement eti "Kenya in a wenyewe".

I also propose that Kenyans should start entertaining ideas of catching known corrupt fellas like Waiguru in traffic and giving them Kichapo cha mbwa. We see these people walking in the streets and driving on the roads daily. It is not hard cornering a silly MP/senator/governor/judge/minister and caning him/her thoroughly since justice system in this country has failed.
radiomast
#817 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 6:36:34 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Granted. He might be a wolf in sheep skin but his track record in stopping land grabbers in Nairobi has been consistent.

From where i stand, Nairobi problems have only one solution. Build a brand new city in Marsabit county with proper right-angled streets, adequate tap water, mass transport system, enough schools, hospitals and ample green spaces.

There is adequate water in Marsabit?

The same county where women served their leaders with muddy water to protest scarcity of clean water?
radiomast
#818 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 6:48:26 PM

Building a brand new city is not a valid solution. Kenya is already neck deep in debt to the Chinese. We can't possibly borrow yet more money from the Chinese to build a new city.

The best solution is for gava to encourage businesses to relocate their operations to other towns by giving them tax breaks.

Gava should lead by example. Identify 3 or 4 neutral towns such as Voi, Narok and Kitale and start moving all gava operations there.

All parastatals like KPLC should be made to stop hiring in Nairobi. Sell all their Nairobi assets like Electricity house and build a new facility in Voi for example. All gava ministries should move their operations out of Nairobi gradually. There is no reason why gava operations must be in Nairobi. Even Nairobi city council can move its day to day operations to upcountry and leave only operational workers in the city.

Gava should then offer incentives to private companies. For example EABL used to have plants in Kisumu and Mombasa. Offer them a 5 year tax break if they re-open their Kisumu plant and move 500 jobs there. Do the same for all private companies.

And most importantly, block land speculators by instituting heavy property taxes to dissuade speculation.

Do this and in 10 years you will decongest Nairobi from 5 million people to 3 million people.

Don't do this and in 10 years Nairobi will increase to 10 million people. Then you will see real standstill traffic that doesn't move for hours and water shortages that go for weeks.

People will stop bathing and when you enter a bus the stench knock you out.
kaka2za
#819 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2019 4:07:17 AM

radiomast wrote:
Building a brand new city is not a valid solution. Kenya is already neck deep in debt to the Chinese. We can't possibly borrow yet more money from the Chinese to build a new city.

The best solution is for gava to encourage businesses to relocate their operations to other towns by giving them tax breaks.

Gava should lead by example. Identify 3 or 4 neutral towns such as Voi, Narok and Kitale and start moving all gava operations there.

All parastatals like KPLC should be made to stop hiring in Nairobi. Sell all their Nairobi assets like Electricity house and build a new facility in Voi for example. All gava ministries should move their operations out of Nairobi gradually. There is no reason why gava operations must be in Nairobi. Even Nairobi city council can move its day to day operations to upcountry and leave only operational workers in the city.

Gava should then offer incentives to private companies. For example EABL used to have plants in Kisumu and Mombasa. Offer them a 5 year tax break if they re-open their Kisumu plant and move 500 jobs there. Do the same for all private companies.

And most importantly, block land speculators by instituting heavy property taxes to dissuade speculation.

Do this and in 10 years you will decongest Nairobi from 5 million people to 3 million people.

Don't do this and in 10 years Nairobi will increase to 10 million people. Then you will see real standstill traffic that doesn't move for hours and water shortages that go for weeks.

People will stop bathing and when you enter a bus the stench knock you out.

Moving Naija government operations to Abuja didn't decongest Lagos.
Please share one example where the population of a city has reduced by 50% using the suggested measures.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Lolest!
#820 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 1:46:24 PM

Quote:
Shimo la Tewa Maximum Security Prison has said in court documents that Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko Mbuvi, aka Mbuvi Gidion Kioko, needs to be charged with escaping from prison and serve his remaining sentence.

In response to an inquiry by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), prisons authorities said “that Shimo la Tewa Prison indicated that the prisoner Mbuvi Gidion Kioko should serve the pending sentence as well as be charged for the offence of escaping from prison.”

Man is being forced to resign?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray