wazua Sat, Jun 22, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages123>»
The Car infront is Always. . .Tyranny of the TOYOTA
Siringi
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:03:04 AM

Here i am stuck in traffic and everywhere i look is Toyota this Toyota that. I ask myself why and how did we end up becoming Toyota country?

What is all the excitement with Toyotas, are they really a value offering ot they are overrated?
are Kenyans aware of alternatives?
Where did the rain start beating us?
Growing up in the bundus toyotas werent that common. The Mbujoti 'Simba ' was the King,whether the saloons or pick -ups there were Chevrolets, gov people came in Suzukis and Landrover
Datsuns 1200 were all over Nissan pioneered the 14 seater. Isuzu had small cars. Not to mention Mitsubishi. . . Another one fron Flamingo motors
Na sijasema Mazda

what happened ? We need a referendum to end this tyranny

Ps. Those mboys who were throwing stones at the ugliness of Toyos and their chains and rivets come here and jitetee

Related rinks:
km/l

Fuel tank logic

"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
CLK
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:05:20 AM

Reminds me of the advice i got when buying my first car.

All the advice i got was pro-toyota, spares are cheap and easy to find, mechanics are plenty, guy said ukienda ushago and the car stalls on the way, how will you get a mechanic for an Audi ama VW Golf?? Made sense so i ended up with a starlet, upgraded to an Allion but all along i was eyeing the Germany machines,
so when the day came and i had to dispose the Allion i was not hearing none of the stories, i went German and am not looking back, sema resale value bla bla, the comfort and safety features make up for all the negatives, and the mindset that claims they are guzzlers is a lie, there is very little difference in fuel consumption between a Toyota 2000cc vehicle and an Audi/VW/BMW 2000cc vehicle. and i know the story about parts being expensive is also a myth, i know toyota parts that are more expensive than there equivalent in German cars.
Over and above, the car in-front is overrated, kwanza RAV4, never known why this car should cost in the neighbourhood of 2m.
that said, kila mtu na starehe zake...
masukuma
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:21:20 AM

CLK wrote:

All the advice i got was pro-toyota, spares are cheap and easy to find, mechanics are plenty, guy said ukienda ushago and the car stalls on the way, how will you get a mechanic for an Audi ama VW Golf?? Made sense so i ended up with a starlet, upgraded to an Allion but all along i was eyeing the Germany machines,
so when the day came and i had to dispose the Allion i was not hearing none of the stories, i went German and am not looking back, sema resale value bla bla, the comfort and safety features make up for all the negatives, and the mindset that claims they are guzzlers is a lie, there is very little difference in fuel consumption between a Toyota 2000cc vehicle and an Audi/VW/BMW 2000cc vehicle. and i know the story about parts being expensive is also a myth, i know toyota parts that are more expensive than there equivalent in German cars.
Over and above, the car in-front is overrated, kwanza RAV4, never known why this car should cost in the neighbourhood of 2m.

exactly... mimi ninabreak hizo "chakles" za toyota just because they are more expensive. inakaa hawa wajapan wametungundua! its not uncommon to find dealers on tradecarview claiming that the car is "for kenya" esp Premio and Allion. My next car will definitely not be a Toyota
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Litro
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:34:23 AM

That nonsense of resale i also dont buy...like i tell my friends, i am not in the business of buying cars to resell after 2 or 3 years. You buy a car because you want it for a particular reason...Japanese know too well how Kenyans are obssessed with Toyota cars, just look at how they hike the price when the car is on the seventh year!!

masukuma wrote:
CLK wrote:

exactly... mimi ninabreak hizo "chakles" za toyota just because they are more expensive. inakaa hawa wajapan wametungundua! its not uncommon to find dealers on tradecarview claiming that the car is "for kenya" esp Premio and Allion. My next car will definitely not be a Toyota

Siringi
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:49:32 AM

I will spare the prombox kwa sababu hiyo in punda.
Make this mistake of borrowing a 'friend's Allion or Premio, or fielder, Runx or Allex white in color heck add IST ,, vitz or wish, you drive to a function and park.
Several hours later the parking is full and you cannot identify the car you came with because they are all looking the same Kama punda AMA uniform ya Choir

True story
Rankaz13
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:11:08 AM

Siringi wrote:
Make this mistake of borrowing a 'friend's Allion or Premio, or fielder, Runx or Allex white in color heck add IST ,, vitz or wish, you drive to a function and park.
Several hours later the parking is full and you cannot identify the car you came with because they are all looking the same Kama punda AMA uniform ya Choir

True story

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly halafu kwa sababu sio gari yako, you barely know it's full registration. Wewe unajua tu ni KBM but hizo zingine hukumbuki Laughing out loudly
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Justice League
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:54:13 AM

One thing about us Kenyans is many times we do things because others are doing the same i.e. the bandwagon mentality.

Before I bought my first car, everyone was busy telling me that it was a waste of time buying a German car instead of a Toyota. Mara spares, mara fuel consumption etc.

