Kenya Re - what gives?
heri
#401 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:08:20 PM

what gives you any confidence?
MaichBlack
#402 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:44:11 PM

heri wrote:
what gives you any confidence?

If you buy an acre of land in the heart of Karen at Kshs. 5 million (2013) and two years later there are some people still selling at Kshs. 5m, would you be disappointed?

Value vs Price.

People eventually notice the VALUE of a company. Even if it takes time! Then the price goes through the roof.

The longer they take to notice, the better for you. You simply keep accumulating.

people who could not touch Safaricom at Kshs. 2.x have been busy chasing the same share at 16/=.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
heri
#403 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:49:39 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
[quote=heri]what gives you any confidence?

If you buy an acre of land in the heart of Karen at Kshs. 5 million (2013) and two years later there are some people still selling at Kshs. 5m, would you be disappointed?

Value vs Price.

People eventually notice the VALUE of a company. Even if it takes time! Then the price goes through the roof.

The longer they take to notice, the better for you. You simply keep accumulating.

people who could not touch Safaricom at Kshs. 2.x have been busy chasing the same share at 16/=.
VituVingiSana
#404 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2015 9:57:58 AM

If you have REA shares, give thanks to Kirubu, Mworia and Centum. The Robinows were going to pay 40. Now they have to pay 85.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mulla
#405 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2015 12:49:13 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
If you have REA shares, give thanks to Kirubu, Mworia and Centum. The Robinows were going to pay 40. Now they have to pay 85.

Boss,what does this have to do with Kenya Re??
Boris Boyka
#406 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2015 2:32:43 PM

mulla wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Posting under influence!!d'oh!
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
VituVingiSana
#407 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 4:03:44 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:
mulla wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

LMAO, I read REA instead of Kenya Re! I missed out on REA but I hope I do not miss out on Kenya Re when someone tries to take it over!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
heri
#408 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 2:43:34 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
mulla wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

LMAO, I read REA instead of Kenya Re! I missed out on REA but I hope I do not miss out on Kenya Re when someone tries to take it over!

Still going down after i bought at 18.50. How low can this go? instead of up, its down
S.Mutaga III
#409 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 2:52:54 PM

heri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
mulla wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Still going down after i bought at 18.50. How low can this go? instead of up, its down

I am currently strategizing on accumulating Kenya Re, KPLC and Unga...think long term and dont sell. This company is a huge bargain. Think about it this way, the company is growing profits at a commendable rate, there are no bad news regarding the company, the valuation is heavily discounted and the government guaranteed its business to 2020. Any price decline is due to market irrationality, so take it positively and accumulate more because you are getting a good deal at an even better price.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
heri
#410 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 3:08:41 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
heri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
mulla wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I am currently strategizing on accumulating Kenya Re, KPLC and Unga...think long term and dont sell. This company is a huge bargain. Think about it this way, the company is growing profits at a commendable rate, there are no bad news regarding the company, the valuation is heavily discounted and the government guaranteed its business to 2020. Any price decline is due to market irrationality, so take it positively and accumulate more because you are getting a good deal at an even better price.

i will consider buying more of Kenya Re. Though i find government controlled entities as quite risky. you never know what GOK will wake up and decide.
murchr
#411 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:35:21 AM

Business Daily wrote:
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) will acquire a stake in Kenya Re partly owned reinsurer, Zep-Re, in a Sh1.9 billion deal.

The World Bank investment arm is buying an estimated 11 per cent in the Nairobi-based regional underwriter despite objection from Kenya Re.

“The proposed project consists of an IFC investment of up to US$20 million in new shares in Zep-Re for a direct shareholding in the company in line with the stake of the other two development financial institutions,” reads a disclosure document from IFC.

The entry of IFC has, however, not been taken kindly by Kenya Re whose stake, along with that of other shareholders, will be diluted by the creation of new shares.

Kenya Re shareholding in Zep Re has shrunk to 16 per cent from 20.7 per cent two years ago following the entry of two development financial institutions.

Zep Re must be very lucrative....
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Gatheuzi
#412 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:58:19 AM

Also partly responsible for dilution of Kenya Re stake in Zep Re, was because Kenya Re opted not to Capitalize their dividends from Zep Re around 2013. I wonder if they badly needed that 50M.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
murchr
#413 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 12:41:24 AM

IN SUMMARY

-->Kenya Re acquired five per cent of the two-year-old Uganda Reinsurance Company at Sh20 million.

-->The company has also bought 10 shares in ATI at a cost of Sh88 million making it the third-largest private investor in the company.

http://www.businessdaily...8/-/3qdv8tz/-/index.html
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
DBLyon
#414 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 10:56:20 AM

Yet price continues to go down...I thought I'd bought them on the cheap at 17 the other day. :(
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
DBLyon
#415 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 11:24:07 AM

In the meantime, I await, down here with open arms, for BAT to get to 600. :)
When you live for others' opinions, you are dead.

- Carlos Slim Helu
stock.enigma
#416 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 11:25:47 AM

DBLyon wrote:
Yet price continues to go down...I thought I'd bought them on the cheap at 17 the other day. :(

Same here. For over a month, I have been trying to buy at 17/=. Just when I succeeded, the price starts going down. I will be placing another order at 15/=
Aguytrying
#417 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:07:41 PM

DBLyon wrote:

Im waiting for it at 450 ( 10% dividend yeild). A wazuan can dream, cant he?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
S.Mutaga III
#418 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:12:08 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
DBLyon wrote:

Im waiting for it at 450 ( 10% dividend yeild). A wazuan can dream, cant he?

That is a pipe dream Mr.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
kasibitta
#419 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 2:00:43 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
heri wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
mulla wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@S.Mutaga II...How i wish you stuck with Kenya re.Your picks are always well thought out.

MaichBlack
#420 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 5:11:34 PM

DBLyon wrote:

+20% later (in a bear!!!) how do you feel??
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.