wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Tractor for use in North rift and Western
Swenani
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:39:02 PM

Hello,

Am thinking of buying a tractor to be used in Kitale and Mumias.

What is the cost of buying a new or second hand massey ferguson/ford or new holland tractor?

Any wazuan who comes from these areas? Whats the average profit per acre in Kitale and does Mumias sugar company hire tractors in the month of May-Dec because I have been told the month of Jan-April are the busiest month in Kitale? If yes,How much do they pay per day
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
mawinder
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:02:00 PM

Swenani wrote:
Hello,

Am thinking of buying a tractor to be used in Kitale and Mumias.

What is the cost of buying a new or second hand massey ferguson/ford or new holland tractor?

Any wazuan who comes from these areas? Whats the average profit per acre in Kitale and does Mumias sugar company hire tractors in the month of May-Dec because I have been told the month of Jan-April are the busiest month in Kitale? If yes,How much do they pay per day

I am a transport contractor in Mumias.For any job in Mumias you need a 90HP tractor and above preferably a New Holland TS 6000 which is Turbocharged.A new TS6000 goes for 4.5m without the plough.Land Preparation in Mumias starts in January and ends in November.Ploughing is tricky,avoid it if you can and if you can afford get a harrow and furrow as the company needs you to have both before getting the contract.For harrow,get the TS6040 which goes for 7.5m and a Nardi harrow implement for 2m.For furrow you need a TS6000 tractor and a furrow which goes for 200k.If you have 2 tractors i.e harrow and furrow you make on average 800k net a month.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:09:44 PM

Thanks @mawinder.How easy or difficult is it to become a contractor with mumias?
What if I have a MF 460 4WD with only a disk plough?
mawinder
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:38:58 PM

Swenani wrote:
Thanks @mawinder.How easy or difficult is it to become a contractor with mumias?

What is its horsepower?I guess 60HP.If it was 90HP you can get a contract through me but for a fee of 150k as my tea.If you get the contract hrough someone else,I may ensure it is revoked.A standard requirement is a 90HP tractor and above.
JkMwatha
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:06:07 PM

mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:

What is its horsepower?I guess 60HP.If it was 90HP you can get a contract through me but for a fee of 150k as my tea.If you get the contract hrough someone else,I may ensure it is revoked.A standard requirement is a 90HP tractor and above.

Wah.. you say it like it is.
mawinder
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:09:03 PM

JkMwatha wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Wah.. you say it like it is.

Yes,ask the former finance director who is now jobless.
Swenani
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:17:46 PM

mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Hp105
mawinder
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:04:19 PM

Swenani wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Hp105

Tuma email with your contacts to ellyodhong@gmail.com and have 150k readyI give you my boy you go see the person concerned and you get the contract in a day.I dont have experience with the MF but a well maintained one should do 4hectares a day,consuming 11 litres per hectare and the company pays 6000 per hectare.Do the maths.There are however unforeseen hurdles eg the tractor getting stuck,the driver ploughing for other people at a fee,not being allocated adequate fields to plough among other challenges.
jaggernaut
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:16:30 PM

#AskMawinder
Swenani
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:57:14 AM

mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Hp105

Tuma email with your contacts to ellyodhong@gmail.com and have 150k readyI give you my boy you go see the person concerned and you get the contract in a day.I dont have experience with the MF but a well maintained one should do 4hectares a day,consuming 11 litres per hectare and the company pays 6000 per hectare.Do the maths.There are however unforeseen hurdles eg the tractor getting stuck,the driver ploughing for other people at a fee,not being allocated adequate fields to plough among other challenges.

Thanks @Mawinder..I will get back to you once I get the tractor before end of November.I hope we can discuss your tea then

Thank you.
mawinder
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:33:58 PM

Swenani wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Hp105

Thanks @Mawinder..I will get back to you once I get the tractor before end of November.I hope we can discuss your tea then

Thank you.

I look forward to your tea but I would still advise you to get the New HollandTS6000 and a Nardi 4disc plough.
kaka2za
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:56:48 AM

@Mawinder, thanks for insightful info on ploughing. Could you kindly enlighten on process of getting contract for Cane transportation and preferred tractor specs?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
mawinder
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 11:37:12 AM

kaka2za wrote:
@Mawinder, thanks for insightful info on ploughing. Could you kindly enlighten on process of getting contract for Cane transportation and preferred tractor specs?

