30 Pages«<1819202122>»
Kenya Re - what gives?
MaichBlack
#381 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 8:30:00 PM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@MaichBlack;
A company that listed just recently (CIC Insurance)has twice market capitalization of Kenya Re and yet it makes half the profits of Kenya Re.Hii market iko na mashetani.
Joe Wanjui and Kirubi sold their stakes in UAP because competition has really dug into UAP business and they couldn't be able to match their speed so take a bow and let a deep pocketed suitor steer the company

My points are: -

1) Identify value/bargains. When you do, invest and relax.

2) Think long term. If what you have now is valuable you can relax. Thousands will turn to millions and millions to billions. Do you know how much James Mwangi's stake at equity is worth? Do you know much he has already pocketed in sale of some of the shares he held. And now, and this is the best question, do you know how much he had put in? And all along people have been waiting for Equity to collapse.

@Maich, @Ericsson Owns some KNRE. He's just complaining that the thing never moves. I feel him. This one, is almost dormant on my portfolio infact i never look at the price changes.

We are many. I am also in the bus. I'm thinking of buying some for my daughter. She is an [extremely] long term investor only that she hasn't known it yet! It's very difficult picking counters for her. I'd hate to lose her money - it's a psychological thing. But this might be a safe bet as any.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
littledove
#382 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 9:31:46 PM

Ericsson wrote:
This counter I give it a valuation price of 60-65 when it's compared to its peers on a profit-profit basis and total assets.
Question is when will it ever reach that price.

I have a bad lack with this one, this is the third time I'm holding it and I have sold at a loss twice! bought immediately after IPO at 13 in 2007 and sold at 10 range some and still holding a few of that batch, some years later I bought at 16 and sold later at 14, last year I bought at 18.50 and it has refused to go past that! this is the only share in my investing history I have failed to make money even after 3 attempt, hope the trend will be reversed one day
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#383 Posted : Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:29:03 PM

http://www.businessdaily...-/10bgmgsz/-/index.html

The government has increased the share of business insurance companies must give Kenya Reinsurance for the first time in two decades.
Mandatory cessation has been increased from 18% to 20% for the next five years to 2020.
Positive news for the counter which will see share price rise.
A target price of 45 this year doesn't seem far fetched.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Boris Boyka
#384 Posted : Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:36:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/State-secures-Kenya-Re-20pc-share-of-local-reinsurance/-/539552/2617158/-/10bgmgsz/-/index.html

The government has increased the share of business insurance companies must give Kenya Reinsurance for the first time in two decades.
Mandatory cessation has been increased from 18% to 20% for the next five years to 2020.

I knew who had commented before confirming. Insurance Guru @Ericsson haha anyway of the laggards hili ni MAMA LAO. hhehe hope the good news jumpstart it
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
instinct
#385 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 8:40:01 AM

The government has also extended the duration for the mandatory cessions by five years to 2020 securing a steady flow of business for the next five years and ring-fencing its market share in an industry attracting more players.
littledove
#386 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 8:59:04 AM

Ericsson wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/State-secures-Kenya-Re-20pc-share-of-local-reinsurance/-/539552/2617158/-/10bgmgsz/-/index.html

this was the only laggard in my potfolio, hope i will start smiling from today
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Goldilocks Reloaded
#387 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 9:12:22 AM

littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

this was the only laggard in my potfolio, hope i will start smiling from today

Let the bull run begin...
Go for a business that any idiot can run – because sooner or later, any idiot is probably going to run it – Peter Lynch
MaichBlack
#388 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 11:25:56 AM

Our bus is in full motion. Testing the Michuki rules!!! Let's hope it can keep up the momentum. One of the most undervalued stock in the NSE. I hope they also change their dividend policy to add some fuel to this bus!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Gatheuzi
#389 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 11:42:40 AM

Let's see where it gets us.

Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
SittingPretty
#390 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 2:19:39 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Our bus is in full motion. Testing the Michuki rules!!! Let's hope it can keep up the momentum. One of the most undervalued stock in the NSE. I hope they also change their dividend policy to add some fuel to this bus!!!

I hope that is true Pray Pray Pray , this and KK have really tested my patience. So BRITAM fly past from 6.
Timely advice is as lovely as golden apples in a silver basket. Proverbs 25:11
murchr
#391 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 6:51:29 PM

On the day it should have hit 10%, good old EAPC steals the show
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Gatheuzi
#392 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:55:56 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Let's see where it gets us.

Excitement was not that hight it seems..

Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
mthaka
#393 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:35:21 PM

does anyone know the date they will pay the dividends,or it already done?
Othelo
#394 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:38:05 PM

mthaka wrote:

For which year.... 2014 results not yet out. We are waiting with baited breath!!!!!!!!1
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Gatheuzi
#395 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:46:28 PM

Othelo wrote:
mthaka wrote:

For which year.... 2014 results not yet out. We are waiting with baited breath!!!!!!!!1

Historically they pay around June, but let us not put the cart before the horse.
KNM
#396 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 6:24:59 PM

1. 20%+ growth each year for at least the last 3 years
2. Almost guaranteed revenue (legal requirement)
3. P/E of about 4.4

Only downside I can see is its large GoK ownership and the potential of mismanagement. But the past couple of years performance suggests sound running of the company.

What ails this counter? Why the sluggish appreciation?

I keep peeping over the fence. Tempted to join in the potential fun.
The crowd will cheer your coronation as well as your beheading. People like a show, that's all.
edwinmukiri
#397 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:22:21 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Othelo wrote:
mthaka wrote:

Historically they pay around June, but let us not put the cart before the horse.

Lets hope for the best from the results since the price change is disappointing
Bulls make money,bears make money and pigs get slaughtered.
heri
#398 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2015 1:58:37 PM

Just wondering how the very big risks of massive terrorists attacks/related disasters impacts on this share

what % of the profits are made in Kenya? anyone

i think for the foreseable future kenya risk profile in terms of terrorism will remain very high
heri
#399 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 2:45:41 PM

i bought Kenya Re in June 2013 at 18.30. this has not been a good investment for me. ZERO gains two years down the road!!
sparkly
#400 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2015 2:52:23 PM

heri wrote:
i bought Kenya Re in June 2013 at 18.30. this has not been a good investment for me. ZERO gains two years down the road!!

Kijana tulia! Pay day is coming soon
Life is short. Live passionately.