wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
KPLC Prepaid meters
Kausha
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 12:56:22 PM

Just wondering aloud as to why KPLC is charging graduated rates on every token. Is it an encouragement for bulk buying or an inefficiency in their system due to its inability to capture the tariff card fully. anyone familiar with the rating?
simonkabz
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:07:43 PM

I also wonder. I got used to buying tokens worth 200 bob at a time. One instance I get like 22units, the next only 12. How is this done?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:36:51 PM

Monthly standing charge
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Magigi
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:37:25 PM

simonkabz wrote:
I also wonder. I got used to buying tokens worth 200 bob at a time. One instance I get like 22units, the next only 12. How is this done?

You can judge a man by the power units he consumes...!!!
While sharing a drink with a Laker, I told him I use --- units of power every month...In astonishment he looked at me and quipped...'yawa, those units are not even able to turn on my music system'...!!!
githundi
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:22:16 PM

Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

While sharing a drink with a Laker, I told him I use --- units of power every month...in astonishment he looked at never and quipped...'yawa, those units are not even able to turn on my music system'...

Applause
Democracy does not belong to the dead
simonkabz
#6 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 6:36:17 PM

githundi wrote:
Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

While sharing a drink with a Laker, I told him I use --- units of power every month...in astonishment he looked at never and quipped...'yawa, those units are not even able to turn on my music system'...

Applause

hahaa I missed this-. No answer provided though. I guess everybody is as mystified......
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Gordon Gekko
#7 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 6:38:08 PM

simonkabz wrote:
githundi wrote:
Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Applause

hahaa I missed this-. No answer provided though. I guess everybody is as mystified......

Do I say....
limanika
#8 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 7:02:55 PM

simonkabz wrote:
githundi wrote:
Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Applause

Not really! Domestic consumers - Every month Kenya power charges 2bob for the first 50 units and something like 8 bob for any additional units above, and there is a monthly standing charge. The number of units you get at any time will depend whether Kenya power is deducting monthly charge, and if you are paying for the first 50 units.
King G
#9 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 7:36:00 PM

limanika wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
githundi wrote:
Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Applause

Not really! Domestic consumers - Every month Kenya power charges 2bob for the first 50 units and something like 8 bob for any additional units above, and there is a monthly standing charge. The number of units you get at any time will depend whether Kenya power is deducting monthly charge, and if you are paying for the first 50 units.

na hiyo 200 bob watakurudishia in future!!!!
Thieves
simonkabz
#10 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 9:11:33 PM

King G wrote:
limanika wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
githundi wrote:
Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Applause

King wacha hizo jo.....I tend to get more units when I buy 200x5, as compared to 1000x1, till the day I get a proper explanation for the price fluctuations.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
kysse
#11 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 9:37:08 PM

simonkabz wrote:

King wacha hizo jo.....I tend to get more units when I buy 200x5, as compared to 1000x1, till the day I get a proper explanation for the price fluctuations.

Eti sasa mwanaume ni units za kplc?? Pray
Purchasing small units is more exp than bulk.

I paid 250, got 22 units
Paid another 250, got 12 units
Paid 500 and got 43 units,all in one month.
I gave up.
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 9:49:23 PM

kysse wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Eti sasa mwanaume ni units za kplc?? Pray
Purchasing small units is more exp than bulk.

I paid 250, got 22 units
Paid another 250, got 12 units
Paid 500 and got 43 units,all in one month.
I gave up.

wachana na hizi ndume fake....mwanaume ni networth.

In terms of giving up, I gave up way back. if something like simple pricing can be so complicated........
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
ZZE123
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:21:05 AM

At least huku ukambani we still have the post paid analogue meters.. All you need is some emaciated dogs that can bark and KPLC guys will never read the meter… and you pay when you want to.smile smile smile
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
simonkabz
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:37:22 AM

ZZE123 wrote:
At least huku ukambani we still have the post paid analogue meters.. All you need is some emaciated dogs that can bark and KPLC guys will never read the meter… and you pay when you want to.smile smile smile

hahaa reason why they won't invest much those sides.....
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
kysse
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:54:14 AM

simonkabz wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

hahaa reason why they won't invest much those sides.....

We pay more in town to make up for the loss in mashinani.
In shags people spend more on credit than they use to pay elec.bill.

CLK
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:06:35 AM

simonkabz wrote:
King G wrote:
limanika wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
githundi wrote:
Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Applause

Really? i get 110 Kwh with 1500bob and 60Kwh with 1000 bob, ama kila mtu ako na rate yake?
Siringi
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:12:27 AM

Sad Sad Sad Sad what is going on here?

My analogue meter bill fluctuates between lows of 3500 and highs of 5k +ujinga kidogo.Sad Sad

nataka hiyo prepaid meter leo ama ningoe reli? KPLC leo kutanukaShame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Shhh Shhh Shhh when i shared the issue with my neighbor he told me KPLC guys came and sorted him for a small fee by inserting a bypass

Now here i am a KPLC share holder with the moral problem do I report this incidence to KPLC halafu tuchukiane na neighbour ama vipi ? hebu saidia

Question: how many of these rackets are going on in Kenya ? @kiash....
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
simonkabz
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:05:14 PM

Shagz we pay between 100-200 and I guess the usage is higher due to security lighting n adolescent kids. Town: 800-2000. This one needs Ka-gizzard's input.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:08:49 PM

CLK wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
King G wrote:
limanika wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
githundi wrote:
Magigi wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Applause

Really? i get 110 Kwh with 1500bob and 60Kwh with 1000 bob, ama kila mtu ako na rate yake?

Throughout?? Varies all the time my dear, more like mcreggae's goggles.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
leona
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:14:55 PM

They once explained to me after on phone but the explanation was sooo long i think the guy was deliberately trying to make me feel lost(which he did successfully), but bottom line was the monthly charge,plus the 5 bob or was it 8bob per every bundle of 50units. Yaani...it was a long story. Nonetheless,i find it more beneficial when i buy in bundles of either 500,1000,2000 etc than when i buy for 200,400 etc. They play some tricks on us these Kenya powerless people. Call them up,they're always quite happy to explain to you on phone and they have some polite call center guys who i think are used to being bashed left right and center by angry callers
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life