wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
wilson kipsang breaks world marathon record
bkismat
#21 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 5:03:25 PM

Mwende wrote:
Applause Applause Kuddos to Kip-sung!
Tho this dunderhead promoting prostitution website ruined your moment of glory..

Why is the 1st pic blockin out the name then the 2nd showing it? Zero work.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
bkismat
#22 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 5:06:31 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Euge wrote:
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000094609&story_title=police-charge-berlin-marathon-intruder

This article says Berlin has had NINE (not five as I thought) WR!!!!

Six for men and 3 for women. The last 5 men's consecutive marathon records have been broken here.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Alba
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:34:42 PM

Eliud Kipchoge is gonna be the one to watch in the next two years. This is only his second marathon and he blasted 2:04.
With all the best 5K and 10K runners going to the roads now, it leaves Kenya weak in the Olympics and World championships.
cnn
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 8:37:20 PM

Dennis Kimetto and Rita Jeptoo are the winners of this year's Chicago marathon ...Kimetto running in 2.03.45.
Alba
#25 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 10:21:33 PM

Amazing that Kimetto only started running in 2010 when he was 27. And now 3 years later , he is the 3rd fastest marathoner ever. Story below:

http://kenyapage.net/com...n-2013-chicago-marathon/
Alba
#26 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 3:06:35 PM

Records aside, sometimes I wonder if Europeans get tired of Kenyan runners. This past weekend,, the Frankfurt marathon was billed as contest between Kenyans and Ethiopians. In the end, the top 6 finishers were Kenyans. Do you Europeans get tired of seeing gangs of Kenyans dominate marathons ?

The Chairman of IAAF Lamine Diack once remarked that Kenyans and Ethiopians killed the world cross country championships by being too dominant. Europeans lost interest because their runners became hopeless at a sport they used to dominate and TV stations stopped covering the event.
murchr
#27 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 3:09:11 PM

Alba wrote:
Records aside, sometimes I wonder if Europeans get tired of Kenyan runners. This past weekend,, the Frankfurt marathon was billed as contest between Kenyans and Ethiopians. In the end, the top 6 finishers were Kenyans. Do you Europeans get tired of seeing gangs of Kenyans dominate marathons ?

The Chairman of IAAF Lamine Diack once remarked that Kenyans and Ethiopians killed the world cross country championships by being too dominant. Europeans lost interest because their runners became hopeless at a sport they used to dominate and TV stations stopped covering the event.

Really?? So should we stop winning because they cant beat us?

On a lighter note
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
madollar
#28 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 3:19:00 PM

Things are about to get very interesting as mo farah and kenenisa bekele make the switch to the marathon.Mo farah is under pressure to get a world record in any distance the only accolade missing .Given his age he will most likely try the marathon.....
Alba
#29 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 3:45:41 PM

murchr wrote:

You should read posts and comprehend them before responding
Alba
#30 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 8:23:45 PM

madollar wrote:
Things are about to get very interesting as mo farah and kenenisa bekele make the switch to the marathon.Mo farah is under pressure to get a world record in any distance the only accolade missing .Given his age he will most likely try the marathon.....

I do not rate Mo Farah as highly as the Brits do. I will be shocked close to death if he actually gets any records.

Anyway all the most talented long distance runners have abandoned the track due to lack of money and flocked to road races and marathons. Forget records. If Mo Farah can challenge the likes of Eliud Kipchoge in the marathon then I will finally give him full credit.

Dont get me wrong. Winning the 5K and 10K at the Olympics is a huge achievement. But it is made easier by the fact that the best distance runners have all ditched the track for the roads. Now lets see what Farah can do against real competition.

See the article below
http://kenyapage.net/com...s-kenyas-running-corps/

My other concern with farah is that the British will ensure that real marathon stars are not invited to the London marathon so that Farah has a better chance of winning. Thats what they did with the BUPA half marathon.
murchr
#31 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 8:25:14 PM

Alba wrote:
murchr wrote:

I read and this is what i was reacting to

Quote:
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Alba
#32 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 8:48:12 PM

murchr wrote:
Alba wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quote:

Nowhere did Diack say anybody should stop winning. I dont know where you read that. He just told the truth.
murchr
#33 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 8:52:49 PM

Alba wrote:
murchr wrote:
Alba wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quote:

Nowhere did Diack say anybody should stop winning. I dont know where you read that. He just told the truth.

Sasa wewe ni kizungu hauelewi ama ni nini? I posed a question, as a reaction to his words I did not say you said that Ok...?! And I wasn't asking you either...it was a reaction that's all
Alba
#34 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 9:49:33 PM

This was your original reaction to my post

Quote:

That reaction (really ??) shows you completely misread what I wrote and now you are twisting turning and changing your story.

Again your reaction is misplaced. Diack was just stating a fact.
murchr
#35 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 10:11:26 PM

Alba wrote:

This was your original reaction to my post

Quote:

That reaction (really ??) shows you completely misread what I wrote and now you are twisting turning and changing your story.

Again your reaction is misplaced. Diack was just stating a fact.

You are reading so much into nothing, if you misinterpreted my post then thats your problem. I really dont care what that Diack thinks, he's opinion is just ludicrous
Alba
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:18:31 PM

Quote:
You are reading so much into nothing, if you misinterpreted my post then thats your problem. I really dont care what that Diack thinks, he's opinion is just ludicrous

There is nothing ludicrous about what Diack said. Its a fact. Its natural for people to loose interest in a sport when they become hopeless at it. This happens in Kenya too : Back in the 1980s for example, the Kenya boxing team was immensely popular and the boxers were household names. Now nobody knows a boxer and hardly anyone follows boxing.

Of course Diack is right. Why else do you think the world cross country championships are no longer held every year ? Its mostly because Europeans are losing interest as East Africans constantly occupy positions 1 to 15 in every race.
Kusadikika
#37 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 9:15:37 AM

Is this guy the ultimate running machine or what? In 4 years he has ran 5 marathons in less than 2:05. Check this out:

2010:
Frankfurt marathon: 2:04:57
2011:
Frankfurt marathon: 2:03:42 (Course record)
2012:
London marathon: 2:04:44
2013:
Berlin marathon: 2:03:23 (World record)
2014:
London marathon: 2:04:29 (Course record)

Now that I think about it. This man was built to run. Look at that physique: He is 6 feet tall, well almost 5ft 11.5 inches and weighs only 62kg. Long strides carrying very little weight.

Buster
#38 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 11:57:24 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
Is this guy the ultimate running machine or what? In 4 years he has ran 5 marathons in less than 2:05. Check this out:

2010:
Frankfurt marathon: 2:04:57
2011:
Frankfurt marathon: 2:03:42 (Course record)
2012:
London marathon: 2:04:44
2013:
Berlin marathon: 2:03:23 (World record)
2014:
London marathon: 2:04:29 (Course record)

Now that I think about it. This man was built to run. Look at that physique: He is 6 feet tall, well almost 5ft 11.5 inches and weighs only 62kg. Long strides carrying very little weight.

And the commentators did their best to downplay him while hyping up Mo Farah.
madollar
#39 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 9:01:40 PM

Wah this is big kipsang is the only one who has ever defeated kipchoge in the marathon

Wilson Kipsang, former marathon world-record holder, banned in doping case
Kusadikika
#40 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 10:36:37 PM

madollar wrote:
Wah this is big kipsang is the only one who has ever defeated kipchoge in the marathon

Wilson Kipsang, former marathon world-record holder, banned in doping case

This is no big deal for an athlete who is about to retire. Those doping guys are very annoying. You are supposed to tell them where you are at all times and they can come take those samples at any time with crazy instructions like they can be standing there when you pee into the cup etc. Many athletes hate them so at some point some athletes just stop caring and just ignore them and that is a doping offense. Not that you took anything but that you were not present for testing.

That is how John Ngugi the 5,000 metre Olympic Gold medalist in Seoul 1988 got banned. 2 mzungu strangers just showed up at his house in Nyahururu sometime in 1993. He did not know them and had not been told they were coming. They said they wanted to take his blood and his urine for testing. He refused and dismissed them without thinking much of it. Next day he had that he had been suspended for 4 years. He never recovered. By the time the suspension was over he weighed 100kg.