You need a tractor and a basket trailer.For the tractor,the most preferred model is NewHolland TS6000 or JohnDeere 6215 but preferably NewHolland TS6000.You also need a basket trailer.A new single basket trailer goes for 1.2m while a second one goes for between 350k and 500k and can ferry upto 15 tonnes.If you choose a double basket trailer it goes for 3m while new.You also need a winch which is used to pull the tractors when stuck,you need a cane loader to load the cane or humans to do the same,you need a pickup to transport spare tyres as punctures are common,you need a Tanganyika jack.The requirements are so many and it is a costly venture to begin but you can start by getting your own contract and getting a contractor to offer you the loading and winching for a fee,The returns are good eg for a single basket trailer the average returns are 150k a fortnight and for a double basket trailer the returns are 300k a fortnight BUT Mumias is very competitive and demanding I would advise you to start with Nzoia before moving to Mumias.If you still insist on the Mumias contract,I can assist.
mjuaji wa stocks
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 12:28:40 PM

@ mawinder .... wewe kaka seems to jua kila kitu .... form the ninjas at gachie to kisumu miwas?? Applause Applause Applause Applause

Now, since you seem to know this much .... i am sure kuna tractos za kuuza especially the TS 90, TS 120 and TS 6000 ..... za second hand ----

natafuta tractors ambazo ni 4WD ..... singles not wanted ....

I am interested in buying this units from farmers / owners who are disposing either to buy new oes or are clsoing up this biashara ....

Naweza pataa?

What are the market rates and how avaialable are these??

Asante.
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

mawinder
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 1:01:37 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@ mawinder .... wewe kaka seems to jua kila kitu .... form the ninjas at gachie to kisumu miwas?? Applause Applause Applause Applause

Now, since you seem to know this much .... i am sure kuna tractos za kuuza especially the TS 90, TS 120 and TS 6000 ..... za second hand ----

natafuta tractors ambazo ni 4WD ..... singles not wanted ....

I am interested in buying this units from farmers / owners who are disposing either to buy new oes or are clsoing up this biashara ....

Naweza pataa?

What are the market rates and how avaialable are these??

Asante.

Those tractors are very rare in the second hand market more so the 4wd as they are hot cake.If you are lucky you may get a repossessed one at CMC and you have to bribe the salesmen but I still would not advise you to buy second one as parts are costly in CMC and I dont want you buying parts in the blackmarket eg an injector pump for the TS6000 is 850k at CMC and woe unto you if the turbocharger fails.Seek financing and get a new unit.
Um Sayala
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 1:28:30 PM

@Mawinder
Applause Applause Applause Applause
Uko na PHD kutoka wapi jameni? I don't think this you get from Class room. Are you Mugabe (Experience and agewise)?
"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
mawinder
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:47:48 PM

Um Sayala wrote:
@Mawinder
Applause Applause Applause Applause
Uko na PHD kutoka wapi jameni? I don't think this you get from Class room. Are you Mugabe (Experience and agewise)?

Actually in tractors I am old in that field especially transport and I am open to any consultation.
mjuaji wa stocks
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:08:13 PM

@mawinder .... we wacha!

Hapa sasa basi umeanguka .... smile a new at cmc is around 8m!

i gave you quite a number of models - ts 90 or ts 120 or ts 6000 .... honestly, the former 2 models ar better off compared to the ts 6000 .... not turbo charged and low consumption...

Buying items from the 2nd market is not a bad idea either ..... as long as they are available ......

is there anywhere i can get a massey ferguson 390 or 399 4WD in that case?

I dont neccesarily mean in western ..... hata central / coast ama popote .....

sema nami! smile
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

mmarto
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:00:57 PM

mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@mawinder .... we wacha!

i gave you quite a number of models - ts 90 or ts 120 or ts 6000 .... honestly, the former 2 models ar better off compared to the ts 6000 .... not turbo charged and low consumption...

Buying items from the 2nd market is not a bad idea either ..... as long as they are available ......

sema nami! smile

allow me to ask which business you will put these tractors into. Or you are forming a tractor collectors club...
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
mjuaji wa stocks
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:45:18 AM

mmarto wrote:
mjuaji wa stocks wrote:
@mawinder .... we wacha!

sema nami! smile

allow me to ask which business you will put these tractors into. Or you are forming a tractor collectors club...

@ MMARTO;

Sorry .... but i hate such an attitude of thinking someone doesnt know what they are doing!!

honestly .. if you have no idea on what to contribute to what is being asked ..... then always shut up!! --- it is wiser that way.

My queries are simple and directed towards mawinder .... i dont understand why you ask such a question .... even after i put myself into your shoes .... such a question is such backward .... and BTW .... even if i was doing a collection ..... anything wrong?

Ni za kulima basi .... so?