I went ahead and purchased a German marque for around 400K and I never regretted. Car was very hardy and I was able to get 17-20kpl on highway driving. Spares were inexpensive but would last quite long. Bear in mind this car had a high mileage at the time of purchase. I have fond memories of that car and to this day, I vouch for the German and some European makes.

Toyotas are fine, but they are not the only good cars available.
Siringi
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:24:08 PM

Halafu shida ni hiziSad

Siringi
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:28:24 PM

Forcing you to tattoo your car all over with rivets na minyororo
eish @kiash asione hii.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly tutahama ploti

Rink : Toyota side mirrors an endangered species

mnjoro
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:37:11 PM

JAPAN + MOUNTAIN = TOYOTA(BUSSINESS) Period
jaggernaut
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:37:34 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Siringi wrote:

True story

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly halafu kwa sababu sio gari yako, you barely know it's full registration. Wewe unajua tu ni KBM but hizo zingine hukumbuki Laughing out loudly

Reminds me of a story sometimes back of a certain doctor who was lynched huko Tassia after he was seen trying to open a car that looked like his at the pub parking lot. It was at night and he thought it was his car.
Meduza
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:44:00 PM

CLK wrote:

I totally agree on the myth.
You cant win, unless you first begin....
masukuma
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:44:33 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Siringi wrote:

True story

unaanza kucall mwenyewe... "ati gari yako ni KBM...?"
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
CLK
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:13:58 PM

masukuma wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
Siringi wrote:

True story

Usiombe gari siku ingine, i will be so mad at you...
A story is told of a professor at the university, who kept reporting his car stolen so often at central police station, only it to resurface kwa parking lot, then they realized guy couldnt find his car out of the many toyotas, so he painted it a bold strip on it....
Impunity
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:17:23 PM

Siringi wrote:

True story

If you operate like a sleuth then you will know why white cars/white toyotas are the best!
Ask @Mawinder.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Tokyo
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:36:11 PM

aishhhhh! That too much love to Toyota. Hata Japanese the owners hawana that peculiar love
work to prosper
McReggae
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:40:13 PM

Tokyo wrote:
aishhhhh! That too much love to Toyota. Hata Japanese the owners hawana that peculiar love

Once China starts making proper cars you will see a major shift....you know they got tyranny!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
jaggernaut
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:48:17 PM

CLK wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
Siringi wrote:

True story

Usiombe gari siku ingine, i will be so mad at you...
A story is told of a professor at the university, who kept reporting his car stolen so often at central police station, only it to resurface kwa parking lot, then they realized guy couldnt find his car out of the many toyotas, so he painted it a bold strip on it....

Was a Peugeot 504.
simonkabz
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:09:53 PM

All this hype of German cars doesn't mean Toyos are bad at all. I have seen grown ass men crying in their stalled German Junks. When the car is well beaten, kilio kila saa. RELIABILITY guides me. Some guys decided to beat the tyranny of Hiaces with some european models, sijui LDV. A few months down the road they were crying in the toilet. Some of the most beaten up vehicles on our roads are Toyotas n Isuzu....made to go on n on n on. Ukweli usemwe. Most trusted vehicles in Kenya-

Isuzu TX, FVR, FVZ, CXZ for heavy duty. ..read mchanga, building materials etc...Japanese

Isuzu NPR, NQR, NKR, FRR city transport. Japanese.

Hilux. ..most Hardy pickup. They last a lifetime esp the older ones. Some guys tried to ferry miraa in other models. ....couldn't withstand the torture. Hilux baba yao. Japanese.

Canter, HD, FH. ...king of farm produce, general utility for most companies, even wazungu buy them. Japanese.

UD buses-Ultimate Dependability. Most of the buses u find stalled on the highways are Scanias.

Corollas go on and on, like forever. This is indisputable. They clock unbelievable mileage as taxis.

Landcruiser family. ....far more reliable n dependable than the Landrover family. Seen those rebels fighting in bushes? LCruiser Pickups are their vehicle of choice. Simple, everlasting.

IMO, Japan wins hands down.

I trust Jap models most, chinese least~but quickly catching up.. European. ....select models only.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Siringi
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:26:16 PM

In another thread the following were unanimously listed as the vehicles mostsusceptible to theft and carjacking and the %age of Toyotas on that listSad

Rink:Cars with the highest risk thefts and jackings

simonkabz wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
kamundu wrote:
Haya. List so far
1. Wish
2. Nze
3. Runx/allex
4. Probox
5. Fielder
6. Premio
7. Allion
8. Xtrail
9. Funcargo
10. Prado
11. Nissan sunny.......

That is why I have switched to Mercedes Benz.

Thats a myth! I have a pal who's new E200 was taken at gunpoint on Thika Road...4 months ago. Still not recovered!

Key word is NEW. Of course a sleek one is more riskier, inavukishwa border.