wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

30 Pages123>»
Kenya Re - what gives?
mkeiyd
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:58:10 AM

Kenya Re

What hails this stock?

Airport fire? Westgate? The impending expiry of its mandatory share of local reinsurance business?

PE of 5.62 Against;

Pan Africa's 13.42,
CiC 16.80,
Jubilee 8.45

@guru and others, What muted the drum beats?
Metasploit
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:05:09 AM

mkeiyd wrote:
What hails this stock?

Airport fire? Westgate? The impending expiry of its mandatory share of local reinsurance business?

PE of 5.62 Against;

Pan Africa's 13.42,
CiC 16.80,
Jubilee 8.45

@guru and others, What muted the drum beats?

This stock needs to touch 13 level for a serious shakeout.I used to hold lots of it but dumped when i realized there are too many weaklings holding it.When the price starts to move up,count on the many spoilers to disrupt the up move.

There was a time resistance was at 16,then 15 now its at 14.50-14.60.Early this week,we had a low of 13.25(Very significant weakness)

But it will move up.Just like KK,this is not the time to buy

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
Metasploit
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:11:18 AM

And btw PE is 3.6

Shares like all commodities is significantly influenced by the forces of supply and demand.Imbalance of supply-demand causes price movements.

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
mwekez@ji
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:15:25 AM

This, just like KK, is in the BUY zone. The counters have good value in them for fundamental investors
Metasploit
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:30:07 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
This, just like KK, is in the BUY zone. The counters have good value in them for fundamental investors

Mwekezaji,Kenya Re is in the buy Zone but not now.Get 10-15% gains on other stocks now and buy Kenya Re in Feb in anticipation of the bonus

mwekez@ji
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:35:32 AM

Metasploit wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

Mwekezaji,Kenya Re is in the buy Zone but not now.Get 10-15% gains on other stocks now and buy Kenya Re in Feb in anticipation of the bonus

Who knows, by then Kenya Re could be up there having generated more than that the 10-15% gain
Horton
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:37:54 AM

Metasploit wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

I don't get it. Why would a bonus translate to higher prices? I know it has in the past, but it's like get 5 ten shilling coins for your 50bob note.
mkeiyd
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:41:54 AM

Horton wrote:
Metasploit wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

I don't get it. Why would a bonus translate to higher prices? I know it has in the past, but it's like get 5 ten shilling coins for your 50bob note.

Because bonus is capitalized earnings.
Going forward,more capital for the company means more investments leading to more revenue and ultimately, earnings.
mkeiyd
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:49:26 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
Metasploit wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

Who knows, by then Kenya Re could be up there having generated more than that the 10-15% gain

I'm torn between the two tending towards KenRe.
Not long ago,around June this year, Kenya Re was being discussed in the same breath with Coop.
Today, Kenya Re is @14.50 while Coop is @17.80.
Horton
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:07:04 PM

mkeiyd wrote:
Horton wrote:
Metasploit wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

Because bonus is capitalized earnings.
Going forward,more capital for the company means more investments leading to more revenue and ultimately, earnings.

This does not necessarily translate to "more investments".
mkeiyd
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:09:36 PM

Horton wrote:

This does not necessarily translate to "more investments".

If we go that slippery road,we might never come back.
I leave it at that.
guru267
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:37:38 PM

Dividend yield at 14.5 is 2.7% and a measly pay out ratio of 10% ... Unless the dividend policy improves stagnation on the share price may be the order of the day!

Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
mwekez@ji
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:04:50 PM

guru267 wrote:
Dividend yield at 14.5 is 2.7% and a measly pay out ratio of 10% ... Unless the dividend policy improves stagnation on the share price may be the order of the day!

Not all counters are about dividend, you know that, right?
Horton
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:28:17 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Kenre keep revaluing their assets. Not a growth company. Only thing I can think of would be dividends!
mwekez@ji
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:34:48 PM

Horton wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Kenre keep revaluing their assets. Not a growth company. Only thing I can think of would be dividends!

Every company in the business of investment has to revalue their portfolio. Doesnt all other similar companies do the same? Dont you revalue your portfolio every day? ... Come on, not all counters are about dividend and especially the insurance and investment companies.
mkeiyd
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:44:50 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
Horton wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Every company in the business of investment has to revalue their portfolio. Doesnt all other similar companies do the same? Dont you revalue your portfolio every day? ... Come on, not all counters are about dividend and especially the insurance and investment companies.

I would prefer they don't give out divs but bonus shares. My dividends end up on things i can do without.

If and when the policy changes to paying better divs, those on board will reap.

I will assume @guru jumped ship. Rem what @obiero says about HF after jumping? smile
mwekez@ji
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:53:20 PM

mkeiyd wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Horton wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
guru267 wrote:

I would prefer they don't give out divs but bonus shares. My dividends end up on things i can do without.

If and when the policy changes to paying better divs, those on board will reap.

I will assume @guru jumped ship. Rem what @obiero says about HF after jumping? smile

You nailed it #guru #obiero smile
guru267
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:12:50 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
guru267 wrote:

@Mwekez@ji Kenya re has never had a good dividend policy so when I invested it was not for the dividends! I'm staying put here since my buy price is 10bob...

That said if CEOs analysed the average trading patterns of Kenyan investors they would be paying all the dividends they possibly could to maximize capital gains... (Behavioural finance)
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
symbols
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:29:50 AM

Think
Ericsson
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:42:56 AM

The counter is now beginning to behave appropriately.
Should return back to ksh.17+++
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle