Exchange Bar: Results forecast
VituVingiSana
#1721 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:26:56 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Only 7 days remain for the 8 remaining listed banks to release their Q3 performance.. Very delayed, very worrying

Not surprising to see that only tier one banks have complied. Very telling.

Smaller banks are undergoing unprecedented struggles

What about Angelica's BBK?

Things have really changed, there was a time they used to be the first to realise the results. Now they have to wait for London to ok first smile
Joburg
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Angelica _ann
#1722 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:44:59 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:
Only 7 days remain for the 8 remaining listed banks to release their Q3 performance.. Very delayed, very worrying

Things have really changed, there was a time they used to be the first to realise the results. Now they have to wait for London to ok first smile
Joburg

Wololo my bad, thanks for the correction. I have not adopted to the change d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#1723 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:21:53 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

Wololo my bad, thanks for the correction. I have not adopted to the change d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

You also need to adopt to the reality that BBK is not a growth stock. Their lack of county business means that they now cater to a dwindling SME as they already lost out on retail pool.. Hama na unishukuru baadaye..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Monk
#1724 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:09:55 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

You also need to adopt to the reality that BBK is not a growth stock. Their lack of county business means that they now cater to a dwindling SME as they already lost out on retail pool.. Hama na unishukuru baadaye..

At 9% dividend yield, it is attractive to those more interested in this return, rather than capital gains.
obiero
#1725 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:32:39 PM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

At 9% dividend yield, it is attractive to those more interested in this return, rather than capital gains.

So 500 BBK shares worth circa KES 5,400 will give you an annual dividend of KES 400.. Bure returns! I would rather sell smokies

VituVingiSana
#1726 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:41:36 PM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

Like those "Open Offers" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
9% DY is excellent. I will look into it. Thanks!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
iris
#1727 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:51:48 PM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

So 500 BBK shares worth circa KES 5,400 will give you an annual dividend of KES 400.. Bure returns! I would rather sell smokies

@Obiero, if you are willing to invest only KES 5,400, how many investments will not be 'Bure"? smokies (not that I know what they are) might give you more, but if they are similar to selling cabbages, you will have to work harder than buying BBK shares
wukan
#1728 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:08:29 PM

At least BBK is changing strategy using big data analytics. There are identifying the next outliers, creating profiles on who to lend in the next boom cycle. I like the focus of Moses Muthui their head of strategy well grounded and understanding kenyans' peculiar habits. Once they drop that Barclay tag they will be good to go.
Angelica _ann
#1729 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:38:01 PM

iris wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

@Obiero, if you are willing to invest only KES 5,400, how many investments will not be 'Bure"? smokies (not that I know what they are) might give you more, but if they are similar to selling cabbages, you will have to work harder than buying BBK shares

Some of us bought the shares @80 bob when they were brother & sister with Stanchart, BAT and EABL - before Kibaki showed up and shored things in the economy. So after 2 splits, you can imagine the return - the reason for the sentimental holding my fren.

For smokes, no comment Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly - you could end up eating left over stoke. Plus County askaris etc
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#1730 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:58:40 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

Parent company ABSA yet to release Q3 results.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Monk
#1731 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:36:54 PM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

Dividend hunting is not for everyone. If you prefer "growth stocks", that's your choice. Both are valid investment strategies. As for Ksh 5,400, I have no idea where you got that figure.

rwitre
#1732 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:57:57 PM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

Hate all you will, but 9% dividend yield is gains at the end of the day. And in a bear market where people are deep in the red, others with paper losses exceeding -70%, that "meagre 9%" dividend is paying bills and buying nice suits.
Horton
#1733 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:09:16 PM

rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

Hate all you will, but 9% dividend yield is gains at the end of the day. And in a bear market where people are deep in the red, others with paper losses exceeding -70%, that "meagre 9%" dividend is paying bills and buying nice suits.

True however, if you just want the 9% isn’t Cytonn better? arent infrastructure bonds better? Also KCB yields 8% but also has the capital appreciation as it is cheap? Surely you can do better than 9% before tax which is not a guaranteed rate of return
Angelica _ann
#1734 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:20:05 PM

Horton wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

True however, if you just want the 9% isn’t Cytonn better? arent infrastructure bonds better? Also KCB yields 8% but also has the capital appreciation as it is cheap? Surely you can do better than 9% before tax which is not a guaranteed rate of return

People have different level of risk appetite - some of us are close to retirementsmile so risk tolerance is low. Cytonn type of investment was something i did around '98 to 2010 (more so with buying land, holding and selling). Then i moved into consolidation of investment which are risk averse with certainty and easy to manage.

Infrastructure bonds, yes but then again their long term nature is not ideal for me now.

some of the incitements are also 'family' driven/controlled - mpaka you agree the direction you are taking with mzee. smile

Ni hayo tu!!!
By the way it is not like we are only invested in BBK.
Ericsson
#1735 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 4:09:40 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Horton wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

People have different level of risk appetite - some of us are close to retirementsmile so risk tolerance is low. Cytonn type of investment was something i did around '98 to 2010 (more so with buying land, holding and selling). Then i moved into consolidation of investment which are risk averse with certainty and easy to manage.

Infrastructure bonds, yes but then again their long term nature is not ideal for me now.

some of the incitements are also 'family' driven/controlled - mpaka you agree the direction you are taking with mzee. smile

Ni hayo tu!!!

We understand you
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#1736 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 4:30:56 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Horton wrote:
rwitre wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
obiero wrote:

Joburg

Ni hayo tu!!!

We understand you

The problem is depending on the NSE for buying new suits. What if investment ikunywe maji kama ARM, KQ, Deacons, KK, UNGA.. does it mean you go without a new suit until suspension is lifted?

VituVingiSana
#1737 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:18:28 PM

KK and Unga pay dividends Applause Applause Applause
And do NOT invest in the stockmarket what you need to live on. This stuff is for retirement or discretionary expenses.

Nowadays, I usually just reinvest dividends. I hardly put in new cash.
obiero
#1738 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:54:47 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
And do NOT invest in the stockmarket what you need to live on. This stuff is for retirement or discretionary expenses.

BBK Q3 Performance highlights:
billion
 PAT up 2%
 Customer deposits grew by10% to Kshs. 220 billion
 Customer Loans and advances up 7% to Kshs178 billion
 Total revenue growth at 6% to Kshs 23.9 billion.
billion
 Non performing loans up 64%

Horton
#1739 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:14:42 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

billion
 PAT up 2%
billion

Wow look at those NPLs 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
lochaz-index
#1740 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:38:51 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

billion
 PAT up 2%
billion

Yikes! What transpired with regards to the NPLs?
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.