wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

30 Pages«<1617181920>»
Kenya Re - what gives?
maka
#341 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:48:29 PM

Metasploit wrote:
If someone has got some little money get Kenya Re at 18.50 and kenya airways at 11.90

SUPPLY IS DRYING OUT!SHARE REBOUND IN THE OFFING

oops...
possunt quia posse videntur
jerry
#342 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:08:52 PM

maka wrote:
Metasploit wrote:
If someone has got some little money get Kenya Re at 18.50 and kenya airways at 11.90

SUPPLY IS DRYING OUT!SHARE REBOUND IN THE OFFING

oops...

KQ will make me rich! 11.90 and today...8 point...
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Gatheuzi
#343 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 10:27:51 AM

Some dose of KNRE is good for your health guys.Laughing out loudly
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
nashx
#344 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 10:37:01 AM

At current prices Kenya Re is a no brainer
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
Boris Boyka
#345 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 11:07:20 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Some dose of KNRE is good for your health guys.Laughing out loudly

Haha ni Kama ARV's just to maintain you alive not "CURE" this KNRE has been hyyyyyyyped and 'everybody' is greedy, hii sinunui mimi.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
its2013
#346 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 12:14:27 PM

Kenya Re will make me RICHER smile
Pretty hurts
Goldilocks Reloaded
#347 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 2:19:55 PM

I donno what injection this thing needs. Its babies (the insurance stocks) are doing so well. The price is such a bargain considering the EPS and the dividend yield. I was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the dividend cheque few months back. Lets hope the bull ride will be soon.
Go for a business that any idiot can run – because sooner or later, any idiot is probably going to run it – Peter Lynch
nashx
#348 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 4:12:35 PM

Goldilocks Reloaded wrote:
I donno what injection this thing needs. Its babies (the insurance stocks) are doing so well. The price is such a bargain considering the EPS and the dividend yield. I was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the dividend cheque few months back. Lets hope the bull ride will be soon.

I agree with you too...and I liked the dividend plus the valuations...I wanna just add more. I think it needs some positive news to jolt it up
MaichBlack
#349 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 4:41:20 PM

nashx wrote:

I agree with you too...and I liked the dividend plus the valuations...I wanna just add more. I think it needs some positive news to jolt it up

Dividends??? I believe that is their WEAK point!!! What percentage of EPS do they pay as dividends? At current prices, what's the dividend yield??

I agree that the valuation is favourable to buyers. I'm such a believer, I'm a buyer! But I don't believe the dividends are anything to write home about! Correct me if I'm wrong. Figures please.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
nashx
#350 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 5:30:04 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
nashx wrote:

Dividends??? I believe that is their WEAK point!!! What percentage of EPS do they pay as dividends? At current prices, what's the dividend yield??

I agree that the valuation is favourable to buyers. I'm such a believer, I'm a buyer! But I don't believe the dividends are anything to write home about! Correct me if I'm wrong. Figures please.

Your right on the percentages though...but with a good number of shares in Kenyare you can still smile on receiving the Div cheque...this is a share for the patient
its2013
#351 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 9:21:35 PM

The dividends were 60cts per share.
Pretty hurts
MaichBlack
#352 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 11:22:37 AM

its2013 wrote:

0.6/18 * 100% = 3.3% dividend yield!

Exactly how is this 'pleasantly suprising'?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
its2013
#353 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:59:14 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
its2013 wrote:

0.6/18 * 100% = 3.3% dividend yield!

Exactly how is this 'pleasantly suprising'?

Indeed the yield was unattractive. If I may guess, could be the "pleasantly surprising" description is relative when compared to other counters and the stagnation of this particular stock's price.

That said, at the current (fairly discounted) price this may be a good deal when further privatisation sets in.
Pretty hurts
Goldilocks Reloaded
#354 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:23:25 AM

A dividend yield of 3.3% is great for me anytime. Not very many companies have the same at the NSE currently. Coupled with the PE level that its trading at, I am holding on. But for sure its not for the faint hearted.
Go for a business that any idiot can run – because sooner or later, any idiot is probably going to run it – Peter Lynch
Goldilocks Reloaded
#355 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:13:37 AM

Really what ails this thing? Anyone knows when they are due to make announcements?
littledove
#356 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:23:31 AM

Really what ails this thing? Anyone knows when they are due to make announcements?

every year i have one counter which messes my portifolio and this year kenya re is ensuring my portifolio is not 100% on gain side
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
TheGeek
#357 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:52:47 AM

littledove wrote:

every year i have one counter which messes my portifolio and this year kenya re is ensuring my portifolio is not 100% on gain side

stock total demand total supply
KNRE 233,400 194,100

best bid best ask prev. close
16 17.5 17.45

last price change
16 -1.45

time
11:23:59

In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
VituVingiSana
#358 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:37:13 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenya Re is one of the few stocks on the NSE trading below NAV. It should catch up to NAV within the next 6 months.
Yikes! And more yikes! No progress has been made catching up to NAV? d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! I will take the Warren Buffett approach and file this away as one of my 'Retirement' investments!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gatheuzi
#359 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:53:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenya Re is one of the few stocks on the NSE trading below NAV. It should catch up to NAV within the next 6 months.
Yikes! And more yikes! No progress has been made catching up to NAV? d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! I will take the Warren Buffett approach and file this away as one of my 'Retirement' investments!

I am not yet done accumulating. As a buyer the lower it gets the better. Looking at 15 to snatch some more.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
VituVingiSana
#360 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:21:55 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I am not yet done accumulating. As a buyer the lower it gets the better. Looking at 15 to snatch some more.
LOL, I am not complaining. I would be happy to pick some up at 15 as well.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett