wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Pwani Feeds Chicken Farming
Bigchick
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:13:33 PM

Sorry guys for starting a new thread on Chicken when there is one existing.

Dont know how to tafuta them.

I came across a package being offered by Pwani Feeds where one buys chicken cages and 256 birds for 307k.The birds start laying eggs immediately.They barter your egg produce with feeds.They are buying the eggs at 260/tray and giving an assurance of 90% production.

Thot it was a good idea to share.

I am buying birds only 100 of them.

Hope to hawk my eggs at 290/tray.

Your views.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Chaka
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:21:35 PM

@Bigchick,
Was this deal before or after VAT was slapped on animal feeds?
Bigchick
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:37:32 PM

Chaka wrote:
@Bigchick,
Was this deal before or after VAT was slapped on animal feeds?

Before VAT.

I shall visit them next week so can give you finer details if interested.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Bigchick
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:40:55 PM

Now that @ Chaka has mentioned VAT my hawking price will go up to 310 per/tray.
Manyala
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:30:01 PM

Pwani. This is in Mombasa ama ni jina tuu?
Mukiri
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:39:29 PM

Hope not the Battery cages being banned in Europe

Proverbs 19:21
Bigchick
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:45:32 PM

Mukiri wrote:

Sorry I dont know how to post photos hapa.I would have done it

But from what I saw its some sought of grills that are in 5 layers and the edges are bound by some plastic finish where the birds lay the eggs.The same has been designed in such a way that the waste collects neatly underneath.
mmarto
#8 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:35:32 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Sorry I dont know how to post photos hapa.I would have done it

But from what I saw its some sought of grills that are in 5 layers and the edges are bound by some plastic finish where the birds lay the eggs.The same has been designed in such a way that the waste collects neatly underneath.

hii ndio imekataliwa europe. Cruelty to animals.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
wairegi
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:06:18 AM

@small chick,

Was in forum where those numbers were disputed. That customer had to run to sigma for feeds.. The laying was 50% and there about.

310 might be way too high...sasa mayai inatoka kwa museveni..you can't compete with them.

For more insights
https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmingkenya/
Bigchick
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:03:21 AM

Del
Bigchick
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:05:58 AM

wairegi wrote:
@small chick,

Was in forum where those numbers were disputed. That customer had to run to sigma for feeds.. The laying was 50% and there about.

310 might be way too high...sasa mayai inatoka kwa museveni..you can't compete with them.

For more insights
https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmingkenya/

Thanx for the info @ Wairegi.

I have visited them twice and my little assessent is that the uptake is slow for the combined product.ie birds and cage.

Farmers are either buying the birds only @ 850/bird or the cages @ 86000 which are quite space friendly.

Are you suggesting the Sigma Feeds are cheaper?
faa
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:35:23 AM

Bigchick wants to buy a chick.Halleluya
kenmac
#13 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 7:13:46 AM

pwani feeds are crap... esp broiler feeds
ni hayo tu.
......Ecclesiastes
jaggernaut
#14 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 11:49:36 AM

Gathige
#15 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 12:28:55 PM

kenmac wrote:
ni hayo tu.

@kenmac, Most animal feeds producers have compromised feeds quality due to lack of required raw materials. The animal feed market has been infiltrated by people with purely commercial interests with little focus of quality.Most feeds are purely crap

There is a vet doc somewhere in Ngong who used to make chicken feeds and he had the formula right.I did trials when i was doing chicken farming and it worked well and he could change formulations when necessary. Will check his contacts and share.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
kenmac
#16 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 8:37:21 PM

Gathige wrote:
kenmac wrote:
ni hayo tu.

@kenmac, Most animal feeds producers have compromised feeds quality due to lack of required raw materials. The animal feed market has been infiltrated by people with purely commercial interests with little focus of quality.Most feeds are purely crap

There is a vet doc somewhere in Ngong who used to make chicken feeds and he had the formula right.I did trials when i was doing chicken farming and it worked well and he could change formulations when necessary. Will check his contacts and share.

l

I trust pembe feeds more... and unga though pricey.
......Ecclesiastes
gee2gee
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:09:16 PM

Gathige wrote:
kenmac wrote:
ni hayo tu.

Did you get the contacts? Kindly share.
when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Edyj
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:24:34 PM

Is anyone here doing commercial egg farming for indigenous chicken? Which are the best feeds for this type of chicken?
"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score". - Bill Copeland

wa P
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:58:33 AM

Edyj wrote:
Is anyone here doing commercial egg farming for indigenous chicken? Which are the best feeds for this type of chicken?

The best feeds for indigenous commercial egg farming is crickets, worms, beetles and grass.

Contact me for details.
Edyj
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:46:14 PM

wa P wrote:
Edyj wrote:

The best feeds for indigenous commercial egg farming is crickets, worms, beetles and grass.

Contact me for details.

Thanks@Wa P, where do I get crickets worms... for 350 head of chicken, is there a specific chicken feed you would recommend.

kindly let me have your contacts on mumo04@yahoo.com
"The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score". - Bill Copeland