wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
This man Mwai Kibaki
Lolest!
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:43:12 PM

I was an ardent supporter of this man but testimonies of those who knew or worked with him paint him in very negative light. Wanyiri Kihoro says Kibaki is 'heartless and mean. He does not have friends in the lower classes'. The Kihoros contributed 16m for the 2002 campaigs yet Kibaki did not even once go to see Mrs Kihoro at the hospital. Muite says he viewd Kibaki as a man living in denial. A man who thinks the poor will spread their poverty to him. Ntimama says Kibaki has few friends. He never even spoke with his ministers!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:02:08 PM

I don't know the pupose of this thread and I dont get what the beef with kibs is. He did a lot for this nation. I dont think he hates the poor but I know like most of us, he hates poverty hence the free primary education programme. Btw, who needs many friends? How many real friends do you really have or need?

BBI will solve it
:)
Mukiri
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:04:52 PM

2012 wrote:
I don't know the pupose of this thread and I dont get what the beef with kibs is. He did a lot for this nation. I dont think he hates the poor but I know like most of us, he hates poverty hence the free primary education programme. Btw, who needs many friends? How many real friends do you really have or need?

Spoken like 10 wise-men. Someone needs to study McDoba's footer.

Proverbs 19:21
thuks
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 9:15:21 PM

Mukiri wrote:
2012 wrote:

Very true! He does not know how to pretend to love like we do! And we hate him for that!
I care!
McReggae
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 9:34:58 PM

The late Njenga Karume also had a description for him in 2002......a very mean and thankless old man.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
washiku
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:15:43 PM

washiku
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:18:17 PM

washiku
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:22:22 PM

harrydre
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:22:50 PM

thuks wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
2012 wrote:

Very true! He does not know how to pretend to love like we do! And we hate him for that!

that's the kind of a man we need to move this nation. You all saw the difference he made during his presidency were it not for some who pulled him down and opposed everything and anything he did...
i.am.back!!!!
Lolest!
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:40:50 PM

2012 wrote:

I have been reading what various people have had to say on old Kibs. The consensus on his character is there. This one from Kihoro is in today's paper. Koigi didn't have nice words for him too. Waiting for thhe next one.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
simonkabz
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:50:03 AM

Whatever they say, those failures, everywhere I go, from Mombasa to Malaba, from Namanga to Moyale, I see Kibaki. The most visionary leader Kenya has ever had! His private character isn't my concern.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murchr
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:33:12 AM

Lolest! wrote:
2012 wrote:

I have been reading what various people have had to say on old Kibs. The consensus on his character is there. This one from Kihoro is in today's paper. Koigi didn't have nice words for him too. Waiting for thhe next one.

Isn't it interesting that all of them had personal interests? Now that they got a cold shoulder he becomes bad..Would the child who got to go to sch because of free primary education be of the same view? Mmmh...
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
radio
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:43:58 AM

McReggae wrote:
The late Njenga Karume also had a description for him in 2002......a very mean and thankless old man.

..people who strive for popularity tend to lack the strength inside to be themselves.
rurinjaa
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:45:25 AM

Is there anyone who would take Ole Ntimama description of Kibaki or anybody else seriously? He stated that a group should lie low like an envelope(clarified Antelope) and then Enosupukia happened. Admitted to been used by Moi and the story continues - walking over to ODM from KANU doesn't change one. History can't be revised and some of us witnessed it. Same old fox however much he tries to sanitize himself.
For Kibaki, he faired not too well politically but on the econ front he has no much-people want gains today but its the long term planner who leaps bigger benefits -so is in wazua. Read the How I made the 1st million, read the various investment strategies just here in wazua and you will see where Kibaki was and is coming from- the long term!
For Muite, if one remembers a speech he made in Kiambu when Kibaki visited there then one realizes that to respond to him is just that irrelevant. Nyerere Doctrine of irrelevancy applies to Muite more than anybody else - for heavens sake he was beaten by Dida in the last polls!
nostoppingthis
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:55:18 AM

The most tribal president Kenya has had...after being voted for 60%+ by Kenyans across the country.
mawinder
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:30:42 AM

This thread on our own wont go far but were it on the other one it would have hit 186 posts by now but thank God most wazuans come from the mountain.
maka
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:58:19 AM

Without a doubt Kibz was better than Moi...atleast infrastructural development was witnessed like never before,FPE is also a major plus...could he have done better?Yes...but to me what he did is enough...I think we have set our standards too low thats the problem,we are ok with average and at times below average...
possunt quia posse videntur
Bigchick
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:17:35 AM

mawinder wrote:
This thread on our own wont go far but were it on the other one it would have hit 186 posts by now but thank God most wazuans come from the mountain.

So even in Wazua iko Tyranny.........?

No hapanaaaaa.Its just that we have more rational wazuans than the irrational ones.So when the other one says irrational things, tunamwagika hapa to try and knock sense into him and his followers................

Otherwise hatuna Ubaya.

Kibaki had his good and bad side.His good is say 50+1% and bad is 49.99999999%.The good overrides the bad by a small percentage point but the bottom line is the good is higher than the bad.

Above all I believe we all have different personalities and have reasons why we do things in a certain way.Kibaki was not a politician and so made huge political blunders that contribute immensely to the 49.99999% bad.We did not vote for him coz he convinced us but rarher because he rode on a certain wave....he was just a lucky fellow.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
tassia
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:41:41 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:
The most tribal president Kenya has had...after being voted for 60%+ by Kenyans across the country.

Although I also feel that Kibaki may have appointed more people from his tribe in government, I think this has been exaggerated. In deciding if this is the case, I would look at the % population of that tribe against the appointments that he made.

But also, how much can those appointments affect the way you feed and cloth your family? What % of tribe mates can benefit directly from a tribe mate president in terms of appointment to government? How badly will all the other tribes fair because of this action? Is government employment the only way we can earn a decent income? What percentage of the working population is employed in government and more in particular, the senior positions where the president can influence? Most people assume that if they have a tribe mate as the President, all their problems will be wiped out.

We fail to look at the most critical things that will affect the general population regardless of the tribe. Is the president helping to create structures and policies that will benefit anyone who is working hard to improve their living standard? Things like helping create demand for goods, services etc and creating infrastructure to facilitate transportation and accessibility are more important because they will affect more people regardless of tribe.

We have no idea who is a good President or a good government because we want to elect a tribe mate thinking that we will get a short cut to resolving our problems. I remember when the economy grey at 7%, some politicians were moving around asking people if they can feel it. Economic growth does not fall down like Maana from heaven and comes looking for someone who is sleeping.

When we consider the planning done under the vision 2030 and how it was institutionalized to make sure that successful governments adopt the plans, and other policies that positively affected the general population and others which will affect the population in the future, we might be able to appreciate Kibaki's work
poundfoolish
#20 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:10:32 PM

Why do people keep flounting FPE as a success...
who here would take his/her kid to public schools cos its free?
Education levels dropped..the thing was funded by donors..
nothing pride there...

As for the old geezer.. He came, tilled the land, planted a fence.. crops n fence went up together.. when harvest would come... his closest buddies would reap.. a few sidekicks in Nairobi n environs got some crumbs.. which they appreciate since they were doing worse..
He can only score marks on infrastructure... and its below 50% since the flagship, thika rd.. keeps embarassing us like an open fly, or some vegies stuck on a tooth..

To me.. sorry to say.. his was a charade..
street kids are back.. national disunity at peak.. corruption tribalism never tackled.. govt debt high...
30% to the old geezer..
His success is seen because he is compared to a dictator..
if you compare to the issues the country wanted handled for sustainability.. he is zero..

my view..you can have yours