wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Platz 1500cc lost power after service
Sandu
#1 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 4:53:23 PM

SKerians,i took my Platz for normal service and since then it has lost power and fuel consumption has gone high. They didn't change the plugs. The pickup speed is poor. It had no problems before the service. What could have happened?
chemos
#2 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:09:30 PM

Sandu wrote:

SKerians,i took my Platz for normal service and since then it has lost power and fuel consumption has gone high. They didn't change the plugs. The pickup speed is poor. It had no problems before the service. What could have happened?

Have you checked the Expiry Date on the side of the Door???smile smile
Impunity
#3 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:17:56 PM

Sandu wrote:

They must have serviced it with oil and filters meant for Mark X, please drian all the oil and refill with the appropriate grade oil.
And by the way Platz and pick up speed/power cannot fit in the same sentence, I just wonder how you have managed to do the same.
d'oh! d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mawinder
#4 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:30:52 PM

Sandu wrote:

Probox is 20times better than that jalopy.Is it a KAW?
Sandu
#5 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:34:53 PM

Impunity wrote:
Sandu wrote:

They must have serviced it with oil and filters meant for Mark X, please drian all the oil and refill with the appropriate grade oil.
And by the way Platz and pick up speed/power cannot fit in the same sentence, I just wonder how you have managed to do the same.
d'oh! d'oh!

@ Impunity, Thank you for the hint on oil& Filter. for oil they used Havoline. not sure about the filter. sorry, by pickup-speed i meant start-up speed is delaying.
quicksand
#6 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:36:21 PM

Wacheni kuwa hivyo jameni ...Saidieni @Sandu ...ok back to brass tacks.
If your gari has an ECU it has an oxygen sensor somewhere ...this could have been stolen/replaced/dropped in a bucket of oil and got clogged. The ECU itself could have been reset/is on the fritz.
Being a Jap car it is very likely it has an OBD port, peleka a garage where they have an OBD scanner.
Sandu
#7 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:39:50 PM

mawinder wrote:
Sandu wrote:

@ Mawinder, smile, it is a kax but very well maintained. The consumption was good b4 service and had the power that i need.
Gathige
#8 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:42:51 PM

chemos wrote:
Sandu wrote:

Have you checked the Expiry Date on the side of the Door???smile smile

@Chemos, Kuwa mpole. Did you see Makali's merc after a minor brush with a trailer? All contraptions on the road remain the same- Pieces of metal in different shapes

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Impunity
#9 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:49:03 PM

Sandu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Sandu wrote:

d'oh! d'oh!

@ Impunity, Thank you for the hint on oil& Filter. for oil they used Havoline. not sure about the filter. sorry, by pickup-speed i meant start-up speed is delaying.

Read my post between the line.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Anyway probox sio gari ya kuogeleshwa in a middle class forum like wazua.

Sandu
#10 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:50:22 PM

quicksand wrote:
Wacheni kuwa hivyo jameni ...Saidieni @Sandu ...ok back to brass tacks.
If your gari has an ECU it has an oxygen sensor somewhere ...this could have been stolen/replaced/dropped in a bucket of oil and got clogged. The ECU itself could have been reset/is on the fritz.
Being a Jap car it is very likely it has an OBD port, peleka a garage where they have an OBD scanner.

@Quicksand, thank you for that dimension. I feel that's the way to go coz' i'm still wondering what happened and i presumed it is just a normal service.
Sandu
#11 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:53:47 PM

Impunity wrote:
Sandu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Sandu wrote:

d'oh! d'oh!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

wewe impunity...wewe..eti...smile smile smile
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:54:46 PM

Read quicksand's comment. You can also check out the lead wires n plugs.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Gathige
#13 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:58:24 PM

Sandu wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Sandu wrote:

@ Mawinder, smile, it is a kax but very well maintained. The consumption was good b4 service and had the power that i need.

