wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
New look Nation.co.ke site
Siringi
#61 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:23:38 AM

After reading any of the default articles pray where does one click to go to the home page like we used to do in the old website? There is a katab at the bottom which is non responsiveShame on you Shame on you Shame on you iko too many bugz hapa

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
The older version was by far much better organised.I can't find my way around here and i have given up.Ama ni uzee?

Im having major issues with the new site. I usually read the paper from the nation twitter account but since the new site, all twitter hyperlinks default to the home page. And is it just my uzee or does the site carry only ten articles? The font is however great.

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
butterflyke
#62 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:20:05 AM

washiku wrote:
Siringi wrote:
Anybody tried to search for something on the new nation website using thr search tab?
Kwangu it is not responding nktest

Mine too...just gives me a still look as if I av asked it to go to Egypt for holidayd'oh!

Laughing out loudly
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
butterflyke
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:18:18 AM

butterflyke wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Reminds me of when we moved from StocksKenya to Wazua.Mtazoea tu....

one can navigate to various contents on wazua far much better than on DN's new site, especially on a mobile device

improved navigation on the mobile version
murchr
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:50:29 PM

Is it me or have all the "Cs" turned to be "Os"?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#65 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:35:19 PM

How popular is nation.co.ke? Numbers don't lie
Global Rank
Global rank 5,479 1,198
Rank in Kenya
Kenya 10

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
butterflyke
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:45:24 PM

murchr wrote:
Global Rank
Global rank 5,479 1,198
Rank in Kenya
Kenya 10

rink?

(ps neither do hips smile )
murchr
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:19:51 PM

butterflyke wrote:
murchr wrote:
Global Rank
Global rank 5,479 1,198
Rank in Kenya
Kenya 10

rink?

(ps neither do hips smile )

www.alexa.com
maliwaza
#68 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:38:15 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
And is it just my uzee or does the site carry only ten articles?

My biggest problem with the old site was that it listed only a few articles per section, almost like the space they had to work with was finite, as with the print version (I assume that's why they had page 1, 2, etc). Foolishly I believed that the revamp would fix this. It got worse. Fewer sections, fewer articles listed, but on the up side, no more next page antics. Is there an unspoken rule regarding the number of links/articles on a page, and if so, could they please throw it out as well? That's what the 'show more' button is for, no? If it wasn't for the erratic feed (now working, thank you very much) I would have packed it in ages ago.

These people they vex me to no end.
Better to ask the question and look like a fool for a moment, than to remain in ignorance and be a fool forever.
Muheani
#69 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 8:24:52 AM

Circle Digital wrote:
We are Circle Digital Ltd, designers of the new Nation Website.

We are very grateful for all feedback, positive and negative. We are taking everything into consideration and working around the clock to address bug fixes. We appreciate that there have been challenges.

We would like to specifically reject the allegation that the new site is a copy of the USA Today site. Consider for instance the navigation of that site Vs Nation. Or the use of a slider on USA Today that is not present on Nation site.

We appreciate that there are challenges, but the integrity and originality of the work is intact.

Please keep constructive comment coming.

Feedback galore here. What have you done? those blanks and no "home" and other links still?
Siringi
#70 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 9:42:57 AM

Halafu other links to stories do not open they take you to the default page d'oh!

Muheani wrote:
Circle Digital wrote:
We are Circle Digital Ltd, designers of the new Nation Website.

We are very grateful for all feedback, positive and negative. We are taking everything into consideration and working around the clock to address bug fixes. We appreciate that there have been challenges.

We would like to specifically reject the allegation that the new site is a copy of the USA Today site. Consider for instance the navigation of that site Vs Nation. Or the use of a slider on USA Today that is not present on Nation site.

We appreciate that there are challenges, but the integrity and originality of the work is intact.

Please keep constructive comment coming.

Feedback galore here. What have you done? those blanks and no "home" and other links still?

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
safariant
#71 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:43:27 PM

An Upgrade or Downgrade?
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
King G
#72 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:58:19 PM

This has been discussed uko market/technical exhaustively. Where have you been YAWA!
Thieves
Rankaz13
#73 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 2:49:58 PM

Here:

New-look nation.co.ke
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
kiash
#74 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:44:57 PM

I think the designers had in mind the people who usually browse on the phone.They are also trying to eulate the millions of blogs around. They could have just improved the ealier site. I think (talking about myself) you could have put in mind the people who read the paper and those who do it online.Since there is a paper copy of Nation, this could have been replicated so that those who visit the site can have the impression they are still reading the paper copy.Actually for someone like me who have not seen the paper copy for months , am just wondering if am reading the same news as those reading the paper copy.Read the news section today and come tomorrow there will be the same news and you wonder kwani hakuna gazeti ya leo?
I have even started looking for news from The jackal news.
murchr
#75 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 7:58:15 AM

kiash wrote:
I think the designers had in mind the people who usually browse on the phone.They are also trying to eulate the millions of blogs around. They could have just improved the ealier site. I think (talking about myself) you could have put in mind the people who read the paper and those who do it online.Since there is a paper copy of Nation, this could have been replicated so that those who visit the site can have the impression they are still reading the paper copy.Actually for someone like me who have not seen the paper copy for months , am just wondering if am reading the same news as those reading the paper copy.Read the news section today and come tomorrow there will be the same news and you wonder kwani hakuna gazeti ya leo?
I have even started looking for news from The jackal news.

Stop being cheap...there's a digital copy that looks like the paper and has been in circulation for over 5 years if am not wrong. However, you have to subscribe and pay
tonicasert
#76 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 7:27:29 AM

I'm beginning to love Capital fm news after struggling with nation website in the last 1-2 weeks.
Njung'e
#77 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:47:20 PM

tonicasert wrote:
I'm beginning to love Capital fm news after struggling with nation website in the last 1-2 weeks.

Same here Toni.Compare the mess that is the new site with their UG sister paper.Simplicity at it's best God knows i really hate clatterSad .NKT!

http://www.monitor.co.ug/
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
The Clown
#78 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 2:36:44 PM

tonicasert wrote:

Me too. They've really messed up the nation.co.ke site.
murchr
#79 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 3:53:51 AM

Already infected by a malware
butterflyke
#80 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:20:48 PM

can the sister paper, the east african online version, publish a new photo essay?

the westgate one has been on for long enough....tragic episode in the history of kenya...