wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Credit Reference bereau
T-Bag
#1 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 8:51:24 PM

If I loose my job today and cannot service my unsecured loans, obviously my credit/default details will be forwarded to the CRB. when a new job arises, can the potential employer use/request for my negative credit report as a shortlisting mechanism tool? How is one going to get any job to be able to service these bad loans if you are barred based on bad credit history?
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
T-Bag
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:00:11 AM

Naomba sirkal ya wazua inisaidie, niko saa hii zaidi mbaya kabisa!
Museveni
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 10:54:26 AM

T-Bag wrote:
If I loose my job today and cannot service my unsecured loans, obviously my credit/default details will be forwarded to the CRB. when a new job arises, can the potential employer use/request for my negative credit report as a shortlisting mechanism tool? How is one going to get any job to be able to service these bad loans if you are barred based on bad credit history?

Pole sana ndugu..

Hii ni 'sector' gani ya uchumi wanapunguza costs ?
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
mwekez@ji
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:16:45 PM

@T-Bag, you will not be listed in CRB until your arrears fall due for more than 90 days. Even then, you will not be listed if you visit your bank and make arrangement for an alternative repayment plan that suits your alternative incomes. … Woe unto you if you let yourself get listed because you will find it very tough in getting very many things (not only a job!!!)
webish
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:04:18 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
@T-Bag, you will not be listed in CRB until your arrears fall due for more than 90 days. Even then, you will not be listed if you visit your bank and make arrangement for an alternative repayment plan that suits your alternative incomes. … Woe unto you if you let yourself get listed because you will find it very tough in getting very many things (not only a job!!!)

very important..

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
washiku
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:04:58 PM

I also think the bank is required by law to inform yu officially b4 forwarding your name. The best option is to visit your bank and explain yourself.
Pesa Nane
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:26:08 PM

T-Bag wrote:
Credit Reference bereau ???

1. Pay up
2. Re-schedule the payments
3. Consolidate the loans / Re-sell (expensive)
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Banker
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:18:02 PM

I hate to break the sad news but let me be honest with everyone here;

1. The moment you fall in arrears for over 90 days, you will be blacklisted with the 2 credit reference bureaux i.e. Trans-union & Metropol.

2. Its okay to visit your bank to explain your predicament but unless they accept to restructure your facility, you will be blacklisted.

3. Yes the banks are obliged to inform you but that is the easiest thing; they only need to produce a copy of the letter they "sent" to your last known address. The letter can even be back-dated.

4. You remember that account you opened 5 years ago and forgot about it ?? The bad news is that it has been accruing bank charges. The worse news is that one of the big 5 has been blacklisting its customers for having their accounts overdrawn by bank charges. I know it sounds illegal but am afraid they are covered by that page with the terms and conditions that nobody reads.
Jitahidi
#9 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 8:37:44 AM

Banker wrote:

1. The moment you fall in arrears for over 90 days, you will be blacklisted with the 2 credit reference bureaux i.e. Trans-union & Metropol.

2. Its okay to visit your bank to explain your predicament but unless they accept to restructure your facility, you will be blacklisted.

3. Yes the banks are obliged to inform you but that is the easiest thing; they only need to produce a copy of the letter they "sent" to your last known address. The letter can even be back-dated.

4. You remember that account you opened 5 years ago and forgot about it ?? The bad news is that it has been accruing bank charges. The worse news is that one of the big 5 has been blacklisting its customers for having their accounts overdrawn by bank charges. I know it sounds illegal but am afraid they are covered by that page with the terms and conditions that nobody reads.

Is the bank you are mentioning here Barclays Bank?
maka
#10 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 3:11:16 PM

Banker wrote:

Terms and conditions?
possunt quia posse videntur
Jitahidi
#11 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:01:57 PM

maka wrote:
Banker wrote:

Terms and conditions?

So if your account fell in arrears sometimes last year for 2 months or so then you regularized your account and it has not been in arrears since then and then today you realize that this bank actually listed you in Nov 2012 and for banking facilities that you have been using all the time what should you do? This has happened to me because of credit card that has always been active whole of 2013 and just learnt today that I was listed by a bank in Nov 2012. I have never been informed by the bank
maka
#12 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 11:03:34 PM

Jitahidi wrote:
maka wrote:
Banker wrote:

4. You remember that account you opened 5 years ago and forgot about it ?? The bad news is that it has been accruing bank charges. The worse
news is that one of the big 5 has been blacklisting its customers for having their accounts overdrawn by bank charges. I know it sounds illegal but am afraid they are covered by that page with the terms and conditions that nobody reads.

Terms and conditions?

So if your account fell in arrears sometimes last year for 2 months or so then you regularized your account and it has not been in arrears since then and then today you realize that this bank actually listed you in Nov 2012 and for banking facilities that you have been using all the time what should you do? This has happened to me because of credit card that has always been active whole of 2013 and just learnt today that I was listed by a bank in Nov 2012. I have never been informed by the bank

There is a constitutional petition being prepared by one of the big law firms in Kenya.The plaint will have 13425 plaintiffs the largest class action on a singular legal issue in East and Central Africa...wait for it.
possunt quia posse videntur
Jitahidi
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:46:03 AM

maka wrote:
Jitahidi wrote:
maka wrote:
Banker wrote:

4. You remember that account you opened 5 years ago and forgot about it ?? The bad news is that it has been accruing bank charges. The worse
news is that one of the big 5 has been blacklisting its customers for having their accounts overdrawn by bank charges. I know it sounds illegal but am afraid they are covered by that page with the terms and conditions that nobody reads.

Terms and conditions?

There is a constitutional petition being prepared by one of the big law firms in Kenya.The plaint will have 13425 plaintiffs the largest class action on a singular legal issue in East and Central Africa...wait for it.

@ maka...that is good news this will be sort out many many Kenyans who find themselves in such situations
T-Bag
#14 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 2:59:08 PM

"Abolish CRB to help grow the country and equip the youth: Hon. Nelson Koech

Belgut Member of Parliament Nelson Koech has tabled a bill seeking to abolish the Credit Reference Bureau listing process"

I still have an issue with CRB certificate being a recruitment process tool. S&*t happens.....think HELB defaults....normal retrenchment...Sportpesa and branch app loans