Bikozulu. . . and the very best of kenyan bloggers
pariah
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:26:40 PM

Those with goggles
Macharia Gaitho, Philip Ochieng (mildly), Barack Muluka
Siringi
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 6:43:36 AM

QD wrote:
This was one good read and the discovery of Rusinga Lodge was so great.

Rink : this is nyanza
That was an excellent piece. The scene from 'STEND' in Oksum siti or is it othumo and the matatu ride was so vividly captured i felt i was right theresmile Drool

and the hawkers. . . If you've been to Kisumu you must have met jamaa wa capssus, capssus

na hiyo matatu ni kama hii donge?

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
Dash
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 7:35:18 AM

Biko is the best
InnovateGuy
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 1:35:59 PM

This (Bikozulu) guy is hilarious. After a very boring Sunday waiting for the Spurs game, this is what I needed. Reading " This is Nyanza." smile
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
muganda
#25 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 3:23:18 PM

Oops missed some feedback:

@bkismat howdy keeping well, distracted with investments...
@kiterunner not the same person, and Muganda is just a handle, not my name smile

@Mukiri have you read Chimamanda's Americanah, it has become quite the social statement to lug the book around.
@Siringi his readers are very loyal.
tutebeng
#26 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 4:47:46 PM

Siringi wrote:
QD wrote:

That was an excellent piece. The scene from 'STEND' in Oksum siti or is it othumo and the matatu ride was so vividly captured i felt i was right theresmile Drool

and the hawkers. . . If you've been to Kisumu you must have met jamaa wa capssus, capssus

tutebeng
#27 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 4:52:45 PM

Siringi wrote:
QD wrote:

The story is very well written, Biko narrates his stories with skillful selection of words. His use of the word "donge" reminds me of Unbwogable.

And this place Rusinga Lodge is quite probably one of the best in the country...
leona
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:48:28 AM

Always Loved Biko's writing.. He's brilliant!
Other than his blog,I never miss his column in the Saturday & also in 'True Love'. It was sad to read his article which was a farewell to his Mum, never read a more eye opening yet deeper piece...

Than man is super talented!
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
Wakanyugi
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 1:18:53 PM

Siringi wrote:

Where is Taban Lo Liyong ' boy Kenyans can read and write we are not a literary desert

Link : Kenyan blogs listing

Taban Lo Liyong is teaching at Juba University.

Believe it or not he has become a Real Estate Magnate.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
murchr
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 7:25:49 AM

Obbo's blog has had me glued on my screen as i go through the conflict in Congo. Cant wait for the next series. http://nakedchiefs.com/2...-and-hell-breaks-loose/

He's Ugandan tho.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
pariah
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 12:30:15 PM

murchr wrote:
Obbo's blog has had me glued on my screen as i go through the conflict in Congo. Cant wait for the next series. http://nakedchiefs.com/2...-and-hell-breaks-loose/

He's Ugandan tho.

is DRC going to split into an Eastern English/swahili country and a Wsetern French/lingala country?
Rankaz13
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 3:09:57 PM

pariah wrote:
murchr wrote:

He's Ugandan tho.

is DRC going to split into an Eastern English/swahili country and a Wsetern French/lingala country?

Perhaps not necessarily split but federate with strong federal units that have a greater say in day-to-day affairs of their people. If you think about it, DRC is quite huge as a country, in fact we're often told it's bigger than Western Europe (at least the original 15countries or so). One can only imagine the challenges of adimistering such a huge and diverse region/country.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Mukiri
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 3:50:31 PM

muganda wrote:
Oops missed some feedback:

@bkismat howdy keeping well, distracted with investments...
@kiterunner not the same person, and Muganda is just a handle, not my name smile

@Mukiri have you read Chimamanda's Americanah, it has become quite the social statement to lug the book around.
@Siringi his readers are very loyal.

Recently finished her 'That thing around your neck', hii yako is next.

Proverbs 19:21
Siringi
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 4:16:11 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
pariah wrote:
murchr wrote:

He's Ugandan tho.

Perhaps not necessarily split but federate with strong federal units that have a greater say in day-to-day affairs of their people. If you think about it, DRC is quite huge as a country, in fact we're often told it's bigger than Western Europe (at least the original 15countries or so). One can only imagine the challenges of adimistering such a huge and diverse region/country.

To fully understand the DRC or Zaire problems onke has to start with the scramble and partition of Africa . The Wazungus never had the best interests of Africa at heart but their own interest

the conflicts are foreign funded by westen interests while the Congolese wealth in minerals gold etc is plundered

read Kwame Nkrumah`s book and you will see the westerners for what they really are . . .Leeches and vampires behind the coups and political instability in Africa

Who killed Patrice Lumumba
The Katanga separatists and cesation
How Mobutu Ssesse Sseko came to power and stayed for that long

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
kiterunner
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 4:21:02 PM

Siringi wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
pariah wrote:
murchr wrote:

He's Ugandan tho.

To fully understand the DRC or Zaire problems onke has to start with the scramble and partition of Africa . The Wazungus never had the best interests of Africa at heart but their own interest

the conflicts are foreign funded by westen interests while the Congolese wealth in minerals gold etc is plundered

read Kwame Nkrumah`s book and you will see the westerners for what they really are . . .Leeches and vampires behind the coups and political instability in Africa

And now it is African countries' turn to scramble for the congo wealth?
our goals are best achieved indirectly
murchr
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 6:13:18 PM

kiterunner wrote:
Siringi wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
pariah wrote:
murchr wrote:

He's Ugandan tho.

And now it is African countries' turn to scramble for the congo wealth?

It got me thinking.....the countries that Obama chose to visit with "investors". And the UN.....the UN
African countries = proxies @kiterunner
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#37 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:08:08 AM

The faces behind the commotion in DRC and CAR.

The series continues http://nakedchiefs.com/2...ds-oil-and-money-in-air/
butterflyke
#38 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:08:20 AM

[quote=murchr]

The faces behind the commotion in DRC and CAR.

The series continues http://nakedchiefs.com/2...s-oil-and-money-in-air/[/quote]

Eeeeee...this is more than a face
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Mukiri
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:31:44 AM

You know you are far deep in luo-land when a horde of shrieking and excited half naked luo children run after your car, wanting to touch it. By this time you will be too tired and too hungry to bother lifting your android phone to Instagram this moment. And whatever you do, don’t ask your hosts β€œaren’t these kids supposed to be in school?” It’s brash. It’s also none of your business. But should you feel you just have to (because you are one of those NGO types yoked with humanitarian piousness) you will be told, deservedly, that, β€œLuo children are born learned, they only go to school to calibrate their brilliance.” And you would have deserved that answer. -

Read more

Mukiri
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:33:30 AM

By the way, still on this far-flung business, there is a theorem I’m turning over in my head; that the further a luo comes from an electric line, the more obnoxious and loud he is.