wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

30 Pages«<2627282930>
Kenya Re - what gives?
obiero
#541 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 4:57:10 PM

Horton wrote:
Kenya Re holds 70% of the reinsurance market. So even if the cessions ends, they still hold majority market share. I can see Mr. market recognizing this as the insurance sector is on the uptick.

http://www.ira.go.ke/att...0Industry%20Release.pdf

Page 30 for market share info

Problem isn't market share and stuff.. It runs deep. Remember KQ is sincerely speaking, the only airline in East Africa but still made losses totalling over KES 61B in the last three years

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Horton
#542 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 5:01:21 PM

obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
Kenya Re holds 70% of the reinsurance market. So even if the cessions ends, they still hold majority market share. I can see Mr. market recognizing this as the insurance sector is on the uptick.

Problem isn't market share and stuff.. It runs deep. Remember KQ is sincerely speaking, the only airline in East Africa but still made losses totalling over KES 61B in the last three years

KQ wasnt and still isnt holding market share in EA. I think problems were finance costs, too much debt and others.

What do u think is a problem here in KNRE? It has no Debt
obiero
#543 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 5:07:20 PM

Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

KQ wasnt and still isnt holding market share in EA. I think problems were finance costs, too much debt and others.

What do u think is a problem here in KNRE? It has no Debt

GoK influence in the csuite

sparkly
#544 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:20:36 PM

obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Why are we discussing KQ on this thread?
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#545 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:31:31 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

KQ was even brought up in the Centum thread! And in the KK thread. Some folks can't handle profitable firms! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#546 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 8:19:36 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

KQ was even brought up in the Centum thread! And in the KK thread. Some folks can't handle profitable firms! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I saw KQ too on the Safaricom thread as well as EABL.. Maybe it's just a popular firm :)

sparkly
#547 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 2:19:28 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

I saw KQ too on the Safaricom thread as well as EABL.. Maybe it's just a popular firm :)

Good investments do not attract attention and passion. The converse is true for poor investments.

Take the most discussed stocks and stocks with the longest threads on Wazua and plot them against their total returns in the last 10yrs. KQ, HAL, Mumias, Uchumi. The results will be obvious.

"You cannot make money buying what is popular" - WB applies all the time.
Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#548 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 2:47:37 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Good investments do not attract attention and passion. The converse is true for poor investments.

Take the most discussed stocks and stocks with the longest threads on Wazua and plot them against their total returns in the last 10yrs. KQ, HAL, Mumias, Uchumi. The results will be obvious.

Well said....
possunt quia posse videntur
Ebenyo
#549 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 2:59:03 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

For traders,kq is a mincemeat.But for longterm investors,its a dead rubber.Surely i dont understand why its so much hyped here in wazua.Too much emotions is attached to it.I went through kq fy 2015 results and i really felt sorry for its financial health.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#550 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 3:00:25 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Spoken like 10 elders
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mulla
#551 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:09:15 AM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Take the most discussed stocks and stocks with the longest threads on Wazua and plot them against their total returns in the last 10yrs
. KQ, HAL, Mumias, Uchumi. The results will be obvious.

Spoken like 10 elders

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly so true....human psycology is weird...instead of discussing good firms that can make you money instead most would rather bash in a non-performing company "glorify"in its failure...
VituVingiSana
#552 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:17:44 PM

mulla wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Take the most discussed stocks and stocks with the longest threads on Wazua and plot them against their total returns in the last 10yrs

Spoken like 10 elders

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly so true....human psycology is weird...instead of discussing good firms that can make you money instead most would rather bash in a non-performing company "glorify"in its failure...

Not true.
Some of feel we have a civic duty to call out the BS peddled by some "paid" liars. These liars portray a false image of the firm. Pump and Dump.
Also there are lessons to be learnt on how to assess a firm's management and performance. I have learnt many lessons from my unfortunate foray into Olympia and KQ. Lessons I try to apply to other investments e.g. debt:equity, corporate governance, management ownership, etc.

KenyaRe is an investment I made after selling off my KQ. It's not flashy, the CEO isn't on many (unrelated) boards, is cash rich and has a moat. KQ was/had none of these. It's share price is lethargic but I am a net buyer who loves discounted stocks. I can wait 5 or 10 years before there's a meaningful increase in price.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Shak
#553 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:02:14 AM

I'm unable to get any information on book closure. Anyone in the know?
Ebenyo
#554 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:08:13 AM

Shak wrote:

it was not indicated in the financial statement.Maybe those with insider knowledge should tell us.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Pesa Nane
#555 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:33:22 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Shak wrote:

it was not indicated in the financial statement.Maybe those with insider knowledge should tell us.

Wait for the AGM announcement.

Quote:
The proposed dividends are subject to approval by shareholders at the AGM
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
obiero
#556 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 1:57:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mulla wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:

Spoken like 10 elders

Not true.
Some of feel we have a civic duty to call out the BS peddled by some "paid" liars. These liars portray a false image of the firm. Pump and Dump.
Also there are lessons to be learnt on how to assess a firm's management and performance. I have learnt many lessons from my unfortunate foray into Olympia and KQ. Lessons I try to apply to other investments e.g. debt:equity, corporate governance, management ownership, etc.

KenyaRe is an investment I made after selling off my KQ. It's not flashy, the CEO isn't on many (unrelated) boards, is cash rich and has a moat. KQ was/had none of these. It's share price is lethargic but I am a net buyer who loves discounted stocks. I can wait 5 or 10 years before there's a meaningful increase in price.

KenRe facing massive downward pressure.. We wish the travellers on this bus, a safe journey

Ericsson
#557 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 3:25:45 PM

@Obiero
In tomorrow's trading price will be on upward trend
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#558 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 7:57:59 PM

Quality firm. I'll buy more!

Warren Buffett: β€œLong ago, Ben Graham taught me that β€˜Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.”
mulla
#559 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2017 10:45:54 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Warren Buffett: β€œLong ago, Ben Graham taught me that β€˜Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.”

Highly undervalued stock. Very lethargic with regards to share price movement. This is one of those stocks that is hibernating, but on the day investors decide that it needs to catch up with its brothers value wise, capital gains will be immense.
It should be trading at minimum 40/= if its to catch up with its peers.
Horton
#560 Posted : Saturday, September 09, 2017 4:23:39 AM

mulla wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Highly undervalued stock. Very lethargic with regards to share price movement. This is one of those stocks that is hibernating, but on the day investors decide that it needs to catch up with its brothers value wise, capital gains will be immense.
It should be trading at minimum 40/= if its to catch up with its peers.

Value trap