@Sandu, also check to ensure the fuel you are using is not adulterated. Have u changed your regular fueling point?
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
ZILLION
#14 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 6:03:39 PM

Check your oil level they could have over/under filled,check connections around the air cleaner they might have left the cover open or some clips are loose.
If that doesn't work go to the mechanic who did the service and ask him what he stole from your car.
Impunity
#15 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 6:17:12 PM

Sandu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Sandu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Sandu wrote:

d'oh! d'oh!

wewe impunity...wewe..eti...smile smile smile

Ama walikuwekea air filter ya tractor such that much air is lost trying to pass through the gigantic filter...by the time it reaches the engine the air is so thin and exhausted!!!

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Punda Mlia
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:39:21 PM

Sandu wrote:

Forget the complex solutions offered ya ECU etc. The reason could be as follows;
1. Check engine oil level. If they overfilled, then you will experience power lose.
2. Check air filters...most likely the vehicle is starved of air. Was the correct filter fitted? is it tight?
3. Fuel quality - maybe the place you fueled had low octane petrol
4. It is unlikely after service, the plugs get damaged suddenly. If the mechanic fiddled with them, ensure the leads are firmly in place. Vehicle could most likely be firing from 3 cylinders and not 4.

If that is not working, cheki mifuko za overall ya makanika...unaweza pata some missing components stowed away there Laughing out loudly
mjuaji wa stocks
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:35:58 PM

Punda Mlia wrote:
Sandu wrote:

Forget the complex solutions offered ya ECU etc. The reason could be as follows;
1. Check engine oil level. If they overfilled, then you will experience power lose. = I experienced this when i one day over filled it myslef - sandu, please check this
2. Check air filters...most likely the vehicle is starved of air. Was the correct filter fitted? is it tight?
3. Fuel quality - maybe the place you fueled had low octane petrol - oops! and i one day had some money hungry fellow fill my car with petrol mixed with kerosene, had similar problems - not picking and loss of power - sandu please check this!
4. It is unlikely after service, the plugs get damaged suddenly. If the mechanic fiddled with them, ensure the leads are firmly in place. Vehicle could most likely be firing from 3 cylinders and not 4. - yup, need to change plugs also - but go step by step.

If that is not working, cheki mifuko za overall ya makanika...unaweza pata some missing components stowed away there Laughing out loudly

See my comments in blue

In addition avoid computer diagnostics by all costs - they will reap you big and not find a problem esp if fuel or plugs is the problem or engine oil level higher than normal.

Avoid them ... utaletewa invoice ushangae.

Report back once sorted.
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

Sandu
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:47:24 AM

I'm very thankful Skerians for your great help. I checked on the air cleaner connections and one connection was not done at all. I couldn't believe it. A journey that spends 1200/= took away my 2800/= The mechanic couldn't spot the problem even on the second day. I'm grateful guys. I now have the power+good consumption.
ZILLION
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:27:31 PM

Sandu wrote:
I'm very thankful Skerians for your great help. I checked on the air cleaner connections and one connection was not done at all. I couldn't believe it. A journey that spends 1200/= took away my 2800/= The mechanic couldn't spot the problem even on the second day. I'm grateful guys. I now have the power+good consumption.

Well done for identifying the problem yourself my advice to you is be very careful with our mechanics most of them don't know what they are doing.
Secondly learn some mechanical techniques and buy a do it yourself mechanical tool box for your car.
Learn the basics like changing the air cleaner,the oil filter and the engine oil you should not take your car to the mech for these basics.
Sandu
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:38:41 PM

ZILLION wrote:
Sandu wrote:

Well done for identifying the problem yourself my advice to you is be very careful with our mechanics most of them don't know what they are doing.
Secondly learn some mechanical techniques and buy a do it yourself mechanical tool box for your car.
Learn the basics like changing the air cleaner,the oil filter and the engine oil you should not take your car to the mech for these basics.

Thank you Zillion. I